After a crash, my Strike Fighters 2 Europe keys appear all set as unassigned.

There's no way i can set 'em.

Even if i bind them, they still be unassigned.

I EVEN TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, and they are STILL all unassigned...

I seriously have no idea of what to do, since this happened only in Europe and not in vanilla game or North Atlantic. 

There's also another problem: keys look "bugged" in SF2 NA, since i binded all of them, but some still don't work.

As these won't be enough, they're bugged also because if i set a key for a specified control, and then i try to unassign it re-pressing the same key on another command, instead of unassigning the first command, it glitches and i can set two or more commands with the same key... this clearly bugged out :stars:

Could you please help and tell me what can i do to "unbug" all of this mess?

Thank you a lot guys, i appreciate your help so much

27 minutes ago, JamesWilson said:

After a crash, my Strike Fighters 2 Europe keys appear all set as unassigned.

There's no way i can set 'em.

Even if i bind them, they still be unassigned.

I EVEN TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, and they are STILL all unassigned...

I seriously have no idea of what to do, since this happened only in Europe and not in vanilla game or North Atlantic. 

There's also another problem: keys look "bugged" in SF2 NA, since i binded all of them, but some still don't work.

As these won't be enough, they're bugged also because if i set a key for a specified control, and then i try to unassign it re-pressing the same key on another command, instead of unassigning the first command, it glitches and i can set two or more commands with the same key... this clearly bugged out :stars:

Could you please help and tell me what can i do to "unbug" all of this mess?

Thank you a lot guys, i appreciate your help so much

I just found out that the only game where these "key bugs" do not happen is the vanilla SF2, where all keys are assigned and if i press an already used key to another command, the key sets and the one before unassigns, instead of "double setting" the same key for two different commands. These things apparently do not happen to me just in the base game... is there any way i can copy the controls files from base game directory to Europe and North Atlantic?  Would it work or they'll still be bugged (like in NA) and unassigned (like in Europe)?  Thank you very much :)

Edited by JamesWilson

If you buy all five games you don't need to use more than one specific game, you can use one game and it'll have the content of the other games available. Probably you're having the issue because you're doing that, you're confusing the game itself with the keybinding and joystick mapping. 

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

Have you tried deleting the default.ini file in your controls folder?

It will rebuild it self to default.ini when you restart the game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

If you buy all five games you don't need to use more than one specific game, you can use one game and it'll have the content of the other games available. Probably you're having the issue because you're doing that, you're confusing the game itself with the keybinding and joystick mapping. 

What you mean i'm confusing

I don't have the content of NA or Europe into my base game, i need to switch to them if i wanna fly the Tomcat or the Eagle for example

Only my base game controls mappings "work" properly

That's weird, it should be available regardless of what game you play.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EricJ said:

That's weird, it should be available regardless of what game you play.

Maybe that's because i install all five games in separate directories?

Should i install them all in one?

That could be the reason why you're having to do that. Install all in the same directory and then just use one game to play. It'll automatically "sense" the other content from the games and then you'll have a merged game.

47 minutes ago, EricJ said:

That could be the reason why you're having to do that. Install all in the same directory and then just use one game to play. It'll automatically "sense" the other content from the games and then you'll have a merged game.

roger that

Thanks

By default  -- as has been stated over and over to many people....

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SF2 SERIES MERGES WITH EVER OTHER ONE UPON INSTALLATION. THIS INCLUDES AND PURCHASED DLCs.

This means that everything from each individual executable will be / is available in every single one. (example: you can acess the VietnamSEA terrain from withing the SF2I  game)

You can only create seperate mods folders for the individual games (ie, SF2, SF2I, SF2NA, etc)  by running each individual executable (SF2I.exe, SF2E.exe, etc). This creates the individual games, although, again, all things from all games are accessable from within each one

You have to start exploring your machine, and start finding the mods folders. Until that happens, there's not a lot we can do

14 minutes ago, Wrench said:

By default  -- as has been stated over and over to many people....

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SF2 SERIES MERGES WITH EVER OTHER ONE UPON INSTALLATION. THIS INCLUDES AND PURCHASED DLCs.

This means that everything from each individual executable will be / is available in every single one. (example: you can acess the VietnamSEA terrain from withing the SF2I  game)

You can only create seperate mods folders for the individual games (ie, SF2, SF2I, SF2NA, etc)  by running each individual executable (SF2I.exe, SF2E.exe, etc). This creates the individual games, although, again, all things from all games are accessable from within each one

You have to start exploring your machine, and start finding the mods folders. Until that happens, there's not a lot we can do

Thank you very much

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Capt_McFly
      I'll be quick and straight to the point y want to have all in a hdd even the mods so I whent to the options.ini and change the destination, but every time I lunch the game it creates a new file in saved games.
    • By MigBuster

The ODS Dev team is proud to announce the second official release of Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary Edition, now reaching version 0.9.5.
      Six months had passed since the first release of January 17th 2021, six months in which the development team did not rest, producing a wealth of tweaks, bug fixes and exclusive, brand new additions to this comprehensive package. Unwanted bugs found their way in the January release, due to time constraints and the team wanting to meet the deadline in time for the 30th anniversary of this historic operation. Now we offer a much more refined and expanded experience, with quality of life improvements and welcome bonuses. Be sure to read the massive (albeit summarized) change log (Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary Edition - Early Access) to learn more about all of the efforts that went into this new release.

The package is free for download to all official Modders and Subscribers of the site. Those whose 2021 6-month subscription plans expired have been granted access to the package at no extra cost. Users who acquired the mod via a 1-month subscription plan will have to renew it for access to this brand new release. CombatACE.com admins thank you for your support towards the monthly costs of the site.

From the Official announcement: 

• By Eagle114th

View File Screen Overhaul - (1920 x 1080)
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

Submitter Eagle114th Submitted 05/18/2021 Category Menus  
    • By Eagle114th
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I need help to change the date in "single mission" in the amazing ODS (Operation Desert Storm) mod for SF2
      It lets me choose between years 1990-1991-1992
      As soon as i end a mission and, for example, i get a medal or an award, it ofc says the date the sortie has been done...
      The problem is: since i can only choose the year, and not the month in mission menu, the date is randomically chose (for example i very often get months like august or december, even if the war had been fought only between the second half of January and February 1991, not any other month)
      How can i choose the month and day i want to fly for a single mission? So that i can choose the actual days the war happened instead of random 1991 months?
      I hope i explained well and that a solution can be found.
      I already tried changing Start Year and End Year date with January 1991 and February 1991, but nothing happened
      I truly love this mod, and imho it's absolutely perfect, but this is the only thing that "ruins" a bit (like getting a medal which says i flew over Iran on April 1991) and i'd like to fix it but idk how 
      Thank you so much for helping me, seriously 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..