Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

SF2V installs: what do you add?

I'll be honest, I never really played WOV and SF2V that much. I'd like to finally change that. On top of eburger68's excellent SF2V Expansion, what else do you guys add to your SF2V install? I'm talking skins, aircraft, vehicles, everything. No what-if though.

Thanks.

Edited by Viggen

starys effects,sarcasm,hi res replacements...and anything Vietnam related as far as im concerned...usualy same goes for the other versions  SF2 Europe\Israel etc etc

Green Hell 3.5 

Any aircraft not in the default game that were in SEA including weapons ECM, loadouts etc 

eBurger did a pretty big mod for Nam

Kjakker:

One small correction: as long as you install this...

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Sep. 2014 Update

... you don't need this...

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Terrain Update

Also, the VPAF Add-on needs to be installed BEFORE the Sept. 2014 update. And the Sept. 2014 Update includes the files from this...

Green Hell 3.5 Enhancement Package

...as an optional set of files.

Eric Howes

• Like 1

Kjakker:

One small correction: as long as you install this...

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Sep. 2014 Update

... you don't need this...

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Terrain Update

Also, the VPAF Add-on needs to be installed BEFORE the Sept. 2014 update. And the Sept. 2014 Update includes the files from this...

Green Hell 3.5 Enhancement Package

...as an optional set of files.

Eric Howes

Thanks for the clarification, it has been awhile since I set up my SF2: Vietnam install so I did not have the install details fresh in my mind when I put together the collection of links.

I have to say, I'm thrilled to find such a depth and care for SF2Vietnam, but man... following the recommendation with big packages above, the installation is not for the common user.

It's extremely thorough and a bit complicated, requiring carefull read on what to do, and quite some time to go back and forth to fiddle with files (more so for the optionals on each).   :read: ...  :shok:

It's the first time I'm doing a separate SF2V installation (leaving my other modded SF2 merged install safe aside) and looking forward for a standalone, ultimate experience of SF2 Vietnam (to which, ashamedly, I never went in depth). And, honestly, I just wish all these tallented fellas joined forces (are they different groups?) and just do a simple, easy, single FULL installer.

I'm going through this lenghty installation procedure right now and I'm completely insecure about the result - afraid that I may have borked things and have to restart all over again.

Hopefully it'll be worthy of all the trouble (and then some).  :smile:

Edited by LucShep

(...)

I'm going through this lenghty installation procedure right now and I'm completely insecure about the result - afraid that I may have borked things and have to restart all over again.

Hopefully it'll be worthy of all the trouble (and then some).  :smile:

Yep... I managed to bork it.... some planes are fully black, and there's pilots legs inside some of the cockpits (what the...??).  :dntknw:

I'll go through this even slower some other day (not again today, for sure).

I do feel interested in having the ultimate SF-V, and I know modders in SF2 can deliver.  :smile: