Jaguar A

Here is the long awaited Jauguar A for the french Air Force

It should be compatible with SFP1 and SF2 (all versions)

The base work is from BPAO, in 2005.

Skins are 1024x1024, but a 2048 version is planned for version 2.

It comes in 3 versions :

- early 1972-85 (presently the JagA Lot1) : no laser bombing capacities

- intermediate 1978-95 (presently the JagA2 Lot4) : can carry laser guided munitions, but no designator

- late 1996-2006 (presently the JagA3 Lot5) : can deliver and designate laser guided ammunitions.

Each version is subdivided into two sub-version for simplicity and compatibility with SF1 :

With European camo fuel tanks and with Desert camo fuel tanks

The weapon pack requires further refinements, but this will be done as an update

Install :

Just insert the content of the jaguar directory in your addon install, overwriting files when

prompted to do so

Credits :

all 3D work is by BPAo , aircraft and pit (thank you chap, we don't forget you)

The basic textures,skins and decals by Tom Venom and Sony Tuckson.

skin updates and additional skins paulopanz, Coupi, ludo.m54

Decals by JAT, additional decals by paulopanz

The flight Model is based on the Jaguar GR1 (http://combatace.com/topic/67434-jaguar-gr1-for-sf2-series/) by column5, kreelin, baffmeister and was adjusted (engine, mass ...) for the Jaguar A version.)

Effects : Deuces, JSF_Aggie, BPAo, Sony Tuckson

Special thanks to UF_Josse and various memebers of the C6 forum for their information

Jeanba : bugs, historical mistakes, delays and some packaging

Crusader : Correcting Jeanba's bugs, basic packagings, weapons, historical researches

Tk : for the game

Additionnal thanks to rollnloop for your tests

No animal were harmed during the creation of this model (except for bbq).

Legal stuff:

This mod is freeware. Commercial use is not allowed.

It is not allowed to include part ore totality of this mod in a commercial software.

If uploading part or all this addon, please include porper credits in the readme

• Like 2

ohhh... any chance for SF2 version?

been waiting for this one for a long time. thank you so much to everyone who worked on getting this finished.

Thank you so much, SO glad that no animals were hurt ...... I most certainly would NOT have downloaded without this knowledge !!!!   :crazy:

Well I have to add a little / great value to the team that worked to finish up this plane.

Even if quite almost all members are and were French they never wrote in French a post, as I and Baffeister (I guess the only non French people aboard) could understand ALL was going on.

So I had to write this to thank our French friends for sharing every post, each idea with us.

Not easy (very few times when I can't explain well in English I need to write something in italian  to Alex ..... sorry Baff :blush: ) and very, very polite.

Paul  :blum:

Edited by paulopanz

Well Stary, for me it looks like SF2 version. :blink:

SF2 Downloadsection, Folder structure etc... ;-)

BTW, Nice work on the Jaguar A

Edited by Soulfreak

It IS a SF2 version, but works also under SF1

Even if quite almost all members are and were French they never wrote in French a post, as I and Baffeister (I guess the only non French people aboard) could understand ALL was going on.

Paul  :blum:

Don't forget Crusader.

With my Italian/Spanish colleagues, if somebody cannot say it in english, he tells it in Italian / French / Spanish, and usually, it works

• Like 2

Merci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  finalement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Superb travail  :bowdown2:  Amazing job!!!!

Awsome job. I really love this bird. I only have a little trouble. AI seems unable to hit targets when dropping GP bombs (SAMP-400/250, BL-4...). Bombs are released too early and hit the ground before the target. What can i do to fix it? Thanks for all. (and thanks to BPAO. We won't forget him)

Thanks for that bird! But why did you use that cockpit? That cockpit looks more similar to a Mirage F-1 than a Jaguar (at least for me).

And already exists a Jaguar cockpit (from the Jaguar GR.1) Why don't use that one?

Sorry, it is only a question. Nice plane anyway, I downloaded and have it in my SF2E install.  :good:

Awesome aircraft! We needed proper ones for ODS and NATO Fighters. BTW the cockpit is a new correct one, I think, since the French Jaguar A and the British Jaguar GR.1 were totally different both in the cockpit and in the avionics.

Thanks for that bird! But why did you use that cockpit? That cockpit looks more similar to a Mirage F-1 than a Jaguar (at least for me).

And already exists a Jaguar cockpit (from the Jaguar GR.1) Why don't use that one?

Sorry, it is only a question. Nice plane anyway, I downloaded and have it in my SF2E install.  :good:

Simply because this is the real french jaguar cockpit, which is completly different from the Jaguar GR serie 

The included cockpit is fairly accurate.

Awsome job. I really love this bird. I only have a little trouble. AI seems unable to hit targets when dropping GP bombs (SAMP-400/250, BL-4...). Bombs are released too early and hit the ground before the target. What can i do to fix it? Thanks for all. (and thanks to BPAO. We won't forget him)

Thank you for pointing this to us, I will recheck

Edited by jeanba

Excelent plane. Small quirk I saw is range to waypoint last digit roll is bit strange. Looks like it missing one decimal and it rolling singles.

I love the way this plane is underpowered - did the Armée de l'Air ever opt for a replacement of the Adour 102? The RAF later put in the 104 and 106 with increased thrust - made the underpowered Jag slightly less underpowered.

Must have been quite a ride for the FAF guys deployed in africa - runway-markers flashing by on take-off and the plane just wants to hug the ground  :biggrin:

Engine replacement have been planned since the begining, but never done.

For takeoff and climb, afterbruners were almost mandatory, which is reflected in the FM.

On the other hand, the plane had a (relativly) good autonomy.

It was said that Jaguar could only takeoff because the earth was round.

That the landing gear had to be retracted to avoid collision with the airport fence.

As to equipement, it was said during desert storm that the Jaguar was not even at the standard of general aviations small ^plane like Cessna ...

GPS were added almost "by hand", some jokes saying that they were bought in a discount saudian electronic store.

• Like 1

ops! My bad with the series request, apparently I messed replies (my reply should go to Gen1 other upload)

• Like 1

The Jaguar was very much underrated. One of my favourite Jaguar quotes is from Bill Gunston, the greatest aviation writer ever, who wrote in 1974, "Any ex-Lancaster chap will be interested to hear that the Jaguar, with a wing span ten feet less than a Spitfire, can take off from a UK base and clobber a point target in Berlin, in solid clag, with ten thousand pounds of h.e."

• Like 2

Unless, of course, the NAVWASS topples at gear-retraction, as it did regulary  :biggrin:

Interesting little aircraft anyway - ahead of it's time.

Unless, of course, the NAVWASS topples at gear-retraction, as it did regulary  :biggrin:

Interesting little aircraft anyway - ahead of it's time.

I don't think know.

Actually, there was several years of delay in first deliveries.

For instance, let's compare it with the Corsair II

The Corsair II had the benefit of coming off the american industry when it was heavily involved in going to the moon. Hence lots of advances in technology that were taken over into fighters and attack-planes of the time. The A-6's navigation and attack-system was a direct spin-off of Apollo's guidance computers IIRC - no surprise there, as Grumman built the LM.

The Jag did not directly benefit from these developments (Europe didn't have a proper space-programme back then - Concorde took over the "high tech stuff"-role, though). The NAVWASS of the RAF-Jags caused some delays, but really was almost as good (even though far from as reliable as) the systems aboard the A-7 or even the A-6. Both american planes were much larger as well. And they couldn't operate off grassy airstrips.

All of those aircraft (Jag, A-6 and A-7) were gigantic leaps into the area of today's technology.

The Armée de l'Air Jaguar did not have such a sophisticated navigation system.

That's true, but the Mirage IIIE - which was used for attack and strike - had a package that was alright (no INS, but Doppler-navigation). The Mirage IV also did have a good nav-suite.

The Jag was initially designed to be a trainer, so the attack/ strike-versions were more an fterthought during the design process. I wonder why the AdlA never bothered to put in more advanced gear? Propably due to tight budgets...

The Jaguar International even had a version featuring an Agave-Radar that enabled use of anti-ship missiles.

Those were updated and designed as part of the nuclear deterrent force and as such were granted special attention.

Additionnally, when Dassault bought Breguet, the Jaguar was not his main priority and the Mirage F1 or 'Super) Etendard were much favoured