Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In SF1 series you could hang a fake pylon on a wing if the 3D model didn't have one where you need it. Did anyone make, in SF2, a similar workaround ? I checked the weapons download section, the knowledge base, I couldn't find anything helping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you use the "fake pilot" method...load a model of a pylon as a ghost pilot"

look in weapons downloads im sure theres some there and how they are added.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after several hundred, yes it works just fine!! Thank you very much!! :biggrin:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the latest weapons packs for blues and reds but there is no such pylons in them. I also searched in some SF2 aircraft archives I downloaded to see if they have inside weapons. Some have such items but not pylons in it. It would help if you could tell me, exactly, which weapon pack from download section has it. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should also look in the pilots-folder for fakepilots-addons like pylons as the name (fakePILOT) suggests. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did that, too. There are a lot of fake pilots but not with pylons. I found a lot of them but they are used for aircraft shape add-ons (nose of the plane, antennas, cockpits etc)

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its rather simple really...have a pylon made...add it to a\c as a fake pilot and place it in the co-ords of the model wings you want using mues viewer....there are pylons in some packs ive seen...ive a few in my pilots folder that I didnt add ....that someones made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not "that" simple. No one would make one now just because I need it (I don't know how to make one in a 3D editor otherwise I wouldn't have been asking that, would I ?). The most precious help would be if you could tell me exactly where they are or to upload one if you have it. I know, too that they may be there, somewhere as you suggested. First, my downloads are limited, second, I don't have the whole time in the world just to do that, searching blindly hundreds, maybe thousands of files just for a pylon, not knowing where exactly to search.

Bottom line, If anyone already have what I need or can tell me in which pack it is I would appreciate it, thank you.

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any pylon or specific for specific a/c ?

would be easier to describe what really is needed. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess any pylon will do. I want it for multipurpose matters, so is not a specific one. if it would have a slim shape one , the better. Thank you for lending a hand friend!

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UllyB said:

No one would make one now just because I need it...

...second, I don't have the whole time in the world just to do that, searching blindly hundreds, maybe thousands of files just for a pylon, not knowing where exactly to search.

 

(I don't know how to make one in a 3D editor otherwise I wouldn't have been asking that, would I ?)

To easy write a feedback, I reordered your answer a bit.

1. On one hand you say that nobody would help you, on the other hand you don't have the time to search for something... What do you expect? That someone else spent HIS/HER time to search for you or even spent HIS/HER time to do a pylon for you, when you by yourself don't want to spent time to search for something?

2. Guess what? A fake pylon was exactly the beginning for me to learn Blender. I wanted a pylon and didn't find anyone to make one for me, so I started and found people helping me to convert it from Blender to Max and LOD. Today we even have mue's exporter for Blender, so you do not have to invest any money for a 3D-Software to get stuff into the game. Of course you will have to invest time (a lot...) to learn it, but it is worth it. And even then, you could simply ask people to help you.

My impression of you is, that you want to know everything that MAY happen on your way to a certain result...even the most improbable...without even take 1 step (I took a screenshot for myself of the the actual SF2-General Board, with now shows 11 UllyB-icons and 3 icons of 3 other people). Just trial and error and see what happens. You will fail, it will take time, but you will learn stuff and advance from there. Of course ask question, but accept the answer one or the other time... people aren't always stupid. :wink:

Just my 2cent.

(no offense intended)

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nyghtfall,

You were saying...what ? :) It is a blank where is supposed to be your reply.

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I know, just pressed save to early...just edited it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UllyB said:

I guess any pylon will do. I want it for multipurpose matters, so is not a specific one. if it would have a slim shape one , the better. Thank you for lending a hand friend!

A tip for you: The more info you give someone, you better the answer/work will be.

In your case: The pylon you want may be 1m in length and 5cm in height or 30m in length and 30cm in height....both would be more or less slim. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

 

In your case: The pylon you want may be 1m in length and 5cm in height or 30m in length and 30cm in height....both would be more or less slim. ;)

 You know, I can talk whatever I want about pylons aspects with anyone, but that won't help me much if no one give it to me or tell me where exactly to find it, isn't it ? I am a practical person and modding, as you know takes a lot of time and patience so I will be satisfied when I have that pylon "in my hands" only and can do something creative with it. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feeling being blunt and practical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

To easy write a feedback, I reordered your answer a bit.

1. On one hand you say that nobody would help you, on the other hand you don't have the time to search for something... What do you expect? That someone else spent HIS/HER time to search for you or even spent HIS/HER time to do a pylon for you, when you by yourself don't want to spent time to search for something?

2. Guess what? A fake pylon was exactly the beginning for me to learn Blender. I wanted a pylon and didn't find anyone to make one for me, so I started and found people helping me to convert it from Blender to Max and LOD. Today we even have mue's exporter for Blender, so you do not have to invest any money for a 3D-Software to get stuff into the game. Of course you will have to invest time (a lot...) to learn it, but it is worth it. And even then, you could simply ask people to help you.

My impression of you is, that you want to know everything that MAY happen on your way to a certain result...even the most improbable...without even take 1 step (I took a screenshot for myself of the the actual SF2-General Board, with now shows 11 UllyB-icons and 3 icons of 3 other people). Just trial and error and see what happens. You will fail, it will take time, but you will learn stuff and advance from there. Of course ask question, but accept the answer one or the other time... people aren't always stupid. :wink:

Just my 2cent.

(no offense intended)

I said I don't have time for realistic and obvious reasons not because I am lazy. You missunderstood. I have limited downloads. If I choose not to lose time (I would lose months and years, with my quota of downloads to search the entire database, wouldn't I? ) is because I see where this would go and not because I am stupid and lazy. Who here would lose months and years just to look for a needle ? You? I very doubt that you are that kind of person, so I don't understand why you lecture me about my choice.You choose to see it different, that is your opinion my friend and I respect that, but I don't have to agree with you. Secondly if you wanted to learn something, again, it's your choice. If I choose different, not to, I can't be blamed for that just because you think different, isn't it? Maybe I can't learn complex things like the Blender (Have you thought of that ?) or anything or maybe I just use my brain as I see it fit and try to find a easier way, asking for anyone who already has it or know exactly where it is, which is far easier and practical than what you suggested (to lose time learning Blender or search for months and years a database and all that just for a lousy pylon). If I wanted to help you I would have given it to you the pylon on the spot (if I had it) or told you where to find it (if I knew it), and not lecturing you about your choices in life. IMO THAT is what I  call HELP.

 

 

PS - Now I remembered something. Ten years ago I played the Euro Truck Sim 2, maybe you heard of it. I did some modding there , too, not too fancy, but still I added new stufff to the game. In those time I saw in the modding page of the forum that the Blender (I think it's the same program you mentioned it) was a new entry. SCS, the makers of ET2, some Czech company was using it to make cabins for their trucks. Then I took a look and tried to make something useful but, soon, I felt utterly crushed by its vast complexity. . Now I am laughing remembering how hopeless I felt ten years ago when I tried head-on to tackle that complex software.It was like a sudden death kind of thing when I realized that I can't learn such program to work with as I thought. And you suggested me to learn it as if it was something any person could do it...

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, UllyB said:

I said I don't have time for realistic and obvious reasons not because I am lazy. You missunderstood. I have limited downloads. If I choose not to lose time (I would lose months and years, with my quota of downloads to search the entire database, wouldn't I? ) is because I see where this would go and not because I am stupid and lazy. Who here would lose months and years just to look for a needle ? You? I very doubt that you are that kind of person, so I don't understand why you lecture me about my choice.You choose to see it different, that is your opinion my friend and I respect that, but I don't have to agree with you. Secondly if you wanted to learn something, again, it's your choice. If I choose different, not to, I can't be blamed for that just because you think different, isn't it? Maybe I can't learn complex things like the Blender (Have you thought of that ?) or anything or maybe I just use my brain as I see it fit and try to find a easier way, asking for anyone who already has it or know exactly where it is, which is far easier and practical than what you sugest (to lose time learning Blender or search for months and years a database). If I wanted to help you I would have given it to you the pylon on the spot (if I had it) or told you where to find it (if I knew it), and not lecturing you about your choices in life. IMO THAT is what I  call HELP.

Well, I don't sit at home the whole day doing nothing....I have a job and a private life too. So I also don't have unlimited time. And in the evening I don't alsways want to spent hours to play around with SF2. That's why things last long to get to the finish these days. But that's ok. And saying, that you would lose months and years is nonsense in my eyes. After a short while you get an impression, where to look stuff at and you don't always have to search the entire database of CA every time.

But you are absolutely right...I am really that stupid to search for something in weaponpacks or download stuff, with the hope to find, what I need. And yeah, sometimes (often?) I do not find what I need and "lost" time as you would call it. But in my eyes even when the result was not as expected, the time was not lost, as I had a view on other stuff besides searching and have an idea where to look at on the next problem. What you want is the short way... and if people answer your questions, you often do not accept the answer, for whatever reason. There are enough examples on the board. Maybe that are also reasons, why nobody bothers to sit there for an hour or 2 and create a pylon, just because UllyB wants one.

You say you cannot learn blender. That's fine. Nobody has to. It is just 1 possible solution for your problem, though not the easy one you would like to have. "Have you thought of that?" - to be serious? No, and I have to say - I don't care. Why should I? You will have a reason and that is fine by me, because it was just 1 idea to solve your problem. Everyone has a reason for something and everyone has their cross to bear including you and me.

"If I wanted to help you I would have given it to you the pylon on the spot (if I had it) or told you where to find it (if I knew it), and not lecturing you about your choices in life. IMO THAT is what I  call HELP."

^ So to keep it simple. You expect others to exactly point out where to find the one solution that suits you in a second? Maybe others don't know, where to find a solution for the vision in your head. Have you thought of that? Look at your answer to the pylon you requested...still empty words...no meassurments or a general direction - draw something in paint, whatever ...it has to be slim...that's all I know. So why should I spent hours to just find out what you want, just to make something, that you request afterwards to be taller, smaller, whatever? Help people to help you....thats what I expect from someone, that requests something.

Try something on your own, be polite and people will help you, but accept that maybe noone knows exactly and once in a while accept the answer you've been given. That's all I wanted to say. Have fun. Over and out. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...a small add:

Another tip: STart thinking out of the box. For your pylon-"problem" - take something that has the general shape you need and repaint it. I once used some external chaff-dispenser as a pylon. Use mue's lod-viewer...it's easy as hell nowadays to look at models.

And to find a pylon...Try my A-4M mod. I think this one has single add-on pylons. Not sure though....yeah, I don't even remember every detail on my own mods again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nyghtfall said:

^ So to keep it simple. You expect others to exactly point out where to find the one solution that suits you in a second? Maybe others don't know, where to find a solution for the vision in your head.

 

Isn't  that the forum for I wonder ? To find an EASIER way to find/get things asking ?  And I was polite, I was always asking in polite ways. Show me where I wasn't polite in my sentences in this forum please. And I didn't said that YOU are stupid, I just said that I don't think YOU are the person who will lose months and years to search it, that is what I said.In your analyze you deliberate ignored the fact that I have limited downloads as if that would not be an essential factor. In my opinion it is a good argument for my cause and that is the reason I chose  an easier way, to ask for a pylon or a place where it is, it's just the logical path. You don't like me, that is obvious, I get it and I can live with that, but if you were not willing to help me anyway, I wonder why did you bother to wite to me.

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nyghtfall said:

...a small add:

Another tip: STart thinking out of the box. For your pylon-"problem" - take something that has the general shape you need and repaint it. I once used some external chaff-dispenser as a pylon. Use mue's lod-viewer...it's easy as hell nowadays to look at models.

 

I looked, there is nothing like this in what I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UllyB said:

Isn't  that the forum for I wonder ? To find an EASIER way to find/get things asking ?  And I was polite, I was always asking in polite ways. Show me where I wasn't polite in my sentences in this forum please. And I didn't said that YOU are stupid, I just said that I don't think YOU are the person who will lose months and years to search it, that is what I said.In your analyze you deliberate ignored the fact that I have limited downloads as if that would not be an essential factor. In my opinion it is a good argument for my cause and that is the reason I chose  an easier way, to ask for a pylon or a place where it is, it's just the logical path. You don't like me, that is obvious, I get it and I can live with that, but if you were not willing to help me anyway, I wonder why did you bother to wite to me.

I don't know you, so I am neutral towards you. If I would not like you, you would be on ignore or I really would not bother to answer. ;)

I just not a fan of the way to "solve" things for you. Just do as you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nyghtfall said:

 

I just not a fan of the way to "solve" things for you. Just do as you like.

If you would have told me WHERE to find a weapon pack who has a pylon in it, it would 've been called HELP, and not that you were solving problems for me.  If you would have had a pylon and gave it to me, also it would've been called HELP and not solving problems for me. That is the way I see it. You, obviously don't see things that way so I guess it's a matter of interpretation after all. I can live with that. You are not the first person who disagrees with me in such matters and I am not the first you met, who disagrees with you , I am sure of that.

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously? How can I tell you where to find something, if I don't know? You may like it or not, few people fill the boards with a "Sorry, I don't know" if they don't. And for me thats fine...I like reading the boards without skipping thousands of "I don't know posts".

I just browsed the weaponsfolder, found it, edited it and used it for a what-if. It's been years when I did this and it was just not important enough, that I saved every bit of info of it....

What on earth keeps you from just doing the same other than words words words and 5 million words because this and that?

Afaik there are 2 big old weaponspacks out there (bunyaps?) and 2 weaponspacks of ravenclaw with a third one in the works. I think to remember that theres is also 1 weaponspack of TMF. These are all I know....to sum up: 6...in words SIX. And sorry to disappoint you...I simply don't know all weapons in all packs...probably nobody will. And I'm still sure, that 6 is something that one can handle in less then "months or years" and even with limited downloads.

We just don't have to agree to each other and I sure we won't. I'm fine with that. People are willing to help here, just maybe not always the way you want/expect it. This here is a hobby for most people, please keep that in mind.

P.S. You spoke of misinterpretation. English is not my first language and I'm far from perfect with it. I use words wrong and sometimes what I write will make no sense in english, when it's a phrase from another language. That's a common problem here, because people are from all over the world...

Edited by Nyghtfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was all in the hypothesys that YOU KNOW or you HAVE, of course. That was the meaning. It's absurd to ask something from a man who hasn't it. I know that much. You say it's a hobby as if I would be a parasite and all other persons in the world, except me, have jobs and they are busy. I have a personal life and a business to run , too as anyone else, well maybe not like anyone else, some are just employees.I even had the most horrible year ,spending it on a hospital bed, cllinging between life and death in my fight with cancer, being not able to have the loved ones near me etc. I never asked impossible on this forum, I just took the easiest way because one can gain TIME, esentially exactly like in your argument that everyone else have a life , jobs etc. So to some extend YOU, indirectly, agree with me and you admit that I have a point choosing the easiest way. All the weapon I had, I repeat, I have no pylons, but the search is not over. My hopes that someone has it or know exactly where it is didn't die, too.

PS- I am not native English speaker either but I was not referring to misspelling in that case. I said you misunderstood the fact that I choose an easy way, opposed with the one that I am lazy and I don't want to spend time finding something. That was the meaning when I said you missunderstood.

Let me ask you something: if you have an easy way to get what you want and a hard way which takes time and continous effort to achieve it, what would you choose , eh ? The hard way ? I doubt you will, you will choose the easiest way like anyone else, so I can't understand when you blame me for doing exactly that. In the long run you , in fact, think exactly like me here, you just need time to realize/admit it and I have an argument to support what I am saying: In the last two posts you already told me where to look. See ? It wasn't that hard to help me , the way I said I would like to receive help, wasn't it? Thank you, I appreciate it and I will start looking there for my goal.

Edited by UllyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah cancer sucks...I totally agree with you. My mother died unexpectedly 3 years ago within 6 weeks. She went by herself to the hospital just to check a partial loss of her voice and within 6 weeks, she died...never left hospital in between and was most of the time sleeping within those 6 weeks...so no way to say goodbye to her. 2 month later I got a disc prolapse... So yeah, probably not as bad as your situation, but like I said before....everyone has their cross to bear.

Of course I agree with you about the easy way....everyone wants the most with spending as little energy as possible...thats nature...

But in my opinion (which I made after "seeing your acting" in the boards now for a while and which you don't have to agree with) you want the easy way because everything else is to timeconsuming. You expect people to know exactly what you have in mind and where to find it and you want to know everything about a topic in a very short amount of time...even the tiniest bit of information, that maybe TK himself sometimes doesn't know. ;)

To come back to your fake pylon "problem"*: Maybe you read what I wrote. Maybe not, so I repeat it again:

"And to find a pylon...Try my A-4M mod. I think this one has single add-on pylons. Not sure though...."

So, I just downloaded my mod, because I simply could not find it right know here.

I unzipped it and here they are...there's even a centerline-pylon in the pilots-folder. This took not years or month. And even if you don't know about that mod, I'm sure they are others out there, that also don't take years to find.

 

 

* within modding a "problem" for me is the task thats need a solution....probably not the right word for you, but it is, how it is.

Pylon.jpg

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..