Sheriff001

US Coast Guard drug interdiction

An old friend sent me this .During the early 80s, the USCG were allocated a number of recently retired F-4s to aid their anti-drug program. Their ex-USN crews were ordered to intercept, and either force to land, or destroy drug smuggling aircraft. It is believed that this F-4 was photographed shooting down a drug-laden Rockwell Aero Commander over the Gulf of Mexico.

post-79989-0-26120600-1459511395_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice, Sheriff001!  I just can't wait to read some of the comments on this photo... 

• Like 1

Would the F35 be able to perform the same mission ?

Very pretty it is too ! US coastguard sheme suits the Pantom just nice, but then the Phantom looks good in any scheme.

An old friend sent me this .During the early 80s, the USCG were allocated a number of recently retired F-4s to aid their anti-drug program. Their ex-USN crews were ordered to intercept, and either force to land, or destroy drug smuggling aircraft. It is believed that this F-4 was photographed shooting down a drug-laden Rockwell Aero Commander over the Gulf of Mexico.

attachicon.gifUSCG F-4B.jpg

I am well aware of the massive drugs trade which is taking place across the US \ Mexico border and that this trade just grows year on year. I think it is well justified to shoot down or destroy any drug smuggling aircraft, ships or trucks which are bringing this poison into America. Don't bother with trying to spare the lives of the drug smugglers, just hit them hard and destroy them.  

• Like 1

Do we have a coast guard skin for the f-4 for thirdwire sf series?

Do we have a coast guard skin for the f-4 for thirdwire sf series?

We do now, once the admins allow the mod.

I'm kinda not buying this April Fool's day post....

Law enforcement mission creep...

this is my surprised face

giphy.gif

Nice work on the screenshot filters to make it look aged. Still see some aliasing though which instantly gives it away.

Nice work on the screenshot filters to make it look aged. Still see some aliasing though which instantly gives it away.

Aliasing is due to the use of an early 90's scanner  :blowup:  :grandpa:

• Like 1

Does it create LOD textures for the pictures too, resulting in numbers on the nose and tail for the close plane but not the farther one? :biggrin:

Does it create LOD textures for the pictures too, resulting in numbers on the nose and tail for the close plane but not the farther one? :biggrin:

No, there is an obvious explanation to this :

When the farther F4 was built, it was very late and on the eve of thank's giving, therefore the workers wanted to finish early, therefore it is less detailed 

• Like 1