Sign in to follow this  
Miracles

Which one you like most SFP1, WoV or WoE and why?

I'm thinking to get WoE and I already got WoV and enjoying it very much but I have some doubts on WoE because there are many redundant planes from WoV in WoE which means I won't be getting a lot of new playable planes. And second I'm also interested to play as the Soviet and WoE doesn't give any Soviet plane as flyable(one sided game is not fun :wink: ).

Third though I like the simplified avionics of WoV though I usually go for hardcore sims, I'm aware that the era that WoE covers is more modern than in WoV and I may not like the idea of playing an arcadish game. I don't consider WoV arcadish btw as the immersion is still believable.

Is WoE worth getting? or should I stick with WoV? I hate buying something that I would not like in the end.

Edited by Miracles

Dude, I have SFP1, WOV, and WOE (and First Eagles)...get WOE, it is the best of the lot...and it should hold you until WOI comes out (months, years, whatever, it doesnt matter at least it has a higher chance of seeing production than duke nukem forever)

..., I'm aware that the era that WoE covers is more modern than in WoV ...

Sure, WOV has the F-15A and the A-10, but it's no more modern than WOV. I do have WOE, but to be honest, I'm not really fond of its campaigns or the terrain. To me WOE simply doesn't have the same appeal as WOV. :dntknw:

Edited by Gocad

And second I'm also interested to play as the Soviet and WoE doesn't give any Soviet plane as flyable(one sided game is not fun :wink: ).

It´s no Problem to make the MiG´s flyable...

I only downloaded WOV last night and flew two missions (Thunderchief and Corsair 2) but thought it was excellent. I'd still put WOE ahead of it though as it has the Hunter FGA.9 in tactical camo and markings :clapping: .

After a modest upgrade of my PC I'm really enjoying these little gems and can't wait for WOI - a real interest of mine.

WoE has some absolutely fantastic additions available, specifically C5's stunning Nato Fighters and Nato Fighters 2. Just today, max188 posted a new terrain tile set for WoE, and his terrains have always been outstanding.

WOE has replaced SFG for me - it has by default newer missiles and avionics - more planes including load of Russian planes including some of he older stuff from SFG.

Over WOV you get to do intercept missions - and I think the default campaigns are great - the skies saturated with Migs

The terrible terrain is the minus point - and must be replaced its that bad

Hmmm I already have the Mig-21s to be playable even with add-on campaigns.

I'll think it over. Thanks for your feedback guys. If only WoE had more planes.

woe,i've installed all inside it!

GET WOE! Eagles, Germany, Breznev attacking NATO. It's great!

I have them all, since the SF:P1 beta.

As to the fave, it would have to be WoE, as I was a wrench on the A-10 in USAFE in the early 80's.

It is cool flying out of the WaFOL's I went TDY to while there.

Would like a better terrain as well, but sometimes you gotta just use what is offered...

WoV gets my vote. I have WoE and although I enjoy flying as the RAF I find WoE a little bit bland in comparison to WoV to be perfectly honest. Yes I have Nato fighters etc but it just doesn't grab me the same way WoV does.

I guess it's a history thing.

:good:

I've stuck armourdave's F-105's into SFG and really had a blast last night!

On reflection, they're all good!

Woe offers the most for the least price since both and the up coming third NATO Fighters packs are free the only bad side of WoE is its tearin so check out for some repaints (check this). Unfortunately the its still remains a boring lowland, but that's Germany's problem not TK's :haha:

Too bad the map doesn't cover a bit more of the alps, its really fun to zoom between the mountains whit the Tornado.

Edited by Mladuna

To be honest, although the stock terrains can look pretty blah, once I start fighting I never notice! All I care about is the combat. :wink:

I like 'WoE' for the F-15, but 'SFP1' for everything else. I had 'WoV' for a while, but got bored with it.

Tristan...that is a mighty entertaining avatar...had to look twice to figure out what was happening...cheers!

To be honest, although the stock terrains can look pretty blah, once I start fighting I never notice! All I care about is the combat. :wink:

I noticed...Mr. What do you mean medals havent updated in the pilot record section in 5 years...

:biggrin:

Too bad the map doesn't cover a bit more of the alps, its really fun to zoom between the mountains whit the Tornado. quote Mladuna

....man after me own heart.

I noticed...Mr. What do you mean medals havent updated in the pilot record section in 5 years...

:biggrin:

:dntknw::ok: