Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Multiple aircraft taking off from runway at once.

Poke around the downloads section, as there's a mod that speeds up the interval of takeoff, not so much the ability to allow dual aircraft takeoff.

The Quicker Take Offs speed up things but, as EricJ said, doesn't make your flight take off in formation.

Back in 2006, it seems that TMF got something but I'm not sure that it really led somewhere.

http://combatace.com/topic/12804-formation-takeoffs-wov/page__p__55900__hl__quicker+take+offs__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=55900

This feature is only available in First Eagles.

This feature is only available in First Eagles.

Why Gepard...you sir have just given me an idea...:).

And, yea, it works!

FC

Okay, this is what I have so far:

Lineup

img00004.JPG

Rolling

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

Airborne

img00008.JPG

img00009.JPG

These are all the same flight, only one ini file was altered. Should work for single missions, both computer generated and custom, as well as campaigns (once the 'start in air' bug is fixed).

But there will be some restrictions. I'm going to try to see if there is more I can do.

FC

This is badly needed! :yes:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:good:

Derk

Why Gepard...you sir have just given me an idea...:).

I love it when he says that.

Since the quicker takeoff mod reduces the distance between aircraft on the runway, could an right/left offset be added to the parameters?

Looks like FC is on to something good though.

-S

Well, this is what I've been able to do so far:

img00004.JPG

From the time the first jet got airborne until the last jet broke ground was 10 seconds.

Restrictions I have noticed so far include you can either have jets in taxi slots or takeoff slots, but not both. The other restriction is the same as for the Quicker Takeoff Mod...it won't work for large aircraft visually.

Also, though the jets do more or less takeoff at the same time, they still don't really takeoff is formation, at least, in tight formation.

FC

Word to wise, dont give FC a puzzle and then tell him he cant put it together...... :lol:

Heh, yeah, half the time the mods I come up with are just 'let's see what happens if I do this...'.

FC

FC: Which ini file you work with? I've modded for example GERMAN_AIRBASE2.ini with TakeOff[01]=-10,-1300 & TakeOff[02]=10,-1300 parameter with line LaunchAll=TRUE and disable TakeOffHead & TakeOffTail. Effect: pair of jets take off together. Is it good way?

post-14500-035885600 1295374084.jpg

post-14500-011911800 1295374113.jpg

Michal

• Like 1

Try more than 2 aircraft but don't change the amount of takeoff slots, and you'll see the issue.

FC

Vey nice work FastCargo, that is visually pleasing and may even improve the AI's ability to perform punchy interception missions. good.gif

Is the modified ini affecting all aircrafts or is it specific to a given formation?

That is impressive!

Especially that 16 shipper of black Tomcats.

Let us know how your experiments go. I never upgraded to the start in the air patch, as I can live with disappearing

wimgmen at WPT 8...

Is the modified ini affecting all aircrafts or is it specific to a given formation?

Neither, which unfortunately makes it harder to implement as the mod will not tell the difference between an F-104 or B-70 in terms of aircraft line up.

Realistically, this would be tied to an airfield type, not a specific aircraft or airfield. The best way to implement it would be to tie it with small airfields that only have fighter type aircraft on them. If you can live with 16 aircraft lined up for takeoff on the runway at once, then this mod would work for you.

FC

Ok, so it has some limitations but can be great if employed correctly. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

As a side note, here is an interesting, and certainly entertaining, read:

(...) In case of alert evacuation, all the aircraft of the regiment (or around forty aircraft) could take off in fifteen minutes using a procedure that would have made the hairs of a western security officer stand on his head.

For that purpose, the aircraft were taking off by Zveno (four aircraft) from the two ends of the runway, each in turn. Two aircraft took off from the main runway, one from a parallel taxiway and one from the grass band, all at the same time. The maneuver took about one minute and twenty seconds per patrol. Immediately after, the next Zveno aligned on the other end of the airfield and took off in the opposite direction. Another procedure was to align 2 to 4 aircraft - depending on the width of the runway - at each end and let each group of aircraft take off alternately in opposite directions. The following aircraft were waiting on the taxiway or on a standby area situated next to the runway threshold on the taxiway side, ready to enter the runway as soon as the preceding aircraft had took off.(...)

http://www.16va.be/3.6_les_operations_aeriennes_eng.html

I agree that small airfield and fighter type A/C is the best solution for this mod.

I didn't check what will happen with more than 16 A/C ... :blowup:

post-14500-056306000 1295440342.jpg

post-14500-094667500 1295440389.jpg

post-14500-079566600 1295440410.jpg

post-14500-045189100 1295440424.jpg

So whats the correct syntax here?

I try to takeoff from the following aibase, with me and a wingman. CTD at %100 load. Do I need to rest of the takeoff definitions, and thats it?

[Runway001]
Heading=0
Offset=0,0
Length=2000
Width=45
TouchDownHead=0,800
TouchDownTail=0,-800
LaunchAll=TRUE

TakeOff[01]=5,-740
TakeOff[02]=-5,-700

ParkingChance=100
ParkingMaxSpan=18.0
Parking[01].Heading=0

the most simple solution if you want to take off with your wing man, is just go foward on the main runway a few feet pull to the left or right and your wingman will soon join you. LOL

I started tweaking on my own and got mixed results. I did get my aircraft to start on the middle of the left/right of runway, but my wingman always started from the centerline, then taxied to where I was and began his takeoff.

What are the offset values? What does each number mean? In this: TakeOffHead=13,1265

TakeOffTail=-13,-1265

I'm taking off on the mid-left side of the runway, but what does the 1265/-1265 represent? Is it distance? Time? I lowered it to 900 and my #2 slowly taxiied down the runway and eventually took off.

And on further down, the headings do not correlate with the actual runway headings. TaxiHead[01].Heading=180 ??

TaxiHead[01].Offset=0,1295 ??

I know trial and error, but I'm not really seeing much. I'd just like to get the aircraft to start in a more realistic pattern, then straight behind.

-S

STORM,

All those TaxiHead entries are for taxiing. Only the very first position in the list will aircraft takeoff from (assuming you don't use the Takeoff[xx] positional parameter). The rest of the aircraft will each taxi to that position, then start their takeoff roll. The TakeoffHead/TakeoffTail=XX,YYYY parameters represent a line drawn between two points on the runway. The points are coordinates in meters from the 'zero' point on the runway, XX represents left/right,YYYY represents back/forth. The aircraft will attempt its takeoff roll down that 'line'.

FC