1977Frenchie

I fell in love with this game... again

Hi all,

A few weeks ago i made a post concerning changing my computer and got a few advice. I previously had an Acer i5-5200U/8GB RAM/ GFX 840M (my wife will get it as is old laptop is about to die) and even if it was not a beast it was way better then what i had before. BUT i could run SF2 in unlimited détails but that was not fun to play over North Vietnam with all the add-ons installed and forget time compression :) I could only play with some détails at high and other at off (mirrors/reflections). I made a test last night before installing my new computer and with the F-14D on the US southwest map (full détails) i reached an average FPS of 17 with a max of 37FPS.

So after checking what i wanted and checking different advices, i put my hand in the wallet and ordered a DELL X51R3 (i7-6700/16GB RAM/GFX 960/256GB SSD + 24'' monitor) and installed this beauty last night and... just awesome. I re-installed everything on the SSD, put everything at unlimited and re-run the F-14D on the US southwest map. average FPS was 58, with a max of 198FPS! Graphics are amazing and no hesitation on the frame rate, even at a time compression of 32x :) I tried back over North Vietnam and results were pretty similar (average of 48FPS, max of 132FPS and smooth run at 32x time compression).

So, more then happy with my new rig. The machine is amazingly quiet (highest speed reached by the cooling fan is 17%. This one is fast also (loading game time is 2 sec. time to be in mission is 8-10 sec.). Graphics are amazing... In one word : Awesomeness! Sure the SSD help here.

So that was my life last night :)

• Like 7

me too I found that Green Hell terrain for wov,it looks great,you guys did a nice job,,

yubba, you should try the later GHs, they make the original GH look like stock. Oh, wait, they're for SF2 --- never mind

just checked a few days ago, and i bought Sf-2 Vietnam...in 2009!

I can't believe I still have fun to play the same game after 7 years.

Credits go to TK and all the fantastic modders here at CA for that. enjoy your new rig :)

I don't mind sfp-1 up till acouple of weeks ago I was running a pretty old dell,, just acquired a new dell,, dual core job with 3gig of ram a medi-oaker 512 video card, on a trade for one of my older boxes that an older port for a printer that another computer nut wanted,,steel fury runs nicely on it,,silent hunter 4 runs alot smoother tripled my frame rate,, and green hell looks pretty good,, looks like a different game as wov-1 goes,, with all the tweaks I did with F-4s radar I have no complaints ,, If I can find a couple sticks of 1 gig ram for this box I'll be able to fly DCS.. 

Edited by yubba

Well for me im glad I dropped my J-FA18/F40 or nothing mindset...and no SF2 is not a game...fallout is a game...and for pilots who don't have a weapons grade machine and an entire weekend to spare on pre-flight cockpit prep, 2 fits the bill---not too easy, not to diff, just right...my rig is recent entry level everything and looks great---and im gratefull as heck...

• Like 2

Well for me im glad I dropped my J-FA18/F40 or nothing mindset...

see, I have been saying for ages now that the biggest threat to flight simulators genre is the "DCS or get the fu_k out" crowd

.and for pilots who don't have a weapons grade machine and an entire weekend to spare on pre-flight cockpit prep, 2 fits the bill---not too easy, not to diff, just right...

My thoughts exactly. This is why I don't see myself giving up this game any time soon.

Also, Strike Fighters is my substitute for plastic models. With a click of my mouse I have a huge collection of toys to play with, and they take up no space in my house. 

• Like 10

Hello,

Moreover SF2 (I don't forget FE2) community and CA members are very nice!!!   :bye:

This is a real pleasure to share by means of this game... :drinks:

Best regards,

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

I.AM.NOT.NICE

I.AM.NOT.NICE

Si si... you're nice! :grin:

• Like 1

Also, Strike Fighters is my substitute for plastic models.

Without the glue huff buzz...priceless, or not  = )

• Like 2

If only we can get it working with VR hitch free. Oh.. wait. Too many command for operating the radar and weapon systems. Scratch that.