The Tupolev TU128 , the largest Interceptor of the VVS.

immagine38yw2.jpg

immagine40tv7.jpg

immagine37jp5.jpg

Sorry for the cockpit ... I didn't find images of it. Any help will be appreciated :biggrin: .

The same wonder job from ERIKGEN, go ahead Enrico!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mau.

Wow how did I miss this? Go erikgen GO!

After that one, I was wondering if the Russians were going to stick AAMs on a Bear. :grin:

Holy smokes!

That's an interceptor?

Sweet!

I always thought that having an interceptor like the Fiddler was like fielding a greyhound bus in the Indy 500...

Sweet!

I always thought that having an interceptor like the Fiddler was like fielding a greyhound bus in the Indy 500...

It was not a real fighter ... near to an interceptor ... i think the right term was "missiles vector".

Agree with you Enrico....a sort of skycruiser

The us navy got a similar in the F6D Missileer but the Tu-128 performance were much better.....

Mau.

Looking good Enrico.

That's a big mother...SHUT YO MOUTH!!!! :)

This looks great!

So that's the Tu-128 model I researched cockpits for :biggrin:

Will there be a periscope for navigator?

So that's the Tu-128 model I researched cockpits for :biggrin:

Will there be a periscope for navigator?

Periscope?... well... may be ... if you tell me how to sit down in the navigator seat.

I'll be glad to see your search results on Fiddler cockpit ... my friends (thanks to Dan and Maurizio) and me found few material on it and any help will be appreciated.

Dan(triplethr3at) asked me for help to get pics. I suppose you got them already :wink:

It's not about sitting in nav pit. The scope sticks out on the right - there's a picture of it among those I've sent. Anyway I can repost the pic

post-21726-1191686221_thumb.jpg

It was designed to check for engine fires. Maybe electronic warning system wasn't that reliable.

Dan(triplethr3at) asked me for help to get pics. I suppose you got them already :wink:

It's not about sitting in nav pit. The scope sticks out on the right - there's a picture of it among those I've sent. Anyway I can repost the pic

post-21726-1191686221_thumb.jpg

It was designed to check for engine fires. Maybe electronic warning system wasn't that reliable.

The Fiddler in the photo isn't the standard version , i think it's between the TU28 and the TU128-Fiddler B ... if you give a look at the wings of this model (not visible in this image), you see others differences with the standard one ... i'm talking about the position of the external missiles rails not aligned with the wings top fins.

Also the navigator top pit is blind ... no top windows as the standard Fiddler.There are others images and a movie of the Fidder in service without the periscope.

Thanks for the photos Viper.

Edited by erikgen

Yeah, if I remember correctly, that's the Fiddler from Monino museum and guys at the forum where I found it are saying that this is some sort of test variant...

Defending the Rodina!

img00002rw0.jpg

immagine3jk9.jpg

immagine1hb4.jpg

immagine4bi5.jpg

ok ... the ECM of the BUFF took out the first missiles salvo (radar head)... the IR one did the work.

Edited by erikgen

What Whiteknight said! :)