About This File
Republic F-105B Thunderchief (Stand in)
Uses the TW F-105D model as a stand in with the following mods:
- Removed nose pitot tube and added one to the left outer wing via fakepilot method.
- Data.ini edits (weight, thrust, service year etc).
- Ranging radar only.
- Re-painted and re-panel lined the nose to re-shape it into that of the F-105B.
- Moved cannon port.
- Canopy can open.
- Removed bombay fuel tank.
- Cockpit is from the F-84F as the F-105B did not have the 'tape' style instruments or a radar scope like the F-105D
- Added 'fighter sweep' mission as if a shooting war had developed during the Cuban Missile Crisis some of the 4th TFW F-105B Squadrons were tasked with an Air Superiority role.
- One generic USAF silver skin using stock decals and another for the 335th TFS, 4th TFW that forward deployed to Macoy AFB during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Un-pack and drop into your mods folder.
- TW for the F-105D.
- Sundowner for the template.
- Zurawski & Gunrunner for the cockpit.