Sign in to follow this  
DEVIL11

Key settings unassigned

Has this happend to anyone. When I went to my options screen for the key settings everything is unassigned. I tried to put the keys back and nothing would happen anything I can do.

This happens to me every once in a while, and I'm not sure why - I think it likes to re-bind if I plug in or remove my XBOX 360 controller while I have my stick/throttle plugged in.  What I started to do was back up my Controls/default.ini file, and any time I either re-install or the game loses the bindings, I just replace the "new" file with my backup, boot the game, and it works again.

Don't think so, what I was saying was that when I re-install the game, the bindings (obviously) go away, so I've backed up my default.ini file for an easy replacement.  When the game un-binds stuff every once in a while for other reasons (such as another controller plugged in), it's an easy fix, too.

I've had that happend a few times, besidies a backup, I set mine to 'Read Only'' so the game won't rewright them.

or an out of date or wrong AircraftObject.ini, placed in the /Objects folder will do that to

Right click on the .ini and set the attributes to read only. I save my settings to a file called Hotas_01.ini and just leave the Default.ini alone. It's set to read only also.