Hello Flying Virtual Aces,

I am making a New Campaign

A What If

American Vietnam War 2 starting from 03/02/1983.

NVietnam supported by China and Soviet Union/Russia.

and America/Supported by RAF like in the first gulf war for runway bombing ..

and in later version more NATO Country's support
like in Kosovo War and War in Afghanistan.

The Campaign short intro Info.

After the first American Vietnam war.

China and Soviet/Russia  starting to build in 1980 Military bases and airbases in north Vietnam to combine attack towards the Philippines

to surround American Allied Japan.

in 1982 towards 1983 American ground forces started a ground war in south vietnam to claim/build military bases and airbases.

in 1983 China And soviet/Russia started there attack against Philippines.

the campaign It self starts on 03/02/1983

and ends if you win the war in 2020

the war chances during the years

F-15's towards F-22's

from F-14's/F-18's towards F35's etc

and the enemy site from 3th generation towards 4+ generation fighters/bombers.

Now i have some few questions

1. can i make ground war... like soldiers capturing airbases etc.

2. can i give North vietnam other goals than i give China..

like NV attacking city's and China only airbases.

[Force001]
Alignment=FRIENDLY
Nation=USAF
BaseArea=Saigon

[Force002]
Alignment=ENEMY
Nation=NVietnam
BaseArea=Hanoi

can i add  Force003 and 004 etc.?

4. are there editor triggers

like if you don't win this ... or this gets destroyed.. you win or lose a region or airbase

many thx

In 1980 North Vietnam neither South Vietnam existed anymore, both countries merged in Vietnam already in 1976 (well, the north conquered the south and reunificated Vietnam), so sorry but the story is not a realistic one.

Hello Gulf , thanks for wour WIP , can you make a Balkan Campaign aboutBalkan War betwenn 1995-99 whit italian Air Base ?

Interesting scenario, but keep in mind that:

During the late 1970s through the 1980s, China and the US supposedly had an "unofficial" mutual defense agreement in place, an agreement that either would defend the other in case of an attack by the Soviet Union.  The PRC and the USSR had fought a limited border war against one another during 1969. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict )

In 1979, China and Vietnam fought a limited war against one another (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War ) I'm sure that they were not exactly the best of friends in 1983.

What I am trying to say is that China would have been more likely to attack Vietnam, a Soviet ally, then to have cooperated with either for an attack against the Philippines, a US ally.

Antares81 we don't have a terrain for a balkan campaign!!!! :fie:  :fie:  :fie: :fie:  

In 1980 North Vietnam neither South Vietnam existed anymore, both countries merged in Vietnam already in 1976 (well, the north conquered the south and reunificated Vietnam), so sorry but the story is not a realistic one.

well if u read closely i sayd its a WHAT IF Campaign so its never realistic...

but thx for u criticism

i know after the war its 1 whole vietnam...

but the campaign map is still north and south.. so i have to blend it in why its still north and south...

i miss that the philipines are not included in the map... so thats the second thing i have to blend in...

During the late 1970s through the 1980s, China and the US supposedly had an "unofficial" mutual defense agreement in place, an agreement that either would defend the other in case of an attack by the Soviet Union.  The PRC and the USSR had fought a limited border war against one another during 1969. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict )

In 1979, China and Vietnam fought a limited war against one another (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War ) I'm sure that they were not exactly the best of friends in 1983.

What I am trying to say is that China would have been more likely to attack Vietnam, a Soviet ally, then to have cooperated with either for an attack against the Philippines, a US ally.

well thats all true and lucky its a What if Campaign..

if its possible to edit some like this.. china and Russia are first friends and near the end enemy's

that i will use..but as far as i know thats not possible.

i make this campaign with in mind what would happend if vietnam war lasted longer or starts in the early 80's

when america's F-15/F-14/F-18's are operational..

against.. su-27's mig-29's

i allways thought if America Got the F-14's F-18's F-16's and F-15's plus F-117 a little bit sooner it would have totally altered the air war.. near total air dominance

like in the gulf war/desert storm or in Operation Freedom Iraqi had.

but in my Campaign you got more and heavyer AAA and SAM's <allmost as heavy as Bagdad through out the whole country

so more Anti Air Defence missions needed to win the war otherwise you lose to many aircraft..

i put in a Soviet aircraft carrier with yak 38m near Beihei or Pakhoi what ever you like.

1 tu-95 Nuclear bomber with nuke flying 1 or 2 missions.. <some where in the middle of the campaign.

My Campaign name derived from that mission its called Operation Nuclear Sunrise

i want to make a campaign because there is never a war that both sides their planes are used to its full potential..

i don't think that America has a easy ride in a all out war against su-27+ and mig 29+

mig 29's are used by Iraqi airforce.. but those pilots i dont think they are as good as Soviet Pilots in mig 29's..

like in korea war that so in one day to the other pilots were 100 times better and American loses doubled.

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

Su-27s and MiG-29s would not have been in front line service until late 1984 at the earliest, and Soviet AAMs of the era (early-mid 1980s) were not in the same league as their western counterparts. And that's before we even get to the subject of radars and ECM.

If the Soviets had moved one of their Kiev-class carriers into the area, what would it have accomplished?  As an ASW platform, it may have been of some use, but its air wing of Yak-38s would have provided target practice, at best.

Tu-22m bombers would have been cause for concern, with their ASMs...but moving them to them to front line airbases in Vietnam would have exposed them to attack from sub-launched TLAMs.

A more likely scenario was once envisioned by Tom Clancy (in his non-fiction book, "Fighter Wing"), and that is of a  counter revolution taking place, where Ho-Chi Min city (Saigon) and the surrounding region secedes from Vietnam, and the US intervenes on behalf of the "new" Saigon government.

Edited by Fubar512

Hello Gulf , thanks for wour WIP , can you make a Balkan Campaign aboutBalkan War betwenn 1995-99 whit italian Air Base ?

You are obsessed with that.... the terrain is still WIP , once it will be ready.. the campaign will be straight foward to create.

Su-27s and MiG-29s would not have been in front line service until late 1984 at the earliest, and Soviet AAMs of the era (early-mid 1980s) were not in the same league as their western counterparts. And that's before we even get to the subject of radars and ECM.

If the Soviets had moved one of their Kiev-class carriers into the area, what would it have accomplished?  As an ASW platform, it may have been of some use, but its air wing of Yak-38s would have provided target practice, at best.

Tu-22m bombers would have been cause for concern, with their ASMs...but moving them to them to front line airbases in Vietnam would have exposed them to attack from sub-launched TLAMs.

A more likely scenario was once envisioned by Tom Clancy (in his non-fiction book, "Fighter Wing"), and that is of a  counter revolution taking place, where Ho-Chi Min city (Saigon) and the surrounding region secedes from Vietnam, and the US intervenes on behalf of the "new" Saigon government.

yeah target practice.... hahahha thats true..

but my campaign starts with the old vietnam planes... and only the new ones are available when they are originaly operational.

so F-14 will be replacing the F-4 .. F-14 will be replaced by F-18  and the F-18 will be replaced by F-35. <2012/2013 as reference.

yak 38m will be replaced by su-27 family as soon as su-27 mod is available.. and as carrier aircraft the su-27 will be replaced by mig-29k

thats one of the things i do with comparison with the real world aviation history.

and the rest well it will be a Fictional War with some bits "stolen" from real world events.

but i don't started this topic to discus the realistic of my campaign .. i need some answers to my questions.

so i can Testing

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

Now i have some few questions

1. can i make ground war... like soldiers capturing airbases etc.

2. can i give North vietnam other goals than i give China..

like NV attacking city's and China only airbases.

[Force001]

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Nation=USAF

BaseArea=Saigon

[Force002]

Alignment=ENEMY

Nation=NVietnam

BaseArea=Hanoi

can i add  Force003 and 004 etc.?

4. are there editor triggers

like if you don't win this ... or this gets destroyed.. you win or lose a region or airbase

many thx

1 & 2 Yes you can do a ground war - you need to define nodes that each enemy/friendly ground forces advances or retreats to - you should see an example at the bottom of a _campain.ini. The amount of nodes/paths you can have isn't much so don't go too wild.

3 Yes you can add more forces

4. The campaign will run on until strategic ground objective is reached - or max missions has occurred for example.

1 & 2 Yes you can do a ground war - you need to define nodes that each enemy/friendly ground forces advances or retreats to - you should see an example at the bottom of a _campain.ini. The amount of nodes/paths you can have isn't much so don't go too wild.

3 Yes you can add more forces

4. The campaign will run on until strategic ground objective is reached - or max missions has occurred for example.

thx MigBuster!!!

after your answers there is a other question popping up.. i made a new mod folder, like on all most every tutorial.

made a copy of the StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic and renamed it to StrikeFighters2 ONS and start it up... but its main menu  picture is the picture of  StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.. will the  content for North atlantic still be active?? <all those things thats new in North atlantic

Does somebody know why i cannot select China? too much nations?

i got now

USAF

USN

USM

Nvietnam

Soviet

China

RAF

If you look in the SF1 downloads section, you can find my Linebacker III campaign. It has all the strategic nodes laid out for a ground war on the VietnamSEA map.

Edited by malibu43

LimitedNations=TRUE in the terrain's Nations ini. Takes precedence over all others

LimitedNations=TRUE in the terrain's Nations ini. Takes precedence over all others

i can select every nation but China

this is whats in my VietnamSEA_nation.ini

[Theater]

TheaterName=Southeast Asia

Location001=South Vietnam

Location002=Thailand

Location003=North Vietnam

Location004=Cambodia

Location005=Laos

Location006=China

Location007=Burma

Location008=Hainan Island

Location009=Gulf of Tonkin

Location010=South China Sea

[LimitedNationList]

FriendlyNation001=USAF

FriendlyNation002=USN

FriendlyNation003=USMC

FriendlyNation004=SVietnam

FriendlyNation005=RAF

EnemyNation001=NVietnam

EnemyNation002=Soviet

EnemyNation003=China

nothing more and nothing less

If you look in the SF1 downloads section, you can find my Linebacker III campaign. It has all the strategic nodes laid out for a ground war on the VietnamSEA map.

cool and how many  Forces do u got? only Nvietnam against USA?

and by all means can i see you offer as a offer to use your nodes?

also a new problem has accure

no enemy planes.. all the ground objects and Anti Air defence are present

i get only armed recon missions but i sayd in my campaign data that this type of planes fly 0 armed recon as well as normal recon.

i changed all the fighters/bombers i use in the campaign to a later end_date. also terrain end date i chanced to 2020

still no planes.. no russians no china no Nvietnam.

and a other problem when i select the f-14.. in the year 83 <start of my campaign... it has all kind of bombloads..

but there are no f-14 bomber versions and the bomber version of the f-14 its after 1996...

is there a cure for that... i use the F-14SP_V121 full install +- 240 mb packed

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

thx MigBuster!!!

after your answers there is a other question popping up.. i made a new mod folder, like on all most every tutorial.

made a copy of the StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic and renamed it to StrikeFighters2 ONS and start it up... but its main menu  picture is the picture of  StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.. will the  content for North atlantic still be active?? <all those things thats new in North atlantic

Did you actually make a copy of the StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic.exe file and the renamed copy when run created a new folder called StrikeFighters ONS?

no enemy planes.. all the ground objects and Anti Air defence are present

i get only armed recon missions but i sayd in my campaign data that this type of planes fly 0 armed recon as well as normal recon.

i changed all the fighters/bombers i use in the campaign to a later end_date. also terrain end date i chanced to 2020

still no planes.. no russians no china no Nvietnam.

and a other problem when i select the f-14.. in the year 83 <start of my campaign... it has all kind of bombloads..

but there are no f-14 bomber versions and the bomber version of the f-14 its after 1996...

is there a cure for that... i use the F-14SP_V121 full install +- 240 mb packed

Have you got any enemy planes in service in the years you are selecting?

The F-14 loadouts are defined in the F-14n_loadout.ini - they can be specified per year if required.

You might need to change the single mission start and end years in options.ini if you are testing using single missions

I once made something in 1979, with Russians and Vietnamese in the South against chinese invading from the north, with the Minsk battlegroup included. Will try to see how that can work again

Did you actually make a copy of the StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic.exe file and the renamed copy when run created a new folder called StrikeFighters ONS?

yes i have Mr MigBuster..

i made a copy of sf2 NA exe and renamed it to strikefighters2 ONS  shortcut for operation Nuclear sunrise

the same as i have to do for NATO Fighters 5...

Have you got any enemy planes in service in the years you are selecting?

The F-14 loadouts are defined in the F-14n_loadout.ini - they can be specified per year if required.

You might need to change the single mission start and end years in options.ini if you are testing using single missions

I unzipped all of the .INI from every plane.. that are stock objects and changed every enddate to 2020

also i changed terrain enddate to 2025

for some reason i think its still taking the data from the install map folders instead of the mod folders..

but every USAF USN and USMC planes are there also the downloaded planes .. in campaign mode only recon and armed recon missions..

and when i am flying one of those missions no enemy planes also no planes on the ground..

but all the AAA's and SAM's are working..

i must did something wrong it can't be something else... because the orginal campaigns are working properly

i can't send you a copy because involving to download number of planes and other stuff

the intention is to use <i dont upload them.. just every body have to download it self..>

downloaded on combatace :

sf2_767_pak

F-14  1.21 full package

Blk2530Viperpack

FA-18AandC Hornet PackageApr_8_2011 F-117A

the big mig 21 package.. 

the green hell 3.5 and the 3.5 tree update.

U2-A 

mig-29K 

Soviet vertical pack 1.0

C-135A/B and KC-135A/E/R for SF2

F-15 Super Pack

F35V23

from Column 5 :

F-4J_RAF2

B-1B

AT6BSF2

the SF2_F-4G_Pack-v2.5

SF2_F-4E-ARN_Pack-v1.5

EF111SF2

B52MPSF2

F22ASF2

111ASF2

111CGSF2

111DSF2

111ESF2

111FSF2

and waiting for the su-27 mod to be downloadeble

but i am starting all over again

new campaign.ini.. new mod folder..

I once made something in 1979, with Russians and Vietnamese in the South against chinese invading from the north, with the Minsk battlegroup included. Will try to see how that can work again

lol i 2 are using the Minsk...

how did u made a new location inside the VietnamSEA map?

i was trying to add Stalin Station in the waters around the vietnam/chinese border..

first i want to let the yak 38 taking off of the Minsk later to be updated by yak 38m and much later to be updated by Su-27 or Mig 29K

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

i test every time a new campaign if i made adjustments..

single player is working fine its the campaign thats giving me the troubles

for some reason i think its still taking the data from the install map folders instead of the mod folders..

this can't be the problem  

this is inside my options.ini inside my modfolder

[MotionExporter]

ExporterDLL=

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 ONS

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Directory=C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 ONS\ScreenShots

Format=JPG

this is in my VietnamSEA.ini

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=8/2/1964

EndDate=4/30/2025

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

i think i did something stupid...

i made my campaign from the stock linebacker II campaign and used it inside strikefighters2 North atlantic...

if i read  the linebacker II original and the original campaign from SF2NA

there are other lines used...

likewise

SF2NA 

[NavalUnit002]

sf2V

[CarrierUnit002]

can this be a part of the problem?

Yes SF2NA changed the game quite a bit regarding campaigns - so will have extra lines of code you can use - some of it you wont need to use - but check another 3rd party SF2NA campaign to be certain.

Obviously if you try it with the SF2V exe and it works then you will know for sure - the stock campaigns have a lot of the new code missing.

Your best bet is just to get one jet to appear first before changing loads of things at the same time - did you have a look at the LBIII campaign because that would be the closest to what you are after?.

Have you also seen the info in here http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

thx Mig buster...

okay so i am right about my own error..

well linebacker II  is as far as i know the last vietnam campaign...

and i thought that's the easy way for my to build-on on the last campaign.

but its not...

so i abandon it and i chanced my concept a bit

starting all fresh again.. this time i use SF2NA campaign as template..

with the SF2NA commands.

also this time i chanced the vietnamSEA_water.bmp..

but i don't understand how it works i made 2 green dots and 1 goldish yellow..

2ymhvrc.jpg

do i have to find those coordinates of those dots to make a station like yankee station?

Edited by Gulfwarfighter