Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

more Questions

Recommended Posts

Hello chaps time for my morning nuisance call ........

When the Be2C rolls or flies upside down my observer is still standing there with both hands on his rifle pointing it back over my head. How is this possible? Does he have anti gravity boots?? For anyone who has played ROF sims how does that handle pilots/observers being upside down.

Why does he have lewis gun magazines in his cockpit when all he has is a rifle? Can the user change weapons?

Apart from those intriguing questions all is tickety boo at the front.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try it in an FE2 , " it will be fun" they said, "be like shooting fish in a barrel " they said, says the PBO ( poor bloody observer ) or GIF ( Guy in Front ) as he is hanging onto the gun mount for dear life. This is possibly the reason FE2 pilots had permanent black eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. Who'd wanna be a FE observer. Although one of 'em gave the Baron a number 0 buzz cut.

1 hour ago, VFC_Baxter said:

When the Be2C rolls or flies upside down my observer is still standing there with both hands on his rifle pointing it back over my head

Are you mad? :biggrin:

I guess the ol' cfs3 engine has limitations. For instance I'm not overly fond of the graphics when you suffer a minor or major crash. It is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VFC_Baxter said:

And I dropped 12 bombs so far and 32 of them hit their targets!

divide and conquer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly because ever single tiny reaction has to be programmed for every single tiny possibility in a simulation - which is probably impossible.  Hence, it's not real life :D   A be2c upside down?  Are you mad? :pilotfly:

Pretty sure you would avoid being upside down in a 2 seater for exactly the reason you mention.

Lewis drums probably because it was made from the BE2c model that had a lewis gun.  I could remove those sometime, one day, mayb  -  edit OK I removed from thje BE2c early so next time you can see blank wood instead ;)

 

Your 32 "Hits" are because the bombs fragment.  It counts all hits as you often can "hit" more than 1 object with a bomb.  So hits > than the number of bombs.

 

 

Edited by Polovski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your comments guys and I did not mean to sound too critical of the sim Pol. Having a blast flying those two seaters. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Polovski said:

No worries - btw I removed the drums and it's been released just now.

Thank you for that. With regards to the observer and being upside down. I have the old flight sim you were working on Pol, Wings of War (2004) on my main PC and the pilot was able to change planes mid air. Fall out of one into another. Not suggesting that it would be a significant improvement to this sim or add to our realism  :smile: but, what language was that game programmed in compared with CFS3/WoFF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason for the drums in the cockpit was because you were  flying an "aircow" mission. You were suppose to fly close alongside friendlies armed with Lewis guns and pitch drums over to the observer. Apparently you failed this task.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WitchyWoman said:

The reason for the drums in the cockpit was because you were  flying an "aircow" mission. You were suppose to fly close alongside friendlies armed with Lewis guns and pitch drums over to the observer. Apparently you failed this task.

:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2021 at 12:34 AM, VFC_Baxter said:

Thank you for that. With regards to the observer and being upside down. I have the old flight sim you were working on Pol, Wings of War (2004) on my main PC and the pilot was able to change planes mid air. Fall out of one into another. Not suggesting that it would be a significant improvement to this sim or add to our realism  :smile: but, what language was that game programmed in compared with CFS3/WoFF?

Wings of War,  I was trying to push modding like heck way back then, to get a more realistic sim out of it.  We partially got there.  Yes that option was unrealistic but as gamer quite cool that you could leap to another aircraft in your flight when your aircraft was no good any more.

For WOFF our runtime code (AI and so on) is in C++.

Edited by Polovski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Polovski said:

Wings of War,  I was trying to push modding like heck way back then, to get a more realistic sim out of it.  We partially got there.  Yes that option was unrealistic but as gamer quite cool that you could leap to another aircraft in your flight when your aircraft was no good any more.

Ah memories. I had a feeling you were involved in WoW Pol but was unsure. Back in the day when one bought games from a shop I saw Wings of War and snapped it up. I still have it. :smile: In those days I wasn't a PC gamer and had the xbox version (influenced heavily by my teenage son who, thanks to his old man had an xbox and PC and was an avid gamer). RL had kept me too busy to really consider gaming until this point. But I mean, hey a WW1 flight game! I really enjoyed it, arcadish as it was. I had no idea what the modded PC version was like of course and didn't even know it existed.

Anyway, not too much later I think and getting the bug, I stumbled across OFF phase 1 or whatever it was called, around 2006? This prompted me to acquire a PC that could run the thing and join in the antics of the forum (from work shhhh) didn't have internet at home then. And here I am 15 or so years later, older but no wiser, still at it. :biggrin: Life's a funny thing.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Polovski said:

Wings of War,  I was trying to push modding like heck way back then, to get a more realistic sim out of it.  We partially got there.  Yes that option was unrealistic but as gamer quite cool that you could leap to another aircraft in your flight when your aircraft was no good any more.

For WOFF our runtime code (AI and so on) is in C++.

Wow, I had never heard of WoW before. I thought that when you said you could leap into another plane you just meant that you would select a different plane in your flight and you would "become" that guy, but, no, I just watched a video and your pilot literally jumps from one plane to the next, tremendous!  Although I felt bad for the poor observer left behind in the now pilot-less plane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughters and their cousins played it multiplayer when they were young Air Cadets at the local airport and now my grandson plays it. He is the best player and has completed all campaigns and missions. It was a brilliant game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we're :off_topic:I loved Crimson Skies. I do like those "what if" fantasy scenarios of the '30's. I was hoping they'd make an updated version but it seems unlikely blast it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, catch said:

While we're :off_topic:I loved Crimson Skies. I do like those "what if" fantasy scenarios of the '30's. I was hoping they'd make an updated version but it seems unlikely blast it!

Not gonna lie...that's what I was (not so) secretly hoping WOtR was going to be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! Something like "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe". :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..