Iraq, Western Asia (1980-2003)

Iraq, Western Asia (1980-2003) Terrain
February 13th, 2017 (1st Release)
by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2, Recommended Full-5 Merged
This is a complete remake of the DS/IR terrain released long time ago by Wrench.
The entire map has been retargetized and retiled using a whole new tileset, combining tiles from JSF_Aggie, Stary, Centurion-1 and my bad transition tiles. All major water bodies, lakes and some minor rivers have been hand-tiled. The Caspian Sea coast had to be hand-tiled as well. Numerous target areas have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year span.

This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.

This terrain has a year span from September 22, 1980 (the beginning of the Iran/Iraq War) to May 1, 2003 (the end of major combat operations of Operation Iraqi Freedom); it is designed for the Iran/Iraq War, Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Desert Fox and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Iraq is Enemy, Iran is Friendly, other countries are Friendly as well. Due to limitations in the terrain engine, and not wanting to make three different terrains, I opted to set Iran as Friendly together with other countries such as Saudi Arabia. While you might see US planes spawn in Iran during Single Missions even if the 1979 Iranian Revolution already happened, it's up to the users to play with missions in the editor to fix any historical oddities.
Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible; for instance, after the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq, Kuwaiti airfields are set as Neutral, enemy targets appear inside Kuwait, etc. Some airfields won't be available after a certain date and/or will change name according to historic changes. Various Operation Desert Storm expeditionary bases and FOBs have been added, and will appear only during Operation Desert Storm dates.
All main targets are in their Real World locations (I tried to be as accurate as possible, to such a level that even surpasses ThirdWire's stock terrains). Shiraz Int'l Airport and Prince Sultan Airbase are beyond the Wall. However, if you have SF2NA, long range AI flights can be generated from such airbases.

Ground Objects are not included. You can obtain most of them from Wrench's original Iran-Iraq terrains, or from other mod packages.

>Credits (in no particular order):
-Wrench, who reworked the original terrain and provided the CombatACE community with plenty of mods and scenarios to play with. He gave me invaluable advise, the tools I needed and introduced me to the beautiful, exhausting world of terrain modding/making. Thank you, sir!
-swambast, who offered to build two high quality 3D models (Mosul Dam and Mosul Grand Mosque), featured for the first time in this terrain, it's an honor! He also provided major help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs. If the terrain is stable (no CTDs), it's his merit!
-tiopilotos, for providing reworked .tga tiles with new alpha channels. Much appreciated!
-Spudknocker, who helped me complete the 1980-2003 beta version of the terrain, providing additional target areas.
-gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
-MigBuster, I have included some of his great hi-res textures for runways.
-mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
-Crusader, who provided me with the info I needed about ODS and other stuff related to targets.
-JSF_Aggie, for his high quality DS tileset, which I have expanded with my horrible transition tiles.
-7eleven, who directed me to a website filled with Desert Storm related info.
-Centurion-1, since I used some tiles from his Desert 4 Mountain Regions+ Addon. I tried to contact you for permission, but it seems RL got in your way. Your WIP mod about the Iran/Iraq war gave me the motivation to complete this terrain. The least I can say is thank you. Best of luck, mate!
-Stary, because his tilesets are pure art. I borrowed a few TODs and tiles from his excellent IsraelME tileset. I also included a beautiful water bump map he made, that is used in my reworked water shaders.
-Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
-RussoUK, for the fixed Pit LOD he made, which solved a shadow bug from the original TW's LOD.
-Stratos, who supported me support during the terrain's development.
-krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
-comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.

I am totally sure I missed someone, especially because the terrain was born from Wrench's original ones. So I also included Wrench's original readme files from his IR and IR2003 terrains to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

Time to fly over the fiery desert! I hope you enjoy flying over the terrain as much as I enjoyed making it!

>License:
This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages. 
Any small changes to the terrain files, .ini files, etc. are NOT authorized if you plan to release them to the public. But permission will be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.

>My Other Releases:

Sweden, Baltic Rim (2004-2018)

Sweden, Baltic Rim (1952-1994)

Libya, Central Mediterranean (1980-2011)

Madagascar, Southeast Africa (1977-2018)

Iraq, Western Asia (2003-2018)

Alaska, Bering Strait (1955-2018)

• Like 4

GREAT !!!

I would like to report that problem with 'untextured'  black buildings I had in terrain from Spudknocker's campaign is no longer present.

All bulidings are textured correctly..

I didn't notice trees...but hope its ok.

And this terrain is cool, 

Thanks.

GREAT !!!

I would like to report that problem with 'untextured'  black buildings I had in terrain from Spudknocker's campaign is no longer present.

All bulidings are textured correctly..

I didn't notice trees...but hope its ok.

And this terrain is cool, 

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that the bug you experienced with the early version of the terrain is no longer present. Trees have been removed from certain tiles, since there are rough mountains, and they would look bad. I hope that in the future some artists manage to make a whole new tileset for it, with better TODs.

BTW, with little modding knowledge this terrain can be made to work with Spudknocker's campaigns, since this one is also a better-looking version with the plus that Iran's got new SAM sites which were totally missing from the early version.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Terrain package has been updated. Minor tweaks here and there, it might be worth re-downloading.

• Like 3

Terrain package updated to Version 1.2. Major changes and bug-fixing, it's well worth re-downloading this time.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fuzzyinthe348 said:

Hey  brothas,

My runways are not showing up. Any word on how to fix this? Much appreciate!

This should happen since you don't have the Desert terrain from SF2, so you might have another SF2 title, like SF2E, or SF2V or SF2I. My terrain uses the stock Desert terrain files as a base. But don't worry, there is an easy fix. Inside the terrain folder, find the IraqWA.ini file, and open it with Notepad. You'll find that the referenced CatFile is the Desert.CAT. Since you don't have SF2, but some other stock terrain, enable a different CAT instead. If you have SF2E, you have the GermanyCE terrain, etc.

So, double slash the Desert.CAT line and enable one of the different CAT files from the list below, according to which SF2 game you have:

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.CAT
//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT
//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT
//CatFile=..\IsraelME\IsraelME.CAT

I hope I have been clear enough. Just follow these simple instructions and let me know if it works.

Edited by Menrva

7 hours ago, Fuzzyinthe348 said:

Thank you my friend, this worked! I have SF2:I so it makes sense.

Glad it works! Enjoy the terrain, it took me years to develop it!

Terrain package has been updated to Version 1.3; small fixes and the addition of high quality planning maps! 

Edited by Menrva

Terrain package has been updated to Version 1.4; among minor additions, the terrain's folder has been cleaned up of many unnecessary files. Users are advised to remove the previous version completely.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2017 at 2:49 AM, Menrva said:

The terrain won't work with the current Operation Desert Storm campaign available at CombatACE, so I leave the job of updating that campaign to other modders.

Sorry for the obviously dumb question - but what are the chances we could see a campaign built specifically for this map? I'd love to give the map a whirl..but have no idea how to make a campaign for it. Or can I just install it and make Quick Missions on it?

28 minutes ago, beachav8r said:

Or can I just install it and make Quick Missions on it?

You can play with it already, feel free to create quick missions! As for an updated Desert Storm campaign, a team is being formed, and it will use this terrain. Just check the following thread: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91614-upgrade-for-odscalling-modders-new-and-old/

You have no idea how wrong the original Desert Storm map was. This one is very accurate in terms of target locations. Also, it comes with most if not all Iraqi airbases, and there are Iranian bases as well, for the 1980-88 Iran/Iraq War.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Great job again.

Did you add more air defence  sites ? It is like i have threat everywhere today...

although ...i had to spend few minutes for editing types and targets ini....for my own Iran - Iraq purposes.

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

Great job again.

Did you add more air defence  sites ? It is like i have threat everywhere today...

although ...i had to spend few minutes for editing types and targets ini....for my own Iran - Iraq purposes.

Well, I added them since the definitive version 1.0. Latest update simply fixed some minor things, and I added more border posts. The beta Iran-Iraq terrain missed lots of Blue Side SAMs, so this one is more complete.

Hi Menvra

I'm trying to add the Oilrig that we can find in this superb terrain in my Europe Terrain . However, and I don't know why, the 3d model does not show up in game..... it does in the target area editor....... I have never seen something like this. Any idea?

3 hours ago, FRPignon said:

Hi Menvra

I'm trying to add the Oilrig that we can find in this superb terrain in my Europe Terrain . However, and I don't know why, the 3d model does not show up in game..... it does in the target area editor....... I have never seen something like this. Any idea?

Hi! The Oil Rig shows up fine on my terrain.

img00001.thumb.JPG.27c595654e022a5f9fee4d149cb03766.JPG

Make sure you have added the needed entries in the _types.ini, and copy all the Oil Rig related files (check Gepard's package here:  https://combatace.com/files/file/12331-small-oil-rig/).

Edited by Menrva

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

Hi! The Oil Rig shows up fine on my terrain.

img00001.thumb.JPG.27c595654e022a5f9fee4d149cb03766.JPG

Make sure you have added the needed entries in the _types.ini, and copy all the Oil Rig related files (check Gepard's package here:  https://combatace.com/files/file/12331-small-oil-rig/).

Nothing. Everything is at the correct plane, with correct names and the entries are in the _types .ini....... and nothing, it does not show up.

2 hours ago, FRPignon said:

Nothing. Everything is at the correct plane, with correct names and the entries are in the _types .ini....... and nothing, it does not show up.

FRPignon, send me a PM with more details. I can double check your files. Let's leave this thread of my terrain package.

48 minutes ago, Menrva said:

FRPignon, send me a PM with more details. I can double check your files. Let's leave this thread of my terrain package.

Ok I'l do that, because I'm really confused, I don't know what it going on..

Terrain package updated to Version 1.5; nothing big, just minor changes. Check the Changelog for full details.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By viper63a

View File SF2 ODS Aircraft and Screen Upgrade Pack 2018
      This pack updates, upgrades and\or fixes(?) some the Forces configuration in the original release of Operation Dessert Storm (ODS) by eburger68. If you don't already have eburger68's excellent Operation Desert Storm Pack - I highly recommend it!   ------------------------------------------------------------- What's included in this mod pack?
      ------------------------------------------------------------- I upgraded some of the planes from the ODS pack with some of the planes from the following packs. Also fixed some issues with the F-15C squadron configuration in the Campaign INI files.  Added my 1920x1080 Menu and Campaign screens...   * F-15C\D from "SF2 F-15 Eagle Super Pack Redux 2018 Version 1.1 - The Mudhen Team" https://combatace.com/files/file/16186-sf2-f-15-eagle-super-pack-redux-2018/   * F-15E from "SF2 F-15 Strike Eagle Super Pack Redux 2018 Version 1.1 - The Mudhen Team"
      https://combatace.com/files/file/16161-sf2-f-15-strike-eagle-super-pack-redux-2018/   * E\F-111A\E\F from "SF2 E\F-111\A\D\E\F USAF Combat Lancers\Aardvarks\Ravens Redux 2016 - Viper63a, dtmdragon, Lel, Fanatic Modder!"
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15561-sf2-ef-111adef-usaf-combat-lancersaardvarksravens-redux-2016/   * F-117A from "Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk for SF2 1.0 - By Dels"
      http://combatace.com/files/file/14233-lockheed-f-117a-nighthawk-for-sf2/   * C-130E\H from "C-130E/H USAF pack (originally by Dels) by Daddyairplanes" * RavenClaw_007 - Freaking insane Weapons and Ejection Seats!
      * JAT81500 - Excellent Florian Pilot upgrades!
      * Hi Ho Silvers - AfterBurner Mod.   * Also included is my ODS 1920x1080 Menus...from here... StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens Version 1.1 https://combatace.com/files/file/16487-strikefighters2-desert-storm-hi-res-1920x1080-menu-screens/   -------------------------------------------------------------
      Installation:
      ------------------------------------------------------------- !! First and always - BACKUP! Don't chance it!   * 1) You MUST delete the these Aircraft folders or the install or some of the planes WILL NOT WORK. BACKUP and delete the following Aircraft folders...   AC-130U
      C-130E
      C-130H
      EC-130H
      EF-111A
      F-15C
      F-15C_RSAF
      F-15D
      F-15E
      F-16C_B40_RBAF
      F-111E
      F-111F
      F-117A   * 2) Copy the contents of the uncompressed "To_Mod_Folder" folder into your Saved Game mod folder. Overwrite any conflicts.
      * 3) Read the Readme.txt file in the "Additional_Setup" folder...   Thats it - Enjoy!   -------------------------------------------------------------
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Credits:
      The Mudhen Maintenance Team 2016
      Viper63a - Upgraded Skins, Decals, Cockpit and Menu Screens.
      Spudknocker - Upgraded Flight Model and Weapons Loadout.
      Fanatic Modder - Upgraded Flight Model and Engine Emitters.
      Crusader - Upgraded and added 2012 FM and Cockpits to pack!
      RavenClaw_007 - Freaking insane Weapons and Ejection Seats!
      JAT81500 - For the excellent Florian Pilot upgrades!
      Hi Ho Silvers - AfterBurner Mod.
      Nengajyou Aki -JASDF Serial Decals.
      Stick - Beta testing and assistance with FM - THANK YOU! April 2016 -------------------------------------------------------------
      Salute to the 2010 F-15 Super Pack Team for the original
      F-15 Super Pack!
      TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.
      The Mirage Factory - For the nice F-15D MSIP aircraft...in particular Flying Toaster, wpnssgt, and Dave for making the F-15 MAX files available for me to play with.
      Kei Nagase - For the awesome skins for the F-15 ACTIVE.
      AleDucat - For the nice ACES II ejection seat models.
      Deuces - For the F-15 Afterburner and weapon effects.
      Diego - For the Modern USAF Pilot skins.
      Fubar512 - For the FM work.
      JimmyBib - For the F-15C cockpit flight control textures.
      MoonJumper - Avionics work.
      Sundowner - Textures.
      USAFMTL/Dave - Decals.
      Wpnssgt - Models, Textures.
      Kesselburt - Original F-15C cockpit.   -------------------------------------------------------------
      SF2 USAF E\F-111\A\D\E\F Combat Lancers\Aardvarks\Ravens
      ------------------------------------------------------------- * FastCargo's Super Vark package 2.4 (SF2)
      * Slick Cowboy's F-111_improvedskinpack 2.0 (SF2)
      * Dave's EF-111A Version 2.0 (SF1)
      * LeL's F-111 TAC Pack (SF1)
      * Spinners [Fictional] General Dynamics F-111A 'Early TAC' Version 1
      * Hi Ho Silver - The Afterburner Mod v.1 (SF1/SF2)
      * Florian - "AmokFloo" - Western Style Pilot Models (SF1/SF2)   Kout - Loading and Hanger Screens. Kct - Textures and decals for the F-15SG.
      Brain32 - Improved/new textures for F-15C cockpit.
      Mago - F-15E Cockpit.
      331KillerBee - SF2 Weapons Pack (basis for some of the weapons included).
      Lexx Luthor - Siberian Sky Experimental 3-D Rocket Exhaust
      JAT81500 - F-15E Cockpit avionics and HUD work.
      To my fellows at Combatace for helping me beta test and work out bugs.
      Any errors or mistakes are entirely mine. FastCargo
      12 Jan 10   -------------------------------------------------------------
      LOCKHEED F-117A NIGHTHAWK Ver 1.1
      ------------------------------------------------------------- Aircraft, Cockpit, Skins, Decals and .ini work - Me FM - Fubar512 (with some modifications by me) ACESII Ejection seat - ravenclaw Pilot skin - Old Diego Testing - The ODS team THANKS
      ------
      A MASSIVE thanks to Crusader for all his very useful
      reference material and support without which this package
      could not exist! Thanks to all on the forum for their continuing and always
      useful support. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have had making it. Dels
      ------------------------------------------------------------- Submitter viper63a Submitted 07/16/2016 Category Other  
    • By viper63a
      This pack updates, upgrades and\or fixes(?) some the Forces configuration in the original release of Operation Dessert Storm (ODS) by eburger68. If you don't already have eburger68's excellent Operation Desert Storm Pack - I highly recommend it!   ------------------------------------------------------------- What's included in this mod pack?
      ------------------------------------------------------------- I upgraded some of the planes from the ODS pack with some of the planes from the following packs. Also fixed some issues with the F-15C squadron configuration in the Campaign INI files.  Added my 1920x1080 Menu and Campaign screens...   * F-15C\D from "SF2 F-15 Eagle Super Pack Redux 2018 Version 1.1 - The Mudhen Team" https://combatace.com/files/file/16186-sf2-f-15-eagle-super-pack-redux-2018/   * F-15E from "SF2 F-15 Strike Eagle Super Pack Redux 2018 Version 1.1 - The Mudhen Team"
      https://combatace.com/files/file/16161-sf2-f-15-strike-eagle-super-pack-redux-2018/   * E\F-111A\E\F from "SF2 E\F-111\A\D\E\F USAF Combat Lancers\Aardvarks\Ravens Redux 2016 - Viper63a, dtmdragon, Lel, Fanatic Modder!"
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15561-sf2-ef-111adef-usaf-combat-lancersaardvarksravens-redux-2016/   * F-117A from "Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk for SF2 1.0 - By Dels"
      http://combatace.com/files/file/14233-lockheed-f-117a-nighthawk-for-sf2/   * C-130E\H from "C-130E/H USAF pack (originally by Dels) by Daddyairplanes" * RavenClaw_007 - Freaking insane Weapons and Ejection Seats!
      * JAT81500 - Excellent Florian Pilot upgrades!
      * Hi Ho Silvers - AfterBurner Mod.   * Also included is my ODS 1920x1080 Menus...from here... StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens Version 1.1 https://combatace.com/files/file/16487-strikefighters2-desert-storm-hi-res-1920x1080-menu-screens/   -------------------------------------------------------------
      Installation:
      ------------------------------------------------------------- !! First and always - BACKUP! Don't chance it!   * 1) You MUST delete the these Aircraft folders or the install or some of the planes WILL NOT WORK. BACKUP and delete the following Aircraft folders...   AC-130U
      C-130E
      C-130H
      EC-130H
      EF-111A
      F-15C
      F-15C_RSAF
      F-15D
      F-15E
      F-16C_B40_RBAF
      F-111E
      F-111F
      F-117A   * 2) Copy the contents of the uncompressed "To_Mod_Folder" folder into your Saved Game mod folder. Overwrite any conflicts.
      * 3) Read the Readme.txt file in the "Additional_Setup" folder...   Thats it - Enjoy!   -------------------------------------------------------------
      Credits:
      The Mudhen Maintenance Team 2016
      Viper63a - Upgraded Skins, Decals, Cockpit and Menu Screens.
      Spudknocker - Upgraded Flight Model and Weapons Loadout.
      Fanatic Modder - Upgraded Flight Model and Engine Emitters.
      Crusader - Upgraded and added 2012 FM and Cockpits to pack!
      RavenClaw_007 - Freaking insane Weapons and Ejection Seats!
      JAT81500 - For the excellent Florian Pilot upgrades!
      Hi Ho Silvers - AfterBurner Mod.
      Nengajyou Aki -JASDF Serial Decals.
      Stick - Beta testing and assistance with FM - THANK YOU! April 2016 -------------------------------------------------------------
      Salute to the 2010 F-15 Super Pack Team for the original
      F-15 Super Pack!
      TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.
      The Mirage Factory - For the nice F-15D MSIP aircraft...in particular Flying Toaster, wpnssgt, and Dave for making the F-15 MAX files available for me to play with.
      Kei Nagase - For the awesome skins for the F-15 ACTIVE.
      AleDucat - For the nice ACES II ejection seat models.
      Deuces - For the F-15 Afterburner and weapon effects.
      Diego - For the Modern USAF Pilot skins.
      Fubar512 - For the FM work.
      JimmyBib - For the F-15C cockpit flight control textures.
      MoonJumper - Avionics work.
      Sundowner - Textures.
      USAFMTL/Dave - Decals.
      Wpnssgt - Models, Textures.
      Kesselburt - Original F-15C cockpit.   -------------------------------------------------------------
      SF2 USAF E\F-111\A\D\E\F Combat Lancers\Aardvarks\Ravens
      ------------------------------------------------------------- * FastCargo's Super Vark package 2.4 (SF2)
      * Slick Cowboy's F-111_improvedskinpack 2.0 (SF2)
      * Dave's EF-111A Version 2.0 (SF1)
      * LeL's F-111 TAC Pack (SF1)
      * Spinners [Fictional] General Dynamics F-111A 'Early TAC' Version 1
      * Hi Ho Silver - The Afterburner Mod v.1 (SF1/SF2)
      * Florian - "AmokFloo" - Western Style Pilot Models (SF1/SF2)   Kout - Loading and Hanger Screens. Kct - Textures and decals for the F-15SG.
      Brain32 - Improved/new textures for F-15C cockpit.
      Mago - F-15E Cockpit.
      331KillerBee - SF2 Weapons Pack (basis for some of the weapons included).
      Lexx Luthor - Siberian Sky Experimental 3-D Rocket Exhaust
      JAT81500 - F-15E Cockpit avionics and HUD work.
      To my fellows at Combatace for helping me beta test and work out bugs.
      Any errors or mistakes are entirely mine. FastCargo
      12 Jan 10   -------------------------------------------------------------
      LOCKHEED F-117A NIGHTHAWK Ver 1.1
      ------------------------------------------------------------- Aircraft, Cockpit, Skins, Decals and .ini work - Me FM - Fubar512 (with some modifications by me) ACESII Ejection seat - ravenclaw Pilot skin - Old Diego Testing - The ODS team THANKS
      ------
      A MASSIVE thanks to Crusader for all his very useful
      reference material and support without which this package
      could not exist! Thanks to all on the forum for their continuing and always
      useful support. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have had making it. Dels
    • By Nyghtfall
      Kuwait Scooters - A-4KU/TA-4KU for SF2 - v1.0
      ==================================================
      *** any SF2I that has the KfirC1_77 for the cockpit and DLC005 required for the A-4K model ***
      This mods represents the A-4KU and TA-4KU Skyhawks used by Kuwait between 1977 and 1992.
      In the 1970s Kuwait purchased 36 Skyhawks (30 single-seater + 6 two-seater). These planes were based upon A-4M, that were delivered to the USMC at that time. So they got the same engine, the larger canopy, the brakechute and the squared off fintip. Equipment needed to deliver nuclear weapons, aswell as Shrike- and Walleye were deleted. The TA-4KU were unique in having the same engine as the single-seater, aswell as the avionics hump. Apart from some aerials their appearance is similar to that of the OA-4M.
      When Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, many of the pilots flew with their planes to Saudi Arabia. They were included in the Royal Saudi Air Force and flew 1361 sorties with the loss of only 1 plane.
      With the end of the Gulf War they were placed in storage and replaced by F/A-18 Hornets. After failed attempts to sell the surviving 23 planes to Bosnia and the Phillipines, they were finally sold to Brazil in 1997 to serve aboard the Aircraft Carrier Minas Gerais as AF-1 and AF-1A.
      Infos
      =====
      - cockpit used is the modified KfirC1_77 cockpit, that is already used for my A-4M-mod. I only made small modifications to fit it the A-4KU.
      - Pilotmodel is a stand-in, until someone comes up with a Kuwaiti Pilot :)
      - Fakepilot-stuff like hump and the antennas are made with MUEs new Blender-exporter - as I already said and always will: Thank you, great job, mue!
      - Skin resolution is 4096x4096
      - Skins are set up for "No9SQN" as I only found the general info, that planes were used by "No. 9 and No. 25 squadrons" and both squadrons didn't
          use any special markings it seems.
      Sources
      =======
      - Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
      - A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
      - Airliners.net
      - Joe Baughers Site
      - Google in general
      Installation
      ============
      1. unzip to a temporary folder
      2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_MOD_Folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
      3. enjoy!
      If the Squadron is missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free numbers:
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=Kuwait_No9SQN
      DisplayName=No. 9 Squadron
      Nation=Kuwait

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
      - Fracture - TA-4 model
      - Alejandro - Escapac seat
      - FastCargo - FakePilot
      - Sounds - ???
      - dtmdragons - A-4KU-update-pack, this is loosly based on
      - myself - all other work, including 3D-models (tanks, pylons, addons)

Thanks
      ======
      - Crusader for valuable information regarding weaponsstations-arrangement, I found in the forum.
      - mue for his great LODViewer and Blender-Exporter, which made this possible!
      - cocas for help learning 3D-stuff!

P.S.
      ====
      If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.

Disclaimer
      ==========
      This mod or parts of it may not be used for payware of any kind. Also if you use something, give proper credit.

18_03_2018

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..