Sign in to follow this  
Sundowner

Who likes books ?

Is it just me ?  What are your main areas of intrest?  What does your collection say about you ?

20220314_112636.thumb.jpg.a1dfbbbc73c07fdd244481edcb0f2bb0.jpg20220314_112830.thumb.jpg.519ce9735cf94a6f4498e5326ed760ed.jpg20220314_112342.thumb.jpg.5978519ccba4cf2e2a0ac8246860a2c6.jpg20220314_112444.thumb.jpg.6b8882f3c8939811ecd82abd88340ab5.jpg20220314_112548.thumb.jpg.6908d203e35247577161f1537233b0fe.jpg

As I have about another 70-100 in boxes in my loft my collection says I need more space.....:yikes:

• Like 12

I've been buying, reading and collecting aviation books since the mid-1970's and my favourite aviation author is Bill Gunston (RIP). I really like autobiographies by WW2 pilots like Eric Brown, Neville Duke, Roland Beamont, etc.

• Like 3

While I do read aviation books, (they're about 1/4 of my total collection of 5K+ not including Digital) my tastes also include History, SF & Fantasy. If my collection says anything about me, it's that I have a faith in the future, but am not adverse to learning lessons of the past.

• Like 3

My personal bookshelf. Unexpexted its chaotic here. Most of the books are upside i decided idn't touch anything. I photographed as is.

On top I have some historical literature and fiction. Favorite writer Stanislav Lem.

On the middle shelf I have books on programming and 3D modeling and..... Suddenly... a collection of books about battle tanks!

Below on the left are English textbooks, on the right is a collection of my music on CDs and some movies on DVD.

In the right section are various car books and reference books. Most of the books are in russian language. There are rare Ukrainian coins in glass jars. I collect it.

This is all my paper books but i have a lot PDFs military magazines. Mostly Soviet Kind of https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Моделист-конструктор

i like oldschool stuff ;)

IMG-2022031.jpg

yeeeeeeeyyyy.... i d like to read yours:

daea509343.jpg

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 4

nice collections

Sundowner, have you had the WAPJ* volumes since they each came out wayback when? im currently working on building up my collection on those, and about halfway through

otherwise, ive had to go more to digital due to moves, kids, and other hardships. most of what i have still is either had since childhood, gifts from folks now gone or a few new additions.

edit* World Air Power Journal, the blue issues

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

nice collections

Sundowner, have you had the WAPJ* volumes since they each came out wayback when? im currently working on building up my collection on those, and about halfway through

otherwise, ive had to go more to digital due to moves, kids, and other hardships. most of what i have still is either had since childhood, gifts from folks now gone or a few new additions.

edit* World Air Power Journal, the blue issues

I got all the WAPJ volumes after they were published, got them from various airshows over a period of time, all brand new from £3 to £6 each..

Same with the Wings of Fame series really apart from the hardback one( Which was also my first one ) which was a gift  from my sister.....she found it in a charity shop for £1 :ok:,  the rest were from shows around £4 each.....

I got really lucky with the IAPR volumes, found them on ebay  (15 volumes ) for £20 delivered, still need to get the rest but I've not seen any in my price range....yet. :wink::wink:

I've always been a bookworm & spent silly amounts of money on whatever I've been intrested in at the time, be it American cars, trucks, military vehicles......the list goes on & on only to sell them all ridiculously cheap when my intrests changed.........I wont be doing that again..:censored:

I only have 50-100 pdf type books, mainly flight manuals & stuff like that, cant beat real paper in your hands..

You can NEVER have too many books.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sundowner said:

I got all the WAPJ volumes after they were published, got them from various airshows over a period of time, all brand new from £3 to £6 each..

Same with the Wings of Fame series really apart from the hardback one( Which was also my first one ) which was a gift  from my sister.....she found it in a charity shop for £1 :ok:,  the rest were from shows around £4 each.....

I got really lucky with the IAPR volumes, found them on ebay  (15 volumes ) for £20 delivered, still need to get the rest but I've not seen any in my price range....yet. :wink::wink:

I've always been a bookworm & spent silly amounts of money on whatever I've been intrested in at the time, be it American cars, trucks, military vehicles......the list goes on & on only to sell them all ridiculously cheap when my intrests changed.........I wont be doing that again..:censored:

I only have 50-100 pdf type books, mainly flight manuals & stuff like that, cant beat real paper in your hands..

You can NEVER have too many books.

No but all my aviation books are packed away. I don't look at many books about aircraft anymore, when I got the Internets as my main source of information. I do follow aircraft pages and the like to get reference photos but for now it's just fiction ebooks and some nonfiction books my Dad sends me every once in a while.

3 hours ago, Sundowner said:

got really lucky with the IAPR volumes, found them on ebay  (15 volumes ) for £20 delivered, still need to get the rest but I've not seen any in my price range....yet. :wink::wink:

very lucky indeed. i ordered 15 volumes of WAPJ when i got my tax return last month for $55 and he covered the shipping. seemed a really great deal....

until i got them and every last one had pictures cut out of them!

to his credit, the seller was legitimately shocked to hear it was like that. he was clearing out something like 20 boxes of books that were his dads. when shown pics of how they were he gave me a full refund no fuss. it just doubly suxked because he originally had it posted as alomst the whole collection, but i already had the first half. he was very workable and agreed easily to sell the 15 out of 30 volumes i wanted.

so right now its back to pairs at a time

To Whom It May Concern::

If you like Civil War, there is a book out called Civil War: One Brother in Blue, One Brother in Grey by Dale R. Lincoln.

Fatman