Sign in to follow this  
fedace101

Ground targets in single mission.

So from questions I asked before I know that both air and ground targets have set values for the randomization but I was wondering about a few things.

1: Is it possible to set more then one strike mission target? And I mean permenently, so its just part of the randomization without touching the in game editor.

2: Is it possible to permenently have more AA then what's givin inder the heavy setting for single missions?

1) no - hard coded into the game

2) yes - requires rebuilding the terrain's _targets.ini to add them

As Bob says.

To add more AA it is very easy. Using Mue´s outstanding TargetAreaEditor.

• Haha 1

Is there a game limit to the amount of AAA per target area? I seem to recall a thread that suggested 16 or 18 AAA units was the maximum per target area but not sure.

yes, there is a limit, but I don't remember what it is/was. I know I hit it doing the first ODS mod. 

However... remember the game only spawns GroundObjects withing a 50km "bubble of reality" around the player's aircraft

On 13/12/2017 at 11:44 PM, Wrench said:

However... remember the game only spawns GroundObjects withing a 50km "bubble of reality" around the player's aircraft

That's apliccable to objective ships too? Wondering how a player can play long range antiship missions using Soviet missiles...

On NavalMap=TRUE terrains the fleets are "active" at long range, probably because they are the main objects for naval strike missions.

They are always visible with the "next ground object" view function.

• Like 1

On 13.12.2017 at 9:08 PM, baffmeister said:

Is there a game limit to the amount of AAA per target area? I seem to recall a thread that suggested 16 or 18 AAA units was the maximum per target area but not sure.

16 Flak or SAM is maximum.

• Like 1