Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Return the civilian mod to life?

I still need the "working" wildfires!! Mine don't do anything!! And firetrucks! (other than the VW ones)

ok I'm just throwing this out there,I have no idea how to do it or if it would work but what if you made two objects. One a large "fire" and the other firefighters hunkered down.give the fire fighters zero for movement and have the fire move slow and be armed with an invisible rocket with almost no range.the fire would creep towards the firefighters,or buildings or what ever ,and when in range would fire it's weapons that just happen to have crater effects that mimic the fire spreading? that would allow "close support" missions to save the fire fighters from a fast moving blaze.....morbid but I wonder if it's doable. I guess if a suitable transport fire could be made it might be useful in armed recon missions too......

Edited by whiteknight06604

something that we're trying to figure out..

=========

finally got the Tigercat (mostly) skinned ... the mapping on this is the most insane I've ever dealt with. Things aren't where you'd think they are (as in the odd notch near the tail -- still haven't figured out which section that goes on, or one of the main gear struts -- took 3 hours to figure out where it was hiding, cause it didn't LOOK like a gear strut)

Scheme is a combination of like 3 different users; although I do like this base skin

edit: added shot of belly water tank

• Like 5

What about some modern (what-if) FireFighters? This could be a job for old A-10's...Good payload and built to fly low. Just needs some proper water tank.

post-89464-0-95422600-1442675949_thumb.jpg

post-89464-0-53155800-1442675951_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I LIKE it!! Nicely skinned. You're using the stock 3w Hog?

I take you've already faked in the "retardant bay" in the data ini?

If you want, send it my way and I'll add it to the collection. I take you've seen the International Rescue Scooter in the 'What If.. screenshots thread?

I put the IFR probe back simply because "they deploy worldwide", and it can be used for single-point refueling. The tanks are "fixed in place" and hold 300 gallons of retardant (one shot each) Works nice!

What I'm having problems with are finding European and (former) Eastern Block aircraft. Other than the Beagle FF ... waiting for Veltro's new IL-76 to be finished, and so forth. France uses a number of former S-2 Trackers, which are not available.

This is simple mod of Spectre8750's A-10A/C. I removed the CM Dispensers, PavePenny Pod and the Gun....although I think the Gun should be covered rather than deleted. The tank is a C-130E tank I found in a weaponspack.

I can sent you the files tomorrow.

The Scooter looks interesting! Maybe a twoseater could be used a air controller too, just like OV-10s.

Eastern block planes seem to be difficult to find....Only An-2, An-12's and a modded Il-10 come to my mind. Maybe Tu-16, but that one I don't really see in that role. On the other hand DC-10 and 747 are used as waterbombers too, so why not. :)

Maybe Tu-16, but that one I don't really see in that role

well, with a modified paint job.... :biggrin:

still WIP, as I have to build the template

• Like 3

How about a Bucaneer? Long range and endurance, good at low level work, and it's already got a bulged weapons bay to hold plenty of retardant!

How about a Bucaneer? Long range and endurance, good at low level work, and it's already got a bulged weapons bay to hold plenty of retardant!

And a very handsome airplane.

CL

well, with a modified paint job.... :biggrin:

still WIP, as I have to build the template

And paint the nose over ?

CL

What about some modern (what-if) FireFighters? This could be a job for old A-10's...Good payload and built to fly low. Just needs some proper water tank.

Oh no not the Fire Hog again.

How about ANG units with Willy Pete ordinance and some incendiary rounds in the gun to help out the firing show.

CL

the major question is:

are there templates for Bucc?? Cause it's obviously gonna need a new paint job!!

allen: you did the CDF OV10 didn't you?? Can you shoot that to me?

Oh no not the Fire Hog again.

How about ANG units with Willy Pete ordinance and some incendiary rounds in the gun to help out the firing show.

CL

I think it's an obvious choice....

I swear, one day I'll get this community :P

@Wrench: I' curious about the Tu-16! :)

Edited by Nyghtfall

The A-10 would be great if you could replace the GAU-8 with a mega water pistol!

Wrench I'm at work right now and on my phone but will get te Bronco skin over to you tonight.

Russo or ravenclaw_007 are probably the best bets for Buccs templates if not included in the downloads.

repainted Badger.

it almost has that USAF "Arctic Scheme" look!!! Figuring out marking is next ...

• Like 1

Nyghtfall sent me his Firehog...and it really looks GREAT!!

I repositioned the tank higher to make it look more like part of the airframe. Might still move it up a tad

• Like 4

I read somewhere a few years ago when there was talk of scrappen this fantastic CAS bird and the fire bomber folks were interested in it as a possible player.

A A-10 in firefighter role is just amazing! Well done guys!

I go the OV-10D from Allenjb, and while the skin is great (even with painted on numbers - a fairly easy fix), the model itself is ... how to put this kindly --- has problems. The entire fuselage, including the sponsons is one continuous mesh .. and bits can't be removed. Ain't that something?

working on the OV-10A, trying to figure out mapping and having a difficult time (at best!).  There are some oddities that I just can't figure out, with reference to the fuselage pod CDF striping (to say nothing of the mesh mis-matching issues on the right vert tail)

I removed the 2 mass balance horns, as the lower unit casts a large shadow rope. The shadow rope generated from the nose gear disappears when the gear is retracted, so it's not a important (but still rather large!)

so, I'm asking of someone can step up and give me a hand with the painting. I have created new templates for all 4 maps, and have started working on the decals (which is the best way to go, given the mesh issues)

so, anyone?

• Like 1

I go the OV-10D from Allenjb, and while the skin is great (even with painted on numbers - a fairly easy fix), the model itself is ... how to put this kindly --- has problems. The entire fuselage, including the sponsons is one continuous mesh .. and bits can't be removed. Ain't that something?

working on the OV-10A, trying to figure out mapping and having a difficult time (at best!).  There are some oddities that I just can't figure out, with reference to the fuselage pod CDF striping (to say nothing of the mesh mis-matching issues on the right vert tail)

I removed the 2 mass balance horns, as the lower unit casts a large shadow rope. The shadow rope generated from the nose gear disappears when the gear is retracted, so it's not a important (but still rather large!)

so, I'm asking of someone can step up and give me a hand with the painting. I have created new templates for all 4 maps, and have started working on the decals (which is the best way to go, given the mesh issues)

so, anyone?

I can help you out here, if you like.

CL: not exactly; I have the AT-6G Texan as a spotter. Just need to find working smoke marker rockets for it and the Bronco (as for some reason, none of the ones I have are working!) (also, not like FAC is working ....)

That's a sharp looking paint job for BLM!

Nyghtfall, I'll zip everything up and shoot it to you later today!  Many Thanks!!

CL: not exactly; I have the AT-6G Texan as a spotter. Just need to find working smoke marker rockets for it and the Bronco (as for some reason, none of the ones I have are working!) (also, not like FAC is working ....)

That's a sharp looking paint job for BLM!

Nyghtfall, I'll zip everything up and shoot it to you later today!  Many Thanks!!

PM sent to you.

post-11823-0-30369900-1442955287.gif

V/R, CL

OK here is my new snivel since we don't have a TBF/M

The HVFS colors:

post-11823-0-67472500-1442977118.jpg

post-11823-0-27259800-1442977155_thumb.jpg

On an AD-5  (A-1E)

post-11823-0-74116300-1442977364.jpg

With the green house painted HVFS Orange of course. With Wrenchs tank from the F7F it would visually make since.

I believe they where initial attack qualified but an F6F lead plane would make their group organic and unified.

Hmmm, Another Blue A-1E / AD-5 skin to snivel for.

And of course I have no clue to do with it currently.

CL 

Edited by charlielima

wouldn't be difficult to generate/create templates for Raz's A-1E. Just it's availability is the major question.

OTH, I could do it using the AD-4W Guppy, if you don't mind single seat. Simple matter to remove the radome and extra fins (which might be left on for stability)

OTH, yet again. I DO have MontyCZ's source files (MAX files) for his A-1H. Then, all is needed is some MAX Guru to rebuild it (and Monty's OK of course) into the -5.

Which I've wanted someone to do for a LOOOOOOONG time (but we'd new a new, 2 seat pit for it......)

I still need the "working" wildfires!! Mine don't do anything!! And firetrucks! (other than the VW ones)

Someting like this?

post-3395-0-47004700-1443020768_thumb.jpg

• Like 3