Hello everyone,

I have a question about how to force carrier mission on icelandNA. I have installed many of ships mods into SF2, each time I fly USN aircraft (F-14A '77 as an example), I always take off on an island instead of carrier.  how do I force single mission to always use carrier based aircraft to start on carrier?

The advice is appreciated.

Cheers!

You have to manually place the carrier  on the map  to do carrier missions. There is no way to force it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EricJ said:

You have to manually place the carrier  on the map  to do carrier missions. There is no way to force it.

That is noted.  Thank you for the advice.

• Like 1

UPDATE: I think I solved what I wanted to do. 

This is what I did:

I copied both IcelandNA folder and groundobjects folders from SF2:NA Expanded campaign mod and pasted them into my modded SF2 main directory.

NOTE: DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT overwrite icelandNA terrain with the new one.  Instead, erase the IcelandNA then paste the new IcelandNA from SF2:NA expanded.  The reasons?  I overwrote IcelandNA and got a very strange side effect.  WhenI loaded the single mission, i think I was in a very strange world.  the ships were all merged with each other and the camera were spinning fast everywhere.  I had to quit SF2.   Hence, wiping IcelandNA and replace new IcelandNA fixes this. 

However, now I am able to take off from carrier anytime.  And as for different carrier, I'll use mission editor to quickly replace the SF2 carrier with another one.  This is a success today.

Edited by Eagle114th

that's really odd, because when flying for the US Navy , all I ever gotten is carrier based missions. And, yes all single, game generated missions. From the 1st day of installation

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wrench said:

that's really odd, because when flying for the US Navy , all I ever gotten is carrier based missions. And, yes all single, game generated missions. From the 1st day of installation

It is probably related to the mods I installed into IcelandNA terrain folder.  At least I wiped that terrain folder clean and installed the new version from SF2 NA expansion (campaign) mod.  It is my goal to experience the expanded terrains with the mods that adds a lot to all SF2 terrains. 

I think the terrain main ini could have been missing the line NavalMap=TRUE at the first paragraph [Terrain] from the terrain main ini, mods could do stuff like that

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, macelena said:

I think the terrain main ini could have been missing the line NavalMap=TRUE at the first paragraph [Terrain] from the terrain main ini, mods could do stuff like that

AH i see! That is noted!  Thank you and I will keep that in mind.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By madvad
      Can anyone help me with this campaign for ICELAND02 V2?
      I took an existing Campaign for ICelandNA, edited all the bases to existing bases in ICELAND02, changed the strategic points too, to the same or similar locations on both maps, but when I go to start it, the aircraft/squadron I chose is run over and the game puts me in a random Hawkeye.
      Before I changed all the bases, etc., effectively converting one terrain to another, just changing the terrain from one to another, the campaign started normally without any problems regarding the aircraft/squadron I chose, the only problem was that after a single mission the campaign ended. , saying that the strategic objectives had been achieved.

I've attached the files below, if anyone can test them and eventually help me, that would be cool.
      If there is a campaign already made for ICELAND02 V2 and someone has it, I would also be grateful.
      1986_Cold War_North_Atlantic - Iceland02_DATA.INI
      1986_Cold War_North_Atlantic - Iceland02.INI
    • By guuruu

View File Forrestal class aircraft carrier
      FORRESTAL class US NAVY aircraft carrier
      ========================================
      The model depicts a ship circa 1990.
      Of course, each aircraft carrier looks a little different,
      but this is more or less what the USS Saratoga (CVA-60) and USS Independence (CVA-62)
      looked like during Operation Desert Storm.
      Model was tested in ODS30 addon and SF2 NA.
      INSTALLATION
      Just copy files from [C O P Y   T O   G A M E   F O L D E R]
      to your game folder ;-)
      In [Extras] folder you can find new ship smoke emitter.
      The 3d model, game files and skins are mine.
      Parking spots done by allenjb42.
      Many thanks to the ODS30 team for their help in testing this ship.
      This is FREEWARE-DONATIONWARE and it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      THIS SHIP MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Wojtek 'guuruu' Gorski
      Submitter guuruu Submitted 01/30/2024 Category Aircraft Carriers  
    • By guuruu
      FORRESTAL class US NAVY aircraft carrier
      The model depicts a ship circa 1990.
      Of course, each aircraft carrier looks a little different,
      but this is more or less what the USS Saratoga (CVA-60) and USS Independence (CVA-62)
      looked like during Operation Desert Storm.
      Model was tested in ODS30 addon and SF2 NA.
      INSTALLATION
      Just copy files from [C O P Y   T O   G A M E   F O L D E R]
      to your game folder ;-)
      In [Extras] folder you can find new ship smoke emitter.
      The 3d model, game files and skins are mine.
      Parking spots done by allenjb42.
      Many thanks to the ODS30 team for their help in testing this ship.
      This is FREEWARE-DONATIONWARE and it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      THIS SHIP MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Wojtek 'guuruu' Gorski
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By JPMoney
      Two questions for the experts. I’m playing SF2 Israel, with quite a few aircraft and weapon mods. 
      1. JDAMs
      I’ve never been able to land a JDAM on target. Whenever I release, the bomb tends to sail right past the target. Is there a pod or other feature a plane needs to enable the GPS guidance, like a satellite uplink or something? I feel like I’m within range (usually dropping around 10-15 nm) and take care to fly level. Any tips? I’m flying the F-16I Sufa and F-15I Ra’am when carrying JDAMs.

2. Ground vehicles in Single Mission
      Is it possible to edit what types of ground vehicles spawn in Single Missions? I’m looking to have more influence over what vehicles spawn, for friendlies and enemies. 
      Quick background, I was flying single missions set in the late 2020s and noticed how bare the ground was (no friendly ground targets to select). Updated multiple ground object ini files by extending the availability dates, and that did the trick…partly. Now the map is covered in Hardened Stinger Sites, with half a dozen or more around each friendly airfield. That’s cool and all, but that’s the only ground object that is now spawning that I can actually select and view. I can see trucks and stuff but they aren’t targetable. 

Even if I put the stingers’ availability on Very_Rare, the same number still spawn and there aren’t other targetable objects. I was hoping for some hawk batteries, trucks, tanks, APCs, and other friendly ground objects to help provide more of a sense of defended borders and such. If I’m flying a CAS mission I do see friendly vehicles spawn at the primary objective waypoint. But in those scenarios, I’ll have something like enemy BMP-2s rushing a line of Merkava 3 tanks, and I’d rather see something like T-72s or T-55s than BMP-2s doing that, ya know?
      I can’t find any ini files that look like they’d control this kind of thing. Any thoughts?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..