Sign in to follow this  

Just about everyone has one but almost no one ever mentions it.

My fine Republic F-105D Thunderchief is named "Pack6 Peggy".

No matter how many times i've gone Downtown she always brings me back home. Even though she's been hurt a few times she always is a honey. When she's going seriously supersonic on the deck, dodging flak at altitude, or performing her nimble SAM avoiding dance i can't help from loving her more than i do.

Now let's hear of your love!

It doesn't have a name, but my personal F-8E uses Charles Nungusser's markings--a black heart with death symbols inside--under the cockpit. ;)

My personal F-86e in Korea is "Check Six Baby!" It features an appropriate semi-nude redhead kneeling, looking back over her shoulder. A Vargas girl I found. My first attempt at painting on a skin, I think it turned out pretty good. Love the F-86. She's such a pretty bird.

Edited by Heck

My girlfriend's name is Amber.

As much as I admire and respect pieces of metal riveted together, I think giving them "darling" names is a little bit much and verging on the extremely sad, especially considering the fact you're referring to virtual aircraft :blink::rofl:

My girl has no name but she brings me back everytime she's the F/A-18.. sad thing is i LOVE the F-14

My girl has no name but she brings me back everytime she's the F/A-18.. sad thing is i LOVE the F-14

Hehehe, you go with the Hornet, but you're thinking of the Tomcat... where's the film crew from CHEATERS?

Saucy Bettie P - Reference to Bettie Page. I did a decal (not suitable for non-adults) with here likeness, and especially love the art featuring her in Playboy. (Her as a red leather clad devil makes me seek out "quality alone time", but I digress..........

Nose art, women's names, etc. always fascinated me. Nothing wrong with naming an aircraft you are intimate with, besides like Gunnery Sgt Hartmann says..... "This is the only p*&$y you people will be getting"

.....This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine.......

Of the several hundreds of nose arts I've done, there's always 2 that repeat in every set:

"Patricia Ann", for the wife and

"The Wrench" for me. That one goes all the way back to my ATF/FA mission building days -- that wrench-dude would appear just everywhere!

Gascan, you'll find the Bettie shows up in a few of mine, to...especially the Red Devil one, and another in black leather with the riding crop. Check out the WW2 skins I've done. You'll find them. I've a large collection of Vargas, Petty, Soriyama, and many others that wind up as decals on various planes.

Wrench

kevin stein

My girlfriend's name is Amber.

As much as I admire and respect pieces of metal riveted together, I think giving them "darling" names is a little bit much and verging on the extremely sad, especially considering the fact you're referring to virtual aircraft :blink::rofl:

Try not to be too much of a killjoy!

I've known plenty of other people in other games that had no problem with naming certain things. In MW4 Mercs i had a mech called "PigKilla" due to the loadout and role it used it for. I also tend to take things a bit more seriously if i deem it worthwhile, it's my nature. IE... if you are in a band with me, expect to rehearse 6 days a week, about 5-8 hours a day.

Some of us to get a little deeper into things.

:dntknw:

Didn´t get the point...

Point is... i tend to get carried away a bit with things i happen to enjoy.

we had "Arnold" when I was flying the E-4B.

#787 was a bit of a "pig" for awhile when it first came back from rework. So we nicknamed it "Arnold".

but the 55th maintainers did a good job bringing it back up to speed and it became a matter of pride. I think in the end I logged more time in Arnold than I did in the other planes.

true story

Ah,you customized your aircraft with new markings and etc?

Cool.

yes i should be on cheaters....... but my "honey" would kill me lol.... good thing they know bout eachother

myride.jpg

My personal F-15A of the 318th FIS.

myride2.jpg

I put my wifes name on the side. Man I miss her.

Wrench, yeah, I noticed you had some Bettie's in the dowload of your "What If?...." Eagle FGR.1. (The desert, pink one)

I added one of my own, a painting of Bettie sitting topless, looks awesome.

Guess I should honor the wife with nose art, she puts up with alot.........

Hahah.

I thought of some good markings too,but I´m no modder... :-(

post-237-1185346423_thumb.jpgrib

A tribute to the Missus, she was quite embarrassed.....

How you guys added these drawings to your aircraft?

A Mi-24 with the Name "Biene Maja"

post-237-1185346423_thumb.jpgrib

A tribute to the Missus, she was quite embarrassed.....

Your'e a very brave pilot my friend- very brave indeed. I know many a married man who would have faced death and worse for a dedication like that! :clapping::clapping:

She thought it was humorous, (And a sad use of my spare time!), she actually provided constructive criticism, to which I responded "Better that I used a cartoon than to ask you to pose for me!!!!"