Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Update of chemo treatment and other things

Hey guys,

Figured I would update you on the process of the chemo. First week went well although on the last day of my first chemo treatment round I was in bed most of the day. I was in bed most of the weekend as well. I was one tired Falcon.

I didn't get sick or nothing like that but I coughed up alot of phlegm (it was normal anyway, my allergies was acting up). I'll go to my next 5 day chemo on the 17th. Today I got my pony tail cut off and re-shaped my hair. It looks ok, the hair dresser cut it too short though. After that I visited a hobby shop next door that I used to go back then they had slot cars (GAWD I feel old) and looked around. Brought back memories of trying to build models LOL. Saw a beautiful F-4E on display and I looked at my mother and said in ASL "I wish I could do that" and she patted my shoulder and said "I know son".

I remember building a large scaled model of VF-84's F-14D (by Revell.. I think) with my Step-dad (bless him, he was kind of a impatient person) and we had problems of the swing wing mechanism. After few days of troubleshooting, I told him to scrap it (and 29.95 down the drain) and I never bought a kit again. Thank god for diecast models :). I always like large scale models more than the 1/72 or the 1/48 scale (although my uncle and I did a very beautiful B-25 in that 1/48 scale when I was about 10 or 11) because of the level of detail. Anyway sorry for the modeling kit rant.

After that my mother & I went to the local mall where I went to Suncoast (FYE by different name). I bought 2 3d movies: Man of Steel and Gravity. I then headed to the Anime section, while I was going to there I saw they had Pacific Rim figures. They had the complete third wave set and I grabbed them all. While my mother was putting them on the empty cashier table, I was looking through the Anime section. I didn't see any series I wanted and when I wheeled toward the table, I saw it... the 18" figure of the mech Gypsy Danger on the table with a sales guy grinning. And yes I heard angels... shaddup :P. I was all giggly and guess what... I bought him as well. I just spent 250 dollars total LOL! Think that is a record for me ;). Shouldn't of bought the 18" though, I could get him for 89 online but I HAD THE FEVER MAN! LOL. Anyway I had to share this experience to you guys.

Falcon

Everything that can make you feel better and happy it's a good thing....ever cost 250 bucks or more!

I wish you a complete recovery, mate!

Stay strong for you and your family!

Keep on truckin' !

1/48 is really good for me:

Almost as popular as 1/72 (you can get almost any aircraft you can think of in 1/48).

Large enough to see good detail.

Small/cheap enough to have lots of them.

Of course, some 1/48 models end up being large: I have an SR-71, B-17G, and PBY hanging up and a half-finished B-1B that dwarfs all of them (with functioning swing wing).

My son just blew all of his saved up money buying this and having me build it for him:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-MS-06F-Zaku-Real-Grade/dp/B004XQNEXM/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_d_1

It is small, but had countless small parts, lots of jointed/hinged parts, and the eye is geared to move with the head.

Most amazing model I have ever seen and it fits in the palm of my hand.

Molded in colors, no glue or paint needed, just press fit and vinyl(?) stickers.

71FVxfPj6eL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

Keep on truckin' !

1/48 is really good for me:

Almost as popular as 1/72 (you can get almost any aircraft you can think of in 1/48).

Large enough to see good detail.

Small/cheap enough to have lots of them.

Of course, some 1/48 models end up being large: I have an SR-71, B-17G, and PBY hanging up and a half-finished B-1B that dwarfs all of them (with functioning swing wing).

My son just blew all of his saved up money buying this and having me build it for him:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-MS-06F-Zaku-Real-Grade/dp/B004XQNEXM/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_d_1

It is small, but had countless small parts, lots of jointed/hinged parts, and the eye is geared to move with the head.

Most amazing model I have ever seen and it fits in the palm of my hand.

Molded in colors, no glue or paint needed, just press fit and vinyl(?) stickers.

71FVxfPj6eL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah my friend David (you guys know him as Eagle114th on here) went to Japan this summer (he's going back on the 17th) bought me two kits the Original GUNDAM Mech and Char's red ZAKU II. He built the GUNDAM for me while his Fiancee's daughter built the ZAKU II while in Japan. He got a girlfriend during his first trip and is very happy. Yeah its amazing for a tiny model.

Falcon

PS Awesome Standard ZAKU model :) by the way.

Thanks for the update Falcon and you should enjoy Gravity.  Was very good in 3D (Saw at the cinema) with all the bits flying out of the screen.

Falcon,

Its good to hear of your progress. Stay strong

Swing-wing planes are the biggest PITA models to make.

I made a 1:72 F-14, 1:72 MiG-23, and 1:72 B-1B and UGH they all gave major headaches with the wings.

glad to hear the first round was okay.. hope next round would go as well!

take care, Hen.

Keep it up and by all means, keep doing what makes you feel better. That's half the battle.