If you look closer you will find a containership next to a cargoship in one of the screenshots. There is also a Soviettanker on the map.

Yeah, I have a tanker and a containership somewhere.

If you look closer you will find a containership next to a cargoship in one of the screenshots. There is also a Soviettanker on the map.

Oh?

img00350.JPG

img00351.JPG

Whow,

Fubar, compared with your one there is only a tiny Containership on the map.

Where to get yours?

Whow,

Fubar, compared with your one there is only a tiny Containership on the map.

Where to get yours?

That's Julhelm's container ship, which should be available in our SF2 downloads section.  He also has a Handymax-sized tanker available, as well.

Fantastic target!

Even better, as the containers fly go flying when you hit that part of the ship

Fubar,

Can you point me to the download.

I can't find it.

don't forget the LNG tanker, and the spherical storage tanks

Nice image Wrench. Is that the new desert terrain?

I guess the gas storage tanks we he had in Germany looked somewhat different compared to the spherical ones. At least the ones in my hometown looked like cylindrical black oil tanks and the top moved up or down depending on the ammount of gas in it.

Gee, what happens when you hit that LNG tanker?blowup.gif.pagespeed.ce.fHzcTT9Ki8.gif

I guess not much in the moment of impact .LNG doesn't burn so far i know.

But i'm pretty sure that it would be dangerous afterwards if there is an open fire and one of the tanks had a leak.

the ship's destroyed effect is set to one of the nuke blasts. They go up like small nukes. all it takes is a rapid release/collapse of the pressure vessel, and any little spark will set the aerosols off. Hence, no destroyed model needed <evil grin>

------

that's Ras Laffan , Qatar, on the Persian Gulf terrain (where the ships are too -- in the included /Ground object folder)

Edited by Wrench

Working on the upload package.  The container ship will include two textures (Maersk and P&O Nedlloyd), sounds, and effects. Here's the Nedlloyd texture at night, with its running lights on.

img00352.JPG

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 5

One more

post-86717-0-01450300-1395508359_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'm am soooo excited for this. Will this work with the default NF5 campaigns?

Havn't tested it with the Nato mod here but eburger wanted to check this.

He can say more.

It's out now.

If you havn't dl it already then get it.

Now it's time to talk about the Version 1.1 update.

Btw: Ravenclaw asked about Julhelms? Winterhard texture set. Once done it will be a seperate dl.

Please post bugs, ideas suggestions here.

Hi Rends, i love this work!!! Would you and your team put the airbase that not apear (Netherlands, Belgium, Demmark and France) Thanks

Folks:

Since the question has been asked, let me answer it: no, this terrain is not compatible with NF5 campaigns right "out of the box." The NF5 version of the GermanyCE terrain adds a number of target areas, including new air bases that are used in the campaigns. In fact, the NF5 TARGETS.INI is larger than the one in this new version of the terrain. As this new version doesn't have those air bases or other new target areas, it won't work with the NF5 campaigns.

I am going to be looking into combining the two versions of the terrain, but this will take some time, as a large number of files have to be sorted and several critical INIs merged.

Eric Howes

Hi Rends, i love this work!!! Would you and your team put the airbase that not apear (Netherlands, Belgium, Demmark and France) Thanks

Sorry there are plans doing this.

Where is Gerwin field?

Try a red Field airfield

Folks:

Since the question has been asked, let me answer it: no, this terrain is not compatible with NF5 campaigns right "out of the box." The NF5 version of the GermanyCE terrain adds a number of target areas, including new air bases that are used in the campaigns. In fact, the NF5 TARGETS.INI is larger than the one in this new version of the terrain. As this new version doesn't have those air bases or other new target areas, it won't work with the NF5 campaigns.

I am going to be looking into combining the two versions of the terrain, but this will take some time, as a large number of files have to be sorted and several critical INIs merged.

Eric Howes

Hm, that might be difficult. Version 1.0 should not be seen as final version.

It's still a project in work. Nato fighters has to be updated everytime i release an updated version of the Germany terrain if it wants to be compatible.

Rends:

Well, then I will hold off until you have a version that you think might resemble a "final" version (barring, of course, the occasional small update or patch).

Until then, I would recommend that users simply set up your version of the terrain as an alternate GermanyCE terrain (different folder name, with the key INIs and the HFD and TFD files matching the folder name) and fly single missions using that terrain. For campaigns, continue to use the default NF5 version of the terrain.

Eric Howes

Or more easier just install both terrains and rename the GermanyCE folders.

If you want to fly a NF5 campaign using the Germany terrain that comes with the NF5 mod your install could look like this:

GermanyCE (contains the NF5 terrain)

GermanyCE_whatever (contains my new terrain)

If you want to fly over the new terrain rename the Nato version and the new one back to GermanyCE.

The only drawback is that you can't switch terrains ingame.