Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Most damaged aircraft that remained flyable

I took a beating in an F-4E. This is the most damage I have seen to date (1st hand) and remained flyable. Even engaged other aircraft.

I took a beating in an F-4E. This is the most damage I have seen to date (1st hand) and remained flyable. Even engaged other aircraft.

I've been tagged "a few" times in the F-4 with hella flames in the rear view mirror but in about 30secs kaboom! I was toast! Why can't we eject?

I think I may have you beaten

post-24797-1188234758_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1188234787_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1188234773_thumb.jpg

Lost the right wing, right vertical stabilizer and both engines.

Glided back to nearest airbase where I exploded on trying to land

(admittedly this was on the "easy" flight settings)

Why can't we eject?

You can: EJECT=SHIFT+ESCAPE

I've become quite efficient at quickly hitting these keys :biggrin:

thank you! I'll be needing this lol! :rofl:

A few months ago, after a mid-air with a Zero, I lost the whole right wing in a Wildcat (Solomon Islands). With a bunch of rudder and left stick, I managed to get near the carrier before I lost it & had to jump. Did a similar thing in a Hog last week, but that was from hitting a tank. Was just a bit too low and REALLY wanted to kill it! :oops: Flew it back to base, though. Kinda bouncy when I hit the runway... I never think to take screenies, but I'll try to remember in the future.

I think I may have you beaten

This reminds me of the Israeli F-15 that got it's wing blown off after a colision with an A-4 and the pilot manged to land it.

I got hit with a missile while i was in an A-10. I lost all my right side controll surfaces and engine. However i still had the right wing and everything els on the left side. I also had lost my right landing gear. I was able to get it down but since i had no airbrake i was too fast ran off the end of the runway and blew up. :dntknw:

I know this isn't totally on topic, but I have a good one from WWI. (This is from the book "Legion of the Lafayette" by Arch Whithouse (link))

An American pilot, whose name I have forgotten, had recently joined the Lafayette Escadrille (or the USAAS, I can't remember) and was up showing the others just 'what a Nieuport could do'. After several hair-raising banks just over the hangars, he climbed until he almost stalled, and then dove vertically at the ground. At the last second he pulled out of the dive and began to loop, the Nieuport screaming in protest. At the top of the loop, the interesting noises became louder and louder. "I wonder what is happening," he said. He had his answer at the bottom of the loop, when the bottom port wing broke off. He glided his now-legendary three-wing Nieuport over the ext hill, and there was a distant crash. When they arrived, expecting to find him dead, they found the Nieuport with only minor damage. Not far off, the new pilot was giving a lecture on aerodynamics to a group of bewildered peasants.

Sorry for the long post.

Edited by Longestpants

Flying a Mig-21 against 5 F-4E and downed them all. But lost my left vertical stabilizer flaps, and most of my left wing! But suprisingly still had my landing gear! So I landed at the nearest friendly base after completing my mission. And there are times that I would have failed my mission if it werent for the durability of the A-10!

I lost the entire port wing on a Tomcat from the glove down.

I put her down on solid ground (on the runway even!)

post-2311-1188250099_thumb.jpg

This was fun; got a 'winder kill and landed her after taking one for the team.

img00206.jpg

img00203.jpg

I'll show some of mine as well :smile:

post-574-1188252942_thumb.jpg

post-574-1188252976_thumb.jpg

I never had these thing because I...I... play on easy

But once I was flying a Bronco without wings and in flames.

Ejecting is something useless in SF series.

You can´t see the pilot ejecting,and you´re going to end as a POW.I prefer to die in the plane (HARA KIRI!!!lol)

I never had these thing because I...I... play on easy

But once I was flying a Bronco without wings and in flames.

Ejecting is something useless in SF series.

You can´t see the pilot ejecting,and you´re going to end as a POW.I prefer to die in the plane (HARA KIRI!!!lol)

well, in a campaign if you make it to friendly territory and eject, the campaign doesn't end in defeat. You fly again.

But ejecting over the fuel tanks you just bombed or the troops you just straged is in poor form......

img00025jz0.jpg

img00022jh2.jpg

No ailerons, upper wing, or wheels...landed safely at home plate!

img00012bf9.jpg

No right gear, flaps or aileron...dead stick...on a hill!

img00008ky5.jpg

img00010mr9.jpg

A HILL on a hill...

FastCargo

Can I play, too? :wink:

Now and then I do get reminded of that those Badgers have tail guns not just for show...

post-22093-1188302444_thumb.jpgpost-22093-1188302468_thumb.jpg

Still got most of them to have the mission to be considered successful. Decided then to play safe and bailed out...

Somewhere I think I have shots of a battered Hawg... I'll have to look for them...

Found 'em

post-574-1188307521_thumb.jpg

post-574-1188307601_thumb.jpg

Edited by dwcace

I'm jealous...I don't have any battle scars to share with the group. :sorry: It seems that even the lowest caliber AA round or even the shortest burst from an enemy jet brings me down to the ground in a thousand pieces.

How is this damage possible in jet age? When I get hit, i'm either dead or ...well dead. Didn't think the damage modelling was that detailed. Kinda stinks actually, cuz I never even have a chance to bail. It's always just dead.

How is this damage possible in jet age? When I get hit, i'm either dead or ...well dead. Didn't think the damage modelling was that detailed. Kinda stinks actually, cuz I never even have a chance to bail. It's always just dead.

He´s right and I was going to ask this.

How is possible to have these "small" damages?

I mean,when I get damaged or I damage someone,the plane loose the whole wing and get on fire.

What you did to do these minor damages?

How is possible to have these "small" damages?

I mean,when I get damaged or I damage someone,the plane loose the whole wing and get on fire.

What you did to do these minor damages?

TK mentioned you need to have the Weapons set to "Hard".

Can't kill what ya can't hit... and Vice Versa

Generally speaking, it isn't common to be able to keep flying the a/c after taking a missile hit (or guns for that matter), with the minimum usually being the aircraft on fire, but it does happen every once in a while.