Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

Bucket List

Yesterday was my birthday - I hit the big 70.  While celebrating with a bottle of wine, I realized I had better get to work on my bucket list.  It's time to move upscale and make/texture some very high end models in an advanced game system.  Samples below.

I'm not saying "goodbye."   I'll eventually respond to messages, but won't work on any new Third Wire aircraft.

post-39531-0-14814000-1457907076.jpg

• Like 3

Happy Birthday and congratulations!  Let me go on the record as stating I've always appreciated the models and simulation enhancements you've put together for the benefit of FE2 - thank you! 

Indeed, congrats!!

It's sad to see you leave the modding community; EVERYONE appriciates your work. I hope you stick around for LONG while!!

Geezer, congratulations and best wishes on your 70th birthday!  Even with the screen name of Geezer, I was really surprised at the extent of your maturity.  Maybe not forever young, but surprisingly young in interests and attitudes.  That would certainly seem like a check mark in the win column!

Even though I am a little less then a decade younger, in my experience so far in life; if given the opportunity to do something which gives you pleasure take it!  Thanks so much for all that you have shared with this small community, and best of luck in your new pursuits.

Guys -

Thanks for the kind words.  I am not completely walking away from TW modding.  There are a couple of aircraft inwork that I want to get to LloydNB, Baffmeister, and Whiteknight06604 - eventually.

What has changed is emphasis.  I have always wanted to make some high-end models, and get them running in a graphically advanced gameworld.  So, I am starting to learn the Arma3 ropes for a series of WW2 softskins used in Tunisia and Italy.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 3

If I might make a request (and/or) suggestion ...

I know you have a boatload of various models; ships, aircraft, vehicles, figures, buildings and what not. If these items are not going to be entering the 3W game world, would it be too much to ask that the MAX files be uploaded to the Modders Depository for others to use, finish, play with?

In this respect, other 3d folks can have access to them, and perhaps continue the work. Especially for some of those very cool 1930s items

If so, you can upload them yourself, or I'll be happy to do so.

• Like 1

If I might make a request (and/or) suggestion ...

I know you have a boatload of various models; ships, aircraft, vehicles, figures, buildings and what not. If these items are not going to be entering the 3W game world, would it be too much to ask that the MAX files be uploaded to the Modders Depository for others to use, finish, play with?

In this respect, other 3d folks can have access to them, and perhaps continue the work. Especially for some of those very cool 1930s items

If so, you can upload them yourself, or I'll be happy to do so.

OK, I'll start converting them to 3ds files.  When I get a big batch done, I'll contact you and let you post them.  BTW, they are all 1930s items!  :biggrin:

post-39531-0-16986200-1457991930_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulations on your birthday, Geezer! The models you have made for First Eagles have been great. I'll miss not having the Spanish Civil War. Best of luck in your new endeavor.

Edited by Stephen1918

thank you, kind sir!!

Congratulations on your birthday, Geezer! The models you have made for First Eagles have been great. I'll miss not having the Spanish Civil War. Best of luck in your new endeavor.

Thanks.  I'm not completely going away - just mostly.  If Gterl were to resume work on his SCW map, I would reconsider my priorities as that is also something I have always wanted to do. 

OK, I'll start converting them to 3ds files.  When I get a big batch done, I'll contact you and let you post them.  BTW, they are all 1930s items!  :biggrin:

Could you throw in that Junkers J.I?

• Like 1

I'll eventually respond to messages, but won't work on any new Third Wire aircraft.

It's a great pity. These unexpected news plunge me into sorrow. The tears of my eyes...  :cry: 

Do whatever makes you happy, my friend. You did some outstanding work and made this great game even better. Thank you for all the hard work and good luck!

• Like 4