Sign in to follow this  
Dave

New WOI Pics From TK

Looking good too.

Really nice, I hope EB Games, or Best Buy or Future Shop end up carrying this title in quantity. Honestly, SFP1 was a hard one to get a hold of here in Toronto.

Really nice, I hope EB Games, or Best Buy or Future Shop end up carrying this title in quantity. Honestly, SFP1 was a hard one to get a hold of here in Toronto.

Chances are you will be able to download it directly from ThirdWire.

Awsome. Can't wait to kill stuff over the middle east now....whats up with the Scooter's tailpipe? Did it...did it see a girl? Is it happy? I've never seen a Scooter with an elongated tailpipe. Oi Vey!

Awsome. Can't wait to kill stuff over the middle east now....whats up with the Scooter's tailpipe? Did it...did it see a girl? Is it happy? I've never seen a Scooter with an elongated tailpipe. Oi Vey!

The tail pipe was extended to help cope with IR guided SAM's.

From Joe Baugher's website.

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher4/newa4_11.html

During and after the Yom Kippur War, surviving A-4Hs were fitted with extended jetpipes that were intended to make the aircraft less vulnerable to shoulder-launched SAMs. The principle was that any infrared homing missile which would strike the aircraft would explode at the end of the tailpipe rather than inside the engine, giving the plane a better chance to survive and return safely to base.

I don't want to come off as very negative, but other than aircraft (can't we download those?), what does this game have to offer that SFP1 doesn't? Just wondering.

I am going to buy it because A.) It supports TK. B.) It has the conflict all wrapped up into one nice neat package. C.) It has the A-4H which we don't have.

C.) It has the A-4H which we don't have.

OK, that's all I needed to here. :good: There is usually something new to the series in each TK release, but I just couldn't find it till now. Thanks!

I am going to buy it because A.) It supports TK. B.) It has the conflict all wrapped up into one nice neat package. C.) It has the A-4H which we don't have.

Same here...especially for B.

Every game in the series is based off the core SFP1 engine.

Every time a new game is released, the other games receive patches to bring it up to the same standard as the new release.

So technically, if you have SFP1, you never need to buy the later games.

However, each new game comes with: new terrain, new stock aircraft, new missions, new campaigns, etc.

If you are happy with the terrain, aircraft, missions, and campaigns available to you with SFP1, then you shouldn't buy any of the other releases...

Unless you want to show your appreciation for TK's efforts by paying him for his continued support of SFP1.

SFP1 did not originally have aircraft carriers, clouds, 1970's avionics, V/STOL thrust vectoring support, animated water, ecm/chaff/flares, etc.

TK has provided these at no charge unlike the IL-2 series, which always requires you to buy the next game to get the patch benefits.

$30 once every year or two isn't bad for the support, especially when you consider IL-2 series games sold for $50.

I love TK's SFP1 series and want to see continued support/growth, so I show my appreciation by buying everything he releases.

Definately for A and B

Every game in the series is based off the core SFP1 engine.

Every time a new game is released, the other games receive patches to bring it up to the same standard as the new release.

So technically, if you have SFP1, you never need to buy the later games.

However, each new game comes with: new terrain, new stock aircraft, new missions, new campaigns, etc.

If you are happy with the terrain, aircraft, missions, and campaigns available to you with SFP1, then you shouldn't buy any of the other releases...

Unless you want to show your appreciation for TK's efforts by paying him for his continued support of SFP1.

SFP1 did not originally have aircraft carriers, clouds, 1970's avionics, V/STOL thrust vectoring support, animated water, ecm/chaff/flares, etc.

TK has provided these at no charge unlike the IL-2 series, which always requires you to buy the next game to get the patch benefits.

$30 once every year or two isn't bad for the support, especially when you consider IL-2 series games sold for $50.

I love TK's SFP1 series and want to see continued support/growth, so I show my appreciation by buying everything he releases.

Here! Here! Rgr that! I'll be onboard til the hubcaps fall off! And the best part of all this is that the great modders and campaign builders will do their thing and we will have even more great times with this title.

I don't want to come off as very negative, but other than aircraft (can't we download those?), what does this game have to offer that SFP1 doesn't? Just wondering.

the very interesting things are probably those we don't see (et know about) yet :wink:

whatever nice pics :yes:

How about a better multiplayer. A mission builder that will allow players to fly the missions together online would be nice.

How about a better multiplayer. A mission builder that will allow players to fly the missions together online would be nice.

TK already stated that those were not going to happen.

Looking great!

Can't wait for Migs :crazy:

Were the MiGs going to be flyable out of the box? I was guessing we'd have to add them.

Looking great!

Can't wait for Migs :crazy:

i think TK should make MiG-29 and MiG-25 , but i guess he will not do it.

i really want to see the MiG-25 blow up the engines over tel aviv, but i guess it will not happen withoud mods. :biggrin:

I watched this yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8pTKyRBLU...feature=related

Now I REALLY can't wait for WOI :clapping::biggrin:

Ufff this is a very, very bad comparision, maybe you weren't quite into il2 over the years so it seems like you describe in theory, but there were several completely free il2 patches over the years that brought in more content than one(maybe even two) whole new add-on in SF series :wink: Ofcourse it's understandable that one can make wrong conclusions looking "from the outside" and ofcourse TK's team is smaller than 1C and is making wonders for it's fans too. Both dev's are the kind we want to support :wink:

Exactly :)