About This File
Scooters! Vol.2 - Aggressors for TW A-4 and Fractures TA-4 Skyhawks
*** DLC A-4G Skyhawk required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
*** SF2 or SF2V for the A-4E cockpit and A-4F model ***
This pack contains 14 Aggressor-Skins for the Scooter as used during it's career as plane for DACT - Dissimilar Air Combat Training. These planes were used to simulate enemy aircraft vs. regular Squadrons.
Although a certain camouflage was applied often to 1 plane only, I decided to do 8 planes per skin for playability reasons. To difference the real planes and the "filler" I added the BuNos for the real planes in the loadout menu. The ones without BuNo are fictional.
This pack contains skins depicting the following planes/squadrons:
A-4E/F Mongoose without Hump
- A-4E/F of VF-43 Challengers, 1992 in a light gray/gray wraparound camo.
- A-4E/F of VF-126 Bandits, 1992 in white/gray/blue with light blue bottom
- A-4E/F of VF-126 Bandits, 1991 in tan with brown stripes and gray bottom.
- A-4E/F of VF-126 Bandits, 1991 in tan/brown/green with gray bottom.
- A-4E/F of VFC-12 Fighting Omars, 1993 in an overall glossy engine gray camo.
A-4E/F Skyhawk with Hump
- A-4E of VF-45 Blackbirds, 1987 in brown with green tiger stripes ("Brown Tiger")
- A-4E of VF-101 Grim Reapers, 1972 in 2 shades of bluegray with light blue bottom.
- TA-4F/J of VFC-12 Fighting Omars, 1989 in an overall glossy engine gray camo.
- TA-4F/J of VA-127 Cylons, 1986 in a tan/green wraparound camo.
- TA-4F/J of VA-127 Cylons, 1983 in a light gray/dark gray/blue wraparound camo.
- TA-4F/J of VC-8 Redtails, 2000 in tan/brown.
- TA-4F/J of VC-8 Redtails, 2000 in blue/light blue ("Baby Blue").
- TA-4F/J of VF-45 Blackbirds, 1993 in bluegray/gray wraparound camo.
- TA-4F of H&MS-31 Aggressors, 1989 in 3 different gray wraparound camo.
Included is a variation of the ACMI-Pod. For that I combined ravenclaws ACMI-Pod model with the data.ini of 331Killerbees CAP-9 to make it a missiletype-store than uses a build-in rail.
New Hangar- and Loadingscreens are also included with a resolution of 1920x1080 as default and 1024x768 as optional.
I changed the cockpit by removing the radar screen. Additional changes are the switched positions of the Accelerometer and AoA-Indicator and Levers for Arresting Hook and Landing Gear are operational now.
As in dtmdragons original mod, I retained the cannons for playability, although they are not visible in game.
I hope you have fun with it!
- Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
- A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
- Google in general to gather pictures of aggressor skins.
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
If the Squadrons are missing in the loadout screen, you should add content of the "squadronlist_ini_addon.txt"-file to the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free numbers.
If the Aggressors-"Nation" is missing, you have to add the content of "nations_ini_addon.txt"-file to the nations.ini ("<mod>\flight"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free number.
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
- Fracture, Wrench for the original TA-4J Pack and Model.
- dtmdragon for his A-4 Aggressor pack, on which this is based.
- RAVEN - LAU-129 missile-rail
- ravenclaw_007 - ACMI-Pod
- 331Killerbee - CAP-9 from his Ordnance Shop II Pack
- Alejandro - Escapac seat
- FastCargo - FakePilot
- ???? - TopGun pilot
- ???? - J52-Sound
- ???? - 150gal OV-10A-tank
- me - all skins, decals, loadingscreens, ini-work, modified A-4E cockpit.
Please PM me, if I forgot someone!
- mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff!
- all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
What's New in Version 1.0
- -initial release