Sign in to follow this  

Nice. Is that a conversion of the one in the F-16 pack at Avsim? Are you going to make the other versions (A, C & D) compatible with WOI? I know we already have an A as a stock aircraft, but another isn't such a bad thing, especially with different skin options.

Nice. Is that a conversion of the one in the F-16 pack at Avsim? Are you going to make the other versions (A, C & D) compatible with WOI? I know we already have an A as a stock aircraft, but another isn't such a bad thing, especially with different skin options.

No I found that Netz B and the USAF B here. I may. I was really just thinking of doing those two. I could always update some of the non-Mirage Factory F-16s.

i didnt know israel was modifying such a plane.

It's not like the IAF will fielding these MiG-21s, but the Israelis have been in that business (jets, tanks, etc.) for years...and there are still plenty of customers out there that still have nothing but Fishbeds because they simply can't afford to buy more modern planes, but might have enough money to pay for a modernisation of their MiGs.

Edited by Gocad

Some new decals available at Hannants this week:

ISRA62 1:72 Israeli AS Kfirs. Includes all markings, numbers etc to build any single or two seat Kfirs from 1976 to 1994 in various Desert or grey camos. Stencil data for 3 aircraft £10.75 £9.15

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA62

ISRA63 1:72 Middle East Meteors. Israeli AF T7, F8 and NF13 in various camos; Egyptian AF Mk 4, T7, F8 and NF13; Syrian AF F8 and NF13; For Xtrakits £10.75 £9.15

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA63

ISRA64 1:144 Middle East C-130 Hercules (16) R.Jordanian AF #346 2002; #347 2005; #344 2006; Egyptian AF #1286 2006; #1273 2005; R.Saudi AF #1625 2003; #1623 2006; R.Moroccan AF CN-AOS 1989; Libya AF #118 2006; UAE AF #1272 2000; #1211 2006 overall grey; Israeli AF #102 1973 4X-FBA; #311 4X-FBD 1992; #314 2006;#208 4X-FBP overall grey FS37375; #007 4X-FBN Modified SEA camo. Unless mentioned all are in various desert camos. £11.50 £9.79

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA64

I'm working on a new F-16 Arab pack with the new F-16 MF models and Ravenclaw's skins. I was just wondering if you would want me to use the F-16A Blk.15 or the F-16A Blk.10 NDC until the MF releases a regualar Blk.15 (RJAF used a blk.15 upgraded to ADF standards while Egypt used a regular Blk.15).

Still trying to hammer out some issues with the AI flight control.

Rafael Derby

:good:

Yuri, where did you get the derby from, and how can I get it as well?

I dont remember seeing it in the latest weapons pack. :dntknw:

(Or am I just beeing a $hmock. :biggrin: )

Guest Sony Tuckson

is this an evolution in any way of the Mirage Factory F-5E?

:P kk Marcelo's wip, wasnt my shot unfortunately :/

anyway, he probably don't know that :p

EDIT:

Ok, he know now,im f*ked

anyway, sorry marcelo to published yor shots without my permission :/

Foi mal Mano xD

Edited by Silverbolt

Speaking of Arab F-16s, I take it no one has seen/looked/or noticed this then:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...st&p=138220

Wrench

kevinstein

I've got a mod pack just about to go with a Jordanian ADF (MF ADF) and a temporary Egyptian Blk.15 (Blk15 w/ drag chutes until the MF release a regular Blk.15). I got them mostly working. Now I'm adjusting the AI flight characteristics. They should be up by the mid or end of the week (INI mods only) and will include your fixes and weapons wrench.

Edited by suhsjake

So far no luck on the MF F-16 Flight characteristics. The only problem is the alierons, slats, and elevator flutter when auto pilot is engaged and on the AI aircraft. Anyone have any more progress?

New (old) addition to the IDF/AF. A B-17F would have been more appropriate but some of the internal parts show through the skin, ruining the look.

Some work to do but its coming along nicely.

LloydNB

post-2351-1207447145_thumb.jpg

A bit belated, but thanks to craigbrierley and Sundowner we have an IAF EF-2000 Eurofighter. Any ideas for an Israeli name guys?

And thanks also to LloydNB for his TWO (count 'em) B-17 skins.

The 1948-56 period is shaping up quite nicely.

I'll update the list for these as soon as we get an Israeli name for the IAF EF-2000 (too many Fs!).

(note to self: check the links to any A team aircraft and update as necessary)

Using C-47s as bombers

During 1948 the IDF/AF used its C-47s as makeshift bombers – even after the B-17s arrived. I was wondering how this was done.

Presumably the bombs were dropped out the cargo door. This is easy to model because you can treat them like paratroopers – ejected out the door a couple of feet before they fall.

But how big were the bombs? I have a vision of bombs lined up on the cabin floor before some poor guy, risking life and limb, rolls them to the door and pushes them out. I don’t imagine that it could be safety accomplished with anything larger that 100kg and one at a time.

So how many bombs would be carried in a mission? Ten?

What do you think?

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

The aft cargo door was removed, and the bombs were passed hand to hand down the cabin until the last man pulled the arming pin and dropped the bomb out of the door. That was for bombs up to 110lb (50kg). Larger bombs were manhandled or rolled down the cabin to be dropped out of the door, and later wooden trolleys and rails were fitted to the cabin interior to help in this. These would be for 220lb (100kg) bombs.

The pilot would bank to assist in dropping the bombs, but there were no weapons sights.

A dozen electric bomb racks were fitted under the wings of at least one Dak to allow the carriage of 220lb bombs.

Updated the list for:

- The EF-2000. Now re-christened, or should that be circumcised, the Ze'ev (Wolf). Thanks to all those who came up with suggestions in another thread.

- The two B-17 skins

- Bigal's Chipmunk

- Changed the links for all of the A Team's aircraft to their site as they are no longer availabe at CA

Keep 'em coming guys.

How about adding a Beechcraft Bonanza V for 1948. Two Model 35s were purchased in South Africa and flown to Israel. They were fitted with hardpoints for 50kg bombs.

The model may be beta and set up as a "smuggler" but it will do for now. Has anyone an idea of how I should do the camo for it? The only photo I've seen shows a single colour scheme - green? brown? Wings Palette shows a two colour scheme.

LloydNB

post-2351-1208860017_thumb.jpg

Lloyd,

I sent Wrench .pdf docs regarding this some time ago as he was having a go at this too. Either liase with him or let me have your email address and I'll forward them to you too.

Thanks Allen

That stuff was really helpful. Another progress shot.

LloydNB

post-2351-1209185261_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

List updated a bit belatedly for Lloyd's Beechcraft skin. Thanks a lot mate.