lauvo

European Air War HD

European Air War HD

install european air war ( full install)

01 install patch eawv1-1 or eawv1-1f (french)

02 install patch eawv1-2 or eawv1-2f (french)

03 in games eaw.exe "propriete" "compatible win 98"

_ start games "verify that the game runs" and quit to have the files across "eaw.ini"

04 copy the files in the folder "European Air War" in your european air war directory

OK, any more details WHAT it is?

I suppose HD and possibly 24bit colour textures and models but as a EAW fan I'd really liek to see more info plus some screenshots

I totally agree,

there's just no way of telling what these files are or will do to your O.S. Lord knows where they came from or what background the guy has in terms of modding EAW.

Install instructions are none present and I for one am not going to try any of this.

VBH

i want to play eaw on my laptop , windows 7 using nividia g-force

is this file useful ? or what can i do to run the game 

I forgot what this file was, I DL it a long time ago. I think its just v1.28 of some sort, and looks to be in french.

I'd ask MrJelly what you need to download rather than use these files.

Or just install stock 1.2 and get EAWPRO by VBH.

This file is a useful 'plug and play' for a novice to begin with the European Air War experience.

it seems to be a complete install of 1.28d, which is a very good version of EAW. I'd recommend downloading Great Shot II from Tally Ho at the EAWforum at SimHQ and combining the two (just be sure to delete the Great Shot 'main2pic' or it'll crash).

I think it would be a very fine thing for those who have older, definitely runnable versions of the game, to contact MarkEAW so that he can download such versions and save them on his Help Site.  This would allow those of us who wish to use the products of Modders who used older versions of their game as the basis for their Mods to install the base version of the game, and thereafter the Mods.

I understand that this will involve some effort on all parts, but I believe it would be a fine thing for the game overall.

There may be some who believe such older versions of the game to be flawed, or redundant, compared to more modern versions, and perhaps they are right.  Or perhaps not.  I suggest it is up to the player/consumer to decide for themselves which version(s) of the game they prefer.  It is in their interest (and everyone's interest) that I make this suggestion. 

Submitted for consideration.

The  question is this a true older EAW???.Seems like some kind of patch that goes in over EAW...With no supporting documentation from the author it would really be crazy to use it ,,maybe for the curiosity value ,,but I won't be a guinea..To me as far retro I'm willing to go is a vanilla 1.2 ..don't want to test something from an unknown modder who offers no support docs for his work..I'll stick by the offical versions and mods from trusted modders..

In the past I downloaded everything here on CombatAce from this author, most of it was just repacked from other files from other web sites offered as something new.

I requested info from the author but never got any from him, so i deleted all his files I downloaded from CombatAce.
So I'm with Russ, no documentation or text files, these files are just taking up space.

All the large files are just WWI stuff applied over an earlier version of the game. I'd say anything after v1.29/1.30 is redundant anyway. EX: 1.40 isn't any better for use than 150.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarkEAW said:

In the past I downloaded everything here on CombatAce from this author, most of it was just repacked from other files from other web sites offered as something new.

I requested info from the author but never got any from him, so i deleted all his files I downloaded from CombatAce.
So I'm with Russ, no documentation or text files, these files are just taking up space.

All the large files are just WWI stuff applied over an earlier version of the game. I'd say anything after v1.29/1.30 is redundant anyway. EX: 1.40 isn't any better for use than 150.

I understand your point of view, and respect it, but isn't it up to the user to make the ultimate decision?  We are all talking here about lauvo's product, but nobody has actually gotten a base version of the game, and installed his Mods.  Nobody has run it as a finished install and made informed comments.

I agree that absence of documentation is cause for caution, but if the base version of the game is available, then installing the mods might not be impossibly difficult, and we could then evaluate the product itself, which is only fair, I think.  Anything less is giving him, and his product short shrift, and unfair.  I have zero connection with this person, and am only speaking from a detached viewpoint.

If someone provides me with a link to a GTG version of base game that Lauvo requires, I'll try it out, and report back.  I'm far from an expert in these things, but I can certainly give some sort of coherent report on the results.

Submitted for consideration.

According to the odd instructions for this download, it looks like you just need stock v1.2 and dump the mod into it. ???

I chanced installing this recently, as per the vague instructions, and it worked, giving a EAW 1.28d game. I just think, if someone who has no knowledge of EAW and tries this, they could be pleasantly surprised. They might like the game and might seek further information, hopefully arriving at Mark's cornucopia of EAW facts and data. My AVG anti-virus had no problem with the download and it's ultra-sensitive these days.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:17 AM, Sky High said:

O chanced installing this recently, as per the vague instructions, and it worked, giving a EAW 1.28d game. I just think, if someone who has no knowledge of EAW and tries this, they could be pleasantly surprised. They might like the game and might seek further information, hopefully arriving at Mark's cornucopia of EAW facts and data. My AVG anti-virus had no problem with the download and it's ultra-sensitive these days.

Your comment on the D/L being virus-free is most re-assuring.  Qbviously a "NO-CD' version of the game, and as you say, a good introductory version.  Did lauvo modify the "snapviews' to conform to most modern joysticks, or must one refer to instructions for such modifications on MarkEAW's Help Site?

I have always found it an annoyance to fix this issue with almost every single version of the game, and so have created a set of commands in text, in  a set-aside folder, that I can use to copy/past in lieu of original snapview assignments.  I generally use "3' as "snapview speed" as anything faster would be almost impossibly quick, neck-breaking speed.  YMMV.

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this offering!

Edited by RIBob

As far as I can remember, the snap-views worked fine. I didn't retain the game on my hard-drive for very long as I have my own custom-built 1.28E version, not to mention my 1.60 and FXEXE installs. I have come to use trackir with eaw, but the snaps are very useful when one is padlocked to a target, as my padlock view is set to pause trackir. 

Would it be possible for you to describe how you made the successful install?  Did the Mod require a particular version of the game as a basis for the install?  If so, exactly which version?  How, exactly, was the install accomplished?.

Your specific comments might aid others in investigating this Mod.  So far it has languished, apparently due to scant documentation by the Modder.  May I ask you (having undertaken a successful install) to describe your install procedure so that others may follow you?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Sky High said:

This file is a useful 'plug and play' for a novice to begin with the European Air War experience.

it seems to be a complete install of 1.28d, which is a very good version of EAW. I'd recommend downloading Great Shot II from Tally Ho at the EAWforum at SimHQ and combining the two (just be sure to delete the Great Shot 'main2pic' or it'll crash).

I've rummaged around at "Tally Ho", and could not find "Quick Shot II".  Can you help me in finding it, and please describe what it adds to lauvo's

version of the game?

ETA: found it here: http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/EAWNewFront3.html 

Should I use the patch over the installed version of Lauvo's mod, OR install lauvo's mod into full version of "Quick Shot II?  I would appreciate any advice, and please give some further explanation concerning the deletion quoted above.  Please assume I'm quite ignorant when explaining things such as this.

Edited by RIBob

Thanks, Russ!  That's very helpful.  I also was intrigued by the "Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe game.

Yep love that one'''It's also in a modded version of 1.29..Think i got it from Jellys site

10 minutes ago, rwatson said:

Yep love that one'''It's also in a modded version of 1.29..Think i got it from Jellys site

That version might well be more modern, and possibly have fewer bugs.  How is it listed on Jel's site?  Link to Jel's site, please?

hopefully Jelly will stop in..He usually has the link in his signature,,but it's not there now

4 hours ago, RIBob said:

I've rummaged around at "Tally Ho", and could not find "Quick Shot II".  Can you help me in finding it, and please describe what it adds to lauvo's

version of the game?

ETA: found it here: http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/EAWNewFront3.html 

Should I use the patch over the installed version of Lauvo's mod, OR install lauvo's mod into full version of "Quick Shot II?  I would appreciate any advice, and please give some further explanation concerning the deletion quoted above.  Please assume I'm quite ignorant when explaining things such as this.

I actually never had that patch. However, I installed EAW 1.2, added the 'Great Shot' add-on in its entirety over it; removed the file 'main2pic;' and added a complete 1.28e install, which I had downloaded from SimHQ, directly upon the 1.2/Great Shot install. It worked fine. It seems others have directed you to the Great Shot files. It's a nice compilation of older, but quality, mods with nice skins and sounds. I'd recommend looking at the extras, also.

RIBob, could you explain how you came upon that EAWNewFront site at Tallyho? I just can't find it. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Sky High said:

RIBob, could you explain how you came upon that EAWNewFront site at Tallyho? I just can't find it. Thank you.

IIRC, I googled "tally ho + good shot II", and it came up after a little scrolling through the results.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• By MarkEAW
      Just a note,
      Normally running EAW natively on WinNT machines, EAW won't run or correctly if the filename is not eaw.exe. (Campaigns/Careers will not save correctly)

However after some test when running EAW within a Wrapper Program you can have as many game.exe's in the games folder you want, they just need to be named differently, such as eaw12.exe, eaw12a.exe, eaw12x.exe, eaw126e.exe etc.
      (You should at least have one exe, preferably the standard 1.2 as eaw.exe in your games folder so the noCD function works with it).
      You just have to have a shortcut within the wrapper program pointing to each exe.
      (I've added this and more info to my web site now and continue to explore more ideas)
    • By MarkEAW
      Now that EAW is running well in the DxWnd wrapper, its has been quit here. :)
      Anyhow, anyone still having issues when EAW is run in the DxWnd wrapper (and that had DL my custom profile settings for that wrapper)?
    • By MarkEAW
      New Help Document of sorts. (I'm still working on it)
      This doc tells you the three methods I know to have multiple installs of EAW.
      Most of us just to full installs and copy the game folder to make new installs. The other methods are not much use anymore, other than for testing stuff out.
      https://eaw.neocities.org/many-copies.html
    • By MarkEAW
      Anything going on with EAW?
      I get plenty of visits still to my site. I wonder if the few pilots are getting enough help?
    • By MarkEAW
      If you have the GOG release, the Campaign Films (The cut scenes) will tend to crash the game during Career Modes when they go to play the .smk movies. This is true for the standard MPS EAW Game as well, just more common.
      You can download a 'empty' MOVIES.CDF file and drop it into your EAWv1.2GOG version game folder and it will allow the game to get past the cut scene, by skipping it.
      Get the Empty Movies.CDF here at CombatACE in the EAW Downloads if you need it. (Its 7-zip so make sure you have that program to un zip it.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..