About This File
The F-4M Phantom II for the Royal Australian Air Force.
There are three versions of the F-4M in this mod.
- TK's F-4M: This is intended as a strike aircraft (but is capable in all roles). In this scenario, it was operated by 2 Squadron, 12 Squadron, and 460 Squadron. It comes in the SEA colour scheme, a Green/Grey RAF-style scheme, and an overall olive drab (as on the CF-104).
- TK's F-4M (75): This is an interceptor operated by 3 Squadron, 30 Squadron, and 458 Squadron. It comes in an ADC Grey scheme, a wrap-around SEA scheme, the Euro 1 scheme, and a wrap-around Green/Grey RAF-style scheme.
- TK's F-4M (80): Again, this is an interceptor operated by 3, 30, and 458 Squadrons. It comes in the grey scheme worn by RAF Phantoms near the end of their service lives, Euro 1, a wrap-around Green/Grey RAF-style scheme, and a wrap-around SEA scheme. Low-visibility national markings are provided for the grey scheme.
I have taken the SF2 Realism Mod SquadronList.ini and added 12, 30, 458, and 460 Squadrons to it, and numbered the decals accordingly.
The idea for this aircraft comes from my alternate history site. It was first operated by this alternate Royal Canadian Navy in 1968.
The RAAF's primary strike aircraft for the sixties was the F-105 Thunderchief. During the Vietnam War, the RAAF used its Thunderchiefs to strike targets of strategic importance to the Saigon Fascist regime. However, German air defences in South Vietnam had taken their toll on the Thuds. With the F-111C suffering serious delays, the RAAF took what was available, the F-4 Phantom. This aircraft had just been introduced by the Royal Australian Navy. In Vietnam, the Phantom enjoyed a high level of success, and showed its multi-role capacity.
With the delivery of the F-111s, and their work up to full operational capability, the RAAF needed to find a mission for its Phantoms, or a buyer. The RAAF recommended early replacement of the F-106 Delta Dart. The Government accepted this option, and the F-4M served as Australia's air defender until the early 1990s.
The wikia article for the aircraft itself is found here:
- Copy the contents of the Objects folder into the Objects folder inside your mod folder.
- Copy the contents of the PilotData folder into the PilotData folder of your mods folder.
- TK: F-4M from the SF2: Europe.
- Ravenclaw_007: F-4E templates, F-4B templates, high resolution AIM-7
- Sundowner: F-4E templates, F-4B templates
- Spinners: Green/Grey F-4M skins
- Dave, HomeFries and the SF2 Realism Mod team: SquadronList.ini
What's New in Version 2.1 See changelog
- - Rail launched Sparrow missiles.
- - EMI reconnaissance pod with USAF attachment type
- - Auscam skin for F-4M-75 and F-4M-80
- - New SEA skin for F-4M. The old skin was an F-4C skin with Spey nozzles. The new skin takes the camouflage from Ravenclaw_007's F-4E templates and combines it with Sundowner's F-4B template, and Spey nozzles.