Gepard

First Eagles WW2

and I feel like weeping with joy everytime I see you post these....

Thanks!  I'm about ready to start mapping the A-12 - I love it's Art Deco look.  I've also been working the last refinements to the Gamma 2E.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 3

Thanks.  More shots of China War models.  I'm having a lot of fun dusting off these old models and upgrading them - the Northrop Gamma 2E is nearly finished.

• Like 3

More shots.  First is a Gamma 2E after assembly in China.  Second and third are one of my favs, the bomber version of the Curtiss Condor.

• Like 1

Condor is one of my favs too. i remember using and old FS98 modle of it in Combat Flight Simulator 2 back in the day.

that gunboat wouldn't happen to be the San Pablo, would it??? :biggrin:

both ships are great looking models!

• Like 1

I heard the Junkers J.I was used extensively throughout the 1920's and 30's. :grin:

I heard the Junkers J.I was used extensively throughout the 1920's and 30's. :grin:

LOL!  I ain't saying "no" to a J1, its just there's a lot of other stuff to do first.

• Like 1

When first built in 1933, the Northrop Gamma was a revolution in the sky.  Gammas not only set numerous performance records, but the basic design was developed into several other famous aircraft.  Douglas helped Northrop get through a financial crisis, and in return obtained legal rights to develop the design further.  Douglas eventually developed the basic Gamma airframe into the immortal Dauntless dive bomber, the hero of Midway.

you forgot to mention the BT-1, show in image #3.

Since I grew up (and still live) in the shadow of Santa Monica Airport (and by inference Douglas Aircraft until they closed), their stuff has great meaning to me!

you forgot to mention the BT-1, show in image #3.

Since I grew up (and still live) in the shadow of Santa Monica Airport (and by inference Douglas Aircraft until they closed), their stuff has great meaning to me!

Sorta/kinda the same here - I retired from Northrop.  Cool shot of BT-1 below.

that gunboat wouldn't happen to be the San Pablo, would it??? :biggrin:

both ships are great looking models!

Style points for The Sand Pebbles!  :biggrin:

Finally found the photo I was looking for - the USS Panay.  My riverboat is based broadly on the Panay, but was intended for a ground combat sim with better game engine, so I'll have to revise and simplify the model.

Got the Chinese A-12 Shrike mapped, and the textures started.  Still a LOT to do, but it's starting to look like an airplane.  :biggrin:

• Like 4

that Shrike is REALLY nice!!!

that Shrike is REALLY nice!!!

Thanks.  I'm thinking of painting it to look like this.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 1

Hi Geezer

I do love these planes.  Are you working on a Gauntlet? 

I started work on re-skinning the DAT Gauntlet for 2 SAAF Squadron in East Africa but its wings and horizontal stabilisers are only mapped to the upped surfaces. That means a lot of work trying to make decals of all the lower surfaces and then hours trying to line them up. I don't want to waste the time if a better version is just around the corner.

How's the Gladiator going? Are you still interested in help doing the Sea Gladiators? Even if its just grunt work doing the decals, drop me a line.

Cheers

Hi Geezer

I do love these planes.  Are you working on a Gauntlet? 

I started work on re-skinning the DAT Gauntlet for 2 SAAF Squadron in East Africa but its wings and horizontal stabilisers are only mapped to the upped surfaces. That means a lot of work trying to make decals of all the lower surfaces and then hours trying to line them up. I don't want to waste the time if a better version is just around the corner.

How's the Gladiator going? Are you still interested in help doing the Sea Gladiators? Even if its just grunt work doing the decals, drop me a line.

Cheers

Hi -

Yes, a new Gauntlet - suitable for Africa - is in the works.  I could map the model, and using Hinchinbrooke's old files, get it flying ingame and then send it to you for skinning?  Lemme know if you are interested.

And, yes there is a Sea Gladiator version flying ingame.  I started the skins, but then set it aside hoping I would hear from you.  Check for PM - files for test version attached.

EDIT:  BTW, the Gauntlet's only kill in RAF service was in Italian East Africa - a Caproni Ca133.  :biggrin:

Edited by Geezer

BTW, here' s shot of A-12 Shrikes in Hawaii in 1939.  White scarves and wheel spats!

Had some fun this morning, experimenting with 1930s FE2.  MontyCZ's excellent Ju87A looks great over Gterl's Alps.  Because Italy and Germany were adversaries in WW1, the early Stukas are then jumped by CR42s.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Fan...tastic stuff !!! :good:

Fan...tastic stuff !!! :good:

Thanks.  Anybody can put together a 1930s dogfight situation using FE/FE2.  There are lots of late 1930s aircraft in the SF1 download section - that's where I found the early Stuka.  They usually drop right into FE2 if you alter the Aircraft Start Date in the aircraft data file to 1914.

• Like 1

More examples of 1930s dogfights over the Alps.  Only the Gladiator is unavailable right now - I hope to finish it in the next couple of months.  The other aircraft are MontyCZ's Ju87A and AviaB534, Hinchinbrooke's Gauntlet, and my CR42.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 6

A lot of guys have "liked" this thread and the shots.  As mentioned above, anybody can cobble together this 1930s gameworld.  The map is Gterl's WW1 Italian Front, with a couple of tweaks.  Shot below shows Jan Tuma's trees lightened and dulled a bit, plus the lighting has been adjusted to simulate high noon.  Trees and lighting file attached for anyone who wants the game world shown in the shots.

WW1 Italy Tweaks.rar

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 1

When I get burned out, I work on ground stuff for a change of pace.  WIP shots below are of an Italian artillery battery used in the 1940 desert war.  Both sides would often mount a ladder on a truck bed to give an observer a longer view. 

• Like 2