About This File
A-4E (65) Skyhawk, VA-163 'Saints' Vietnam 1967-1968 Skinpack by Nyghtfall v1.1
*** SF2V required for A-4E_65-model, tested in full 5-merged installation ***
The skin represents A-4Es from VA-163 'Saints' betwenn June 1967 and January 1968 aboard the carrier USS Oriskany in Vietnam.
BuNo are correct for this squadron, but unfortunately I couldn't find the correct assignment for all modex to BuNo.
Modex-numbers 305, 307 and 314 are filled with BuNo, that are correct for this squadron, but miss a modex-number.
- new Baseskin with highter resolution (2048x2048)
- new Decals
- gray rudder for 301, 305, 306 and 311
- a lot of new maintenance markings (a big thank to Soulfreak for the pattern!)
- corrected nosecone
- updated data.ini is included, which contains the working canopy (SHIFT+0) and landing light (thanks to Wrench).
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. copy 'Objects'-folder from the zip to your mods 'Objects'-folder, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'.
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, nice models, skins and some decals I used as pattern
- ZScout370, wikimedia - USAF Insignia
- Wrench, updated data.ini
- Soulfreak, for your decalpattern, which was a BIG help to improve the baseskin and fill it with "life"!
- Blowhard, for the weathering-tutorial at http://www.eaf51.org/Photoshop/Tutorial/Basic_Weathering.htm
- Wrench (also for help with flap-decals), ikon71, Stratos, CrazyhorseB34, cocas and EricJ for your help with the color-issues
- Sundowner (F-105D template) as inspiration on how to handle certain things in a template, as it was the first one, I created
- all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
What's New in Version v1.1
- original release
- corrected colors and nosecone (v1.1)
- added maintenance markings (v1.1)