I saw some pics in some threads which looks beautiful. How do I add static jetfighters, or other planes on the carrier's deck ? I looked into KB, no referrence of the matter. Thank you.

PS - ships, from ground Objects Folder, noted WARSHIP will appear in (randomly) single missions or just in campaigns ? I saw in Wrench's map Israel2 some warships noted as Warehouse and some oil tankers noted oil field or something. Will that do to make them appear anywhere ?

4 minutes ago, UllyB said:

I saw some pics in some threads which looks beautiful. How do I add static jetfighters, or other planes on the carrier's deck ? I looked into KB, no referrence of the matter. Thank you.

the game will automatically generate parked aircraft from your game aircraft pool (aircraft need these lines CarrierBased=TRUE in data.ini.

Also, aircraft carrier needs to have lines in data ini 

ParkingChance=80 (or any value here up to 100)
ParkingMaxSpan=12.0 (or any value here depends on how big aircraft are)

But there are also aircraft carriers with built-in parked aircraft. In this case, you can not do anything, remove or add more. Those are part of the lod. Some like those models with built-in aircraft, some - like me, not much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see, but Kiev and those two americans are stock, right?. On Kiev there are no such planes, but I'll check those settings you mentioned , maybe there is something wrong there.

Thanks.

Edited by UllyB

on stock models, the game will pop up aircraft automatically. 

some third party vessels have built-in parked aircraft.

• Thanks 1

I have 2 third party Soviet aircraft brought to SF2. YAK-38 and YAK-38M. They all have in datafile.ini :

CarrierBased=TRUE

YAk-38 and YAL-38M have also :

CarrierParkSpan=4.55

I matched the same value for Kiev carrier line:

ParkingMaxSpan=4.55

And I modified ParkingChance=80 to ParkingChance=100

I loaded the game and still I don't get any parked planes.

However, I had a Mi-8T helo which is carrier based and , when I set ParkingMaxSpan=12.0 in carrier setting, it appeared. Why the other planes won't appear ? What am I doing wrong ?

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

you should give some fudge room in your carrier park span. try 4.551 instead of 4.55, or basically 0.001 over the largest aircraft your parking there. conversely to limit just go 0.001 under (ie 4.549)

whats the wingspan of the Mi-8T in its data.ini?

also aircraft parking is a quirky thing in game period. parking chance 100% doesnt garuntee an aircraft will park there.

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

you should give some fudge room in your carrier park span. try 4.551 instead of 4.55, or basically 0.001 over the largest aircraft your parking there. conversely to limit just go 0.001 under (ie 4.549)

whats the wingspan of the Mi-8T in its data.ini?

also aircraft parking is a quirky thing in game period. parking chance 100% doesnt garuntee an aircraft will park there.

It's CarrierParkSpan=5.55.  I tried to fudge , but no luck. Maybe  someone who has those planes sees this thread and is letting me know his values. By the way the values put there in plane's data files (CarrierParkSpan=4.55 etc) weren't first tested ? Were they put there just randomly ? I doubt...Or maybe they worked in SF1...

In that parameter the values are in meters or ? I try to figure the issue out that's why I ask.

Edited by UllyB

34 minutes ago, UllyB said:

I tried to fudge , but no luck.

sorry. refer back the the third line; parking isnt garunteed even at 100%

the airliners i would do are pleasant suprises when they pop up in game. but thats roughly a 1 in a 100 occurence

even more fun you will have is getting an appropriate to conditions skin on aircraft (all same air wing frrom same year). ask the guys that get all of the same airwing, if its not models as part of the carrier model, then that has some skill set behind it they could share

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Thanks 1

You mean there is just 1% chance to appear as parked aircraft on a carrier deck ? On airfields parked aircraft appear everytime but I guess there is no connection between them. I looked into one airfield.ini and parking chance was 80 and 15 for large aircraft. Still, parked aircraft appear everytime. How does this random engine go I wonder...

Edited by UllyB

Ok TK knows, and he ain't talking.

• Haha 1

So those nice pictures with carrier parked aircraft were a mirage...That's a shame, I liked them and decided to add them to my new SF2  database I got.

Edited by UllyB

UPDATE

I did this: I let again TRUE for the helo and let ParkingChance=100 on the Kiev. The parked helos appear everytime!!! I loaded and reloaded the game 25 times and I confirm that game loads the hellos on deck everytime. The helo had CarrierParkSpan=5.55  value. I did another thing after that: I switch to FALSE for helo and replace YAK_38 and YAK-38M CarrierParkSpan values with it helo's values. It doesn't work, the deck is empty everytime. How the heck for helo works and for aircraft won't ?? What does have the helo and the aircraft not I wonder...A helo has a shorter widespan...How can I put this into the equation ? Any ideas or suggestions ?

Edited by UllyB
  • Thanks 1

hi

did you try the unfolded span of the Yak-38, something like 7.02m? I have no access to my installation right now, but I remember seeing Yaks onboard of the Kiev.

cheers

sokol

• Thanks 1

With this setting:

[Deck]
SystemType=FLIGHT_DECK
FlightDeckHeight=13.54
FlightDeckLength=278.38
FlightDeckWidth=57.70
LandDeckAngle=-6.0
LandingAimPoint=-4.56,-100.39
CollisionMesh=Kiev_deck.LOD
ParkingChance=80
ParkingMaxSpan=5.0
Parking[01].Heading=280
Parking[01].Offset=11.30,-84.62
Parking[02].Heading=280
Parking[02].Offset=13.13,-90.86
Parking[03].Heading=280
Parking[03].Offset=13.69,-96.84
Parking[04].Heading=280
Parking[04].Offset=14.26,-103.13
Parking[05].Heading=280
Parking[05].Offset=14.82,-109.74

You get that result:

img00463.thumb.JPG.6552742642bff78e0faf3c66217261bd.JPG

img00465.thumb.JPG.a3b714483244aeb4ab6e669a6bfca2c2.JPG

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Gepard said:

With this setting:

[Deck]
SystemType=FLIGHT_DECK
FlightDeckHeight=13.54
FlightDeckLength=278.38
FlightDeckWidth=57.70
LandDeckAngle=-6.0
LandingAimPoint=-4.56,-100.39
CollisionMesh=Kiev_deck.LOD
ParkingChance=80
ParkingMaxSpan=5.0
Parking[01].Heading=280
Parking[01].Offset=11.30,-84.62
Parking[02].Heading=280
Parking[02].Offset=13.13,-90.86
Parking[03].Heading=280
Parking[03].Offset=13.69,-96.84
Parking[04].Heading=280
Parking[04].Offset=14.26,-103.13
Parking[05].Heading=280
Parking[05].Offset=14.82,-109.74

You get that result:

img00463.thumb.JPG.6552742642bff78e0faf3c66217261bd.JPG

img00465.thumb.JPG.a3b714483244aeb4ab6e669a6bfca2c2.JPG

I have the same settings in Kiev carrier data.ini file and I don't get your results, unfortunately. You forgot to let me know what value do you have in YAK-38 aircraft data.ini (CarrierParkSpan= ?) . That is the most interesting. Anyway, it won't work, I had these values you showed me already as default. Carrier plane's values make the differeces is my guess or there is another value/parameter which count there that matters.

43 minutes ago, Sokol said:

hi

did you try the unfolded span of the Yak-38, something like 7.02m? I have no access to my installation right now, but I remember seeing Yaks onboard of the Kiev.

cheers

sokol

where is the unfolded span value ?

Edited by UllyB

1 minute ago, UllyB said:

I have the same settings in Kiev carrier data.ini file and I don't get your results, unfortunately. You forgot to let me know what value do you have in YAK-38 aircraft data.ini (CarrierParkSpan= ?) . That is the most interesting. Anyway, it won't work, I had these values you showed me already as default. Carrier plane's values make the differeces is my guess.

CarrierBased=TRUE
CarrierParkSpan=4.55
CarrierParkAnimationID=9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have exactly the same values, but it won't work. I'm puzzled. But the helos if I put TRUE in its file, appear!  I really feel frustration.

x.jpg

Edited by UllyB

Oh I think I know what is wrong...The YAK-38 is SOVIETNAVY, not just SOVIET. I'll check and come back with the result.

yeap that was it. I changed for the Kiev and now they all appear. THANK YOU for help and stimulating me to find the mistake!

img00033.JPG

img00029.JPG

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Please upload the edited files Ully.

which files exactly do you mean ? Where do you wish to upload them, here ?

img00028.JPG

img00027.JPG

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 3

Don't worry, edited the files myself :)

1 minute ago, Stratos said:

Alright. if you need anything just call me.

• Like 1

Files, what files?

Where?

I'm taking off in search of 'em:

img00483.thumb.JPG.785e564f3aadf851ac8db28d8cfeef85.JPG

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Stratos said:

Could you summarize in one post which files needed to be modified (only the ship or also aircrafts)? Thanks

• Like 1