Wonder how the tree size could be different ?

The trees are part of the terrain tile. And the tile doesn't change.

It's just the .tga that will be replaced if you select a different season.

Maybe Stary can tell more...

you mean the 3d objects built in to the TOD. THOSE maybe off scale on those particular seasons (it's happened before!)

Rends, i was thinking, would you adapt your work to the sweden map? This would work with minor adjustments, right?

you mean the 3d objects built in to the TOD. THOSE maybe off scale on those particular seasons (it's happened before!)

Hm, can you tell me more please?

Rends, i was thinking, would you adapt your work to the sweden map? This would work with minor adjustments, right?

I have no plans doing other terrains, sorry.

Rends, since I haven't yet installed it (yah, I know ... my bad!), I can only guess that the TODs for each season are IN each seasons subfolder?

Or are they ONLY in the main /GermanyCE?

If they're in ALL the seasonal folders, I'd do one of 2 things (after first backing up the entire GermanyCE terrain folder -- safety first!):

find which has the smaller trees, and copy/paste them into each seasonal sub-folder

or

remove all the TODs from those seasons exhibiting the "mutant" trees, and use only the tgas in those seasonal subfolders, with all the TODs residing in the MAIN part of the GermanyCE folder.

hope that makes more sense!

Edited by Wrench

The terrain tod files are in the main GermanyCE folder. The season folders contains the .jpg and .tga files only.

I cannot reproduce Fubar512's tree issue in any season. This screenshot is from Winter but it is the same in all of the others seasons. 

post-56847-0-97337900-1397489680_thumb.jpg

My specs:
Intel i7 920 2.67 GHz
Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5
Western Digital Black WD2003FYYS 2TB HD
CORSAIR XMS3 12GB DDR3 1600 Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

I doubt it would have any effect but I am using an alternate ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI. I made it by merging the one Rends included in the "Buildings mod v3" folder with the one from Stary's SARCASM 1.5 mod which I have installed in SF2:E.

I did find this little oddity. Probably just needs a touch up to one of the TGA files.

post-56847-0-19766100-1397489649_thumb.jpg 

I cannot reproduce Fubar512's tree issue in any season. This screenshot is from Winter but it is the same in all of the others seasons. 

LOL, are you serious?  If that T-34 is the correct-to-scale height, then those trees in the background of the first image must be 150+ feet tall.

LOL, are you serious?  If that T-34 is the correct-to-scale height, then those trees in the background of the first image must be 150+ feet tall.

Maybe I was mistaken but it felt right to me at the time. I guess I was thinking of some of the pictures I have seen of German Panzers being towered over by trees in the Ardennes.

soft_field_ardennes_3.jpg

Comparing my picture to yours it looks like your trees have trunks six time as big around as the tank's gun barrel while the ones in my picture above look to have trunks about the same to twice the diameter of the tanks gun. Now that I am double checking the telephone poles in contrast to the buildings are also too large as well.     

You are not next to those trees, so how can you call that a valid comparison? A T-34 should be just over 8 feet tall.

You are not next to those trees, so how can you call that a valid comparison? A T-34 should be just over 8 feet tall.

Okay, I took closer look. Here is a T-55 in trees. If the T-55 is 2.4m (7.87ft) high and 6.45m (21.16ft) long then the tree is about or a little under 50ft tall in this case. 

post-56847-0-54954800-1397497609_thumb.jpg

post-56847-0-82447500-1397497674_thumb.jpg

More pictuers.

T-55_In_Trees.7z

To be honest, it seems like you guys are getting a little picky.  It's not an armor sim.  Trees in flight sims are often over sized, otherwise you would need too many objects to fill out a forest.  As long as they look OK from the air and help to convey a sense of speed and altitude, I'd say they're fine.

Okay, I took closer look. Here is a T-55 in trees. If the T-55 is 2.4m (7.87ft) high and 6.45m (21.16ft) long then the tree is about or a little under 50ft tall in this case. 

That's better.

To be honest, it seems like you guys are getting a little picky.  It's not an armor sim.  Trees in flight sims are often over sized, otherwise you would need too many objects to fill out a forest.  As long as they look OK from the air and help to convey a sense of speed and altitude, I'd say they're fine.

That statement is at odds with itself, as it is trying to reinforce a fallacy.  The larger the object, the lower the density, the less of an impression of speed. Sorry, but that's a fact, not an impression.

And it's not simply a case of it "not being an armor sim".  It kills immersion when things appear to be out of proportion.

Here are some common treetypes in europe:

Beech up to 40 m (120ft)

Oak 20-40m (60-120ft)

Maple 20-30m (60-90ft)

Since i can't measure the height ingame i dunno which one you find oversized nor have i an idea how to change the seaon height.

I must admit i never noticed it.

DEAR GOD. we are really rivet counting tree species!?!?!?!?!?!?! :biggrin:

You sir,  are clearly barking up the wrong tree  :biggrin:

That statement is at odds with itself, as it is trying to reinforce a fallacy.  The larger the object, the lower the density, the less of an impression of speed. Sorry, but that's a fact, not an impression.

While that is not what I meant or was trying to do, I can see how it may look that way.

My point was simply that (IMO) the trees are there so things look "nice" from the cockpit of the airplane.  That means small enough so they convey a sense of speed, dense forests, and look to scale from the cockpit, but large enough to allow for acceptable performance.  IMO, if you have to zoom in on a tank to see that they are out of proportion, there may not really be an issue.  If they look out of proportion from the cockpit of an aircraft while it's at whatever altitude it would fight at while moving at whatever speed it fights at, then, yes, there may be a size issue.

It's a preference thing.  I have no issue with someone resizing the trees so they are closer to scale.  My comment was meant to be more along the lines of what DaddyAirplanes said.  I guess it's a good sign that we have modded this game to the point that we are now concerned about tree scale down to the meter.

LOL, we might as well as every other aspect of the SF series has been picked to the bone time and time again.

Rends, seriously though I'm not losing sleep over the size of the trees, you and the team have done a fantastic job... Keep it up.

if the trees are all what causes commotion i would say this is whining at a very high level :lol: 

i think Rends  did an excellent job

• Like 2

I merged this outstanding work with my NF5 campaigns, with a few edits and works perfect, its really great fly around the new targets areas (if the flak don't shoot me), my trees appears normal but i usually try to avoid the trees

• Like 1

I merged this outstanding work with my NF5 campaigns, with a few edits and works perfect, its really great fly around the new targets areas (if the flak don't shoot me), my trees appears normal but i usually try to avoid the trees

Yes please. Share with us!

If the NF creators and Rend's team don't have any trouble, i put it, but its highly edited, i change the names of most of the airbases, to appears with his (i think) properly name, this change its reflected in the campaigns.