Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ok Let's Start A Virtual "NATO"

ok, was unable to upload the 854 meg single zip .... gave up after 2 hours of waiting.

so, tommorrow, I"ll be putting up the various and sundry bits in 4 parts, more or less. The objects (expecially the aircraft and GOs) will still be a little on the large side, but shouldn't choke somewhere in the pipeline.

stand by for action!!

Couldn't resist... :drinks:

• Like 1

THAT'S where I remember it from!!!

EDIT: zip files deleted 11/20/2011.

They will be uploaded over then next 34-36 hours to the main SF2 Downloads Sections;

the IR2003 terrain will be in the /Terrains downloads,

the Rest (aircraft, objects, weapons, main game support folders) will be in the /Campaigns.

As they are in MANY parts, you'll have to unzip them to a temp folder, and re-assemble the various main sub-folders (in particular, for the aircraft, which is in 4 parts)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Logistical Support Section

"The Maker Gave Us an Empty Box .. We Fill It With Wonders"

Edited by Wrench

Great work there O High Priest of CYA... :good:

Glad I could enlighten you on the Standby for action... :drinks:

Its a shame those F-14's are flying for the wrong side. Well at least someone is flying Tomcats. Have I mentioned how much I really miss the Tomcat?

Must admit seems like a crazy idea on the Tomcat scrapping them granted they where getting on in their years but see it this way at least they went out swinging and hitting hard... though I feel if a major conflict kicks of the USN is going to miss those birds... :drinks:

Kevin you are DA MAN!!!! Thank you so much!!

I should be finished with the Iranian Toms tomorrowish so I'll upload that here as a separate addition since it was started later than normal.

Thank you very much, Wrench/all involved! Just tested it - running fine for me.

Nice work! :salute: Small note; 'FriendlyNation022=Australia' needs to be added to the IR_NATIONS.INI file And the RAAF skin for the F/A-18F http://combatace.com/files/file/11518-raaf-super-hornet-skin-for-sf2-v20/

ok, gentleman (and any ladies) I present Operation Darius.....

It has been broken down into several parts, since a 870meg upload seemed to choke somewhere in the pipeline. (pun intended) However, even broken this way, there are some VERY large files to download............

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Logistical Support Section

"The Maker Gave Us an Empty Box .. We Fill It With Wonders"

Edited by dtmdragon

I think your post here is enough man, the amount of files so far is quite a lot as it is, which is why I'm uploading it here, and not pestering Wrench about adding a couple things.

a small error like that on the nation ini is a simple text edit ... just go ahead and add it!!

I'd call this the 'basic' pak ... but at 3.5 gigs, it's little large for that! :rofl:

And here's the F-14A Iran skins with thanks from Sundowner for the decals, folders are arranged so you can drag and drop. Also is the basic "HAWK AAM" that is specific for the aircraft for those who are interested

NOTE: I didn't realize Wrench made a special set for the TFBs so maybe I'll look at them later and fix the issue as we were working two different projects.

F-14A Iran.7z

post-5735-0-52198500-1321324874.jpg

post-5735-0-98089400-1321324882.jpg

HawkAAM.7z

Edited by EricJ

Just to be clear that's exactly what I intended by the post (for people to add it themselves) hence why I included the link, it wasn't aimed to 'pester Wrench' to add anything

I think your post here is enough man, the amount of files so far is quite a lot as it is, which is why I'm uploading it here, and not pestering Wrench about adding a couple things.

Edited by dtmdragon

Fair enough, my bad... :good:

No prob mate, didn't mean to sound so snarky lol :drinks:

Fair enough, my bad... :good:

No worries :smile:

Good to go on the downloads, awaiting mission.

NOTE: I didn't realize Wrench made a special set for the TFBs so maybe I'll look at them later and fix the issue as we were working two different projects.

I did???? Ok then! (meaning: I called out the TFB names for airports?)

so, what are Iranian Turkeys doing flying over the Port of Long Beach/San Pedro???

the gray skin looks REALLY good!!

also, a note to folks about the downloads ...

DON'T FORGET TO RE-D/L THE TERRAIN!!! Even if you have it already; there's been some fixes/changes/corrections since the last terrain update of a couple of weeks ago.

WOW.

This is all coming out to be SUBLIME! :clapping:

Bravo Zulu.

SidDogg

Dave now that we have the GO code can you just clarify how this works please?

As I understand it we can now generate and fly our own missions, post the results and you will keep track of the progress of the campaign. Is that right?

Or am I missing something and you guys (planning cell?) are going to upload missions for us to fly?

Dave now that we have the GO code can you just clarify how this works please?

As I understand it we can now generate and fly our own missions, post the results and you will keep track of the progress of the campaign. Is that right?

Or am I missing something and you guys (planning cell?) are going to upload missions for us to fly?

Yes I will keep track and depending if I have time I will make some missions for specific units and send them out. But other than that you fly em and post em an I score em.

Guys please make sure you contact the squadron/ship/etc. commander if you're going to use their assets. Stuff like that we need to know so if a plane gets shot down we know whose it is so we can report it properly and keep track of our own aircraft, thanks.

Edited by EricJ

Seeing Eric's posts on Facebook brought me back here, will def be reading the AARs, really interested to see how this works out. I'm just too busy teaching at the moment to mess around on the net let alone get some stick time :( Though it reminds me I need to re-up my subscription to keep supporting this great place. Looking forward to reading AARs.

JW

I'm going to try and get my install set tonight. I'll be gone the next few days for family matters, but hopefully I can start missions this weekend \good.gif

*********UPDATED template with J-10 added*************************************************************************************************

*********UPDATED template with fixed Foxhound and a set of weapons at an angle like in EricJ's screen shots below :grin: *******************

If anyone's interested I've figured out away to add mission markings to a specific airframe. What I've done is created a set of blank numbered decals 'mmnum000.tga' through to 'mmnum024.tga' that basically act as serial numbers. The first one has kill markings on it as an example. Also included is a template with all sorts of kill and weapon markings on it. You will need to be comftable editing and placing decals to do this: Add the marking to the decals.ini file of your aircraft, you will need to figure out and use the correct coordinates for your aircraft as well as the appropriate mesh name. I've included mine from the F/A-18F as an example:

[Decal027]

MeshName=FwdFuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=Left

FilenameFormat=OpDarMissionMarkings\MMnum

Position=5.9,0.30

Scale=0.95

DecalMaxLOD=3

After you fly a mission the Debriefing screens will tell you what pilots used what weapons and who shot down what. In the Roster screen each pilot is assigned a specific airframe. So now you can open the mmnumxxx.tga file that corresponds to that aircraft with a paint program and copy & paste the appropriate kill/weapon marking onto the decal. The mmnum.tga decals will match up with the corresponding serial number in the sequence e.g. mmnum003 will show up on the aircraft that uses the usnum003 serial number decal, which will be the fourth airframe listed in the numbers.lst file in the skin folder (003 is the fourth one because the decal numbering starts at 000). Now when ever that particular airframe fly's a mission it will have the kill/mission markings on it.

This sounds complicated but it isn't lol and it may be to much effort to be worth it but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

gallery_59028_683_252660.jpg

MissionMarkings.7z

updated template.7z

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1