Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

My GermanyCE tileset re-paint

Dammit! Guess I picked the wrong day to uninstall WOE. :doh:

Edited by Mladuna

:good::good::good::good::good: This is just so great. Good work Brain!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Excellent work, Brain! Feels like looking out of the window... :good::biggrin:

Hi all. Just downloaded the FANTASTIC looking Germany CE tileset repaint, hoping it would work with my SFG upgrade. No such luck

folks. I knew there was a good chance it wouldn't work on my SFG which has been updated to the gills but I think I was hoping it would work more than I expected it to. Happy flying to all you WOE users out there!!

BTW, hats off to Brain for the obviously painstakingly good work. Keep it up my friend!! :worship:

Amazing job - many thanks - am moving my payware one to make room!

BTW....

No cows?!?!?!?

hehee

:) super work, i love it! and it matches with Ravenclawn's F-104MFG xD

mfgod5.jpg

Just a tip guys, idk if somewone had said this before here.... but att your Videocard driver!!!! mine was running low on FPS, than i downloaded the latest forceware and its running fine now!

Edited by Silverbolt

BTW....

No cows?!?!?!?

hehee

:) super work, i love it! and it matches with Ravenclawn's F-104MFG xD

Just a tip guys, idk if somewone had said this before here.... but att your Videocard driver!!!! mine was running low on FPS, than i downloaded the latest forceware and its running fine now!

is your card a 7xxx series?

so , heres a "beta test" report

1. Main roads seem to suffer mild tile misalignment

2. Probably Airbase tiles are needed ? (or something i screwed up in my inis?)

3. Found at least one bridge misplaced a bit off the river

4. The river color is too saturated i think both in relation to the surrounding environment and reality, i personaly think the old chaki like tones of the other CE terrains is more close to reality, i think most rivers have a muddy color although they do act as sky mirrors at certain angles. Thats i guess personal preference , i am experimenting later with that.

5. I have already started modifying CAStarys trees colours to weld more with this specific terrain more and not stand out that much , hoping it would reduce a bit also the abrupt "pop-up" of huge chunks of forests in distance

6. The existence of treelines by the sides of the main roads i think would be a cool addition :)

7. Some shadows of the original satellite imagery are very specific and tend to confuse sometimes as the light is coming from one direction and the eye expects to see shadow on another direction than the one the bitmaps show plus this way they also enhance the "paper leaf" effect, meaning that its 3 dimensional image printed on 2D surface. I have started experimenting with this just in case i could reduce the effect.

i am way beyond saying that this terrain especialy combined with CAStarys trees innovation is heaps away better than any previous freeware or stock terrain ( i haven't any payware so i dont know about them ) and answered a very old wish of mine : to increase resolution and detail of the terrain so it wont look just like a huge painted pixel when flying low level and also be a proper realistic background against which planes are actually visible

post-406-1205188936_thumb.jpg

post-406-1205189308_thumb.jpg

post-406-1205189378_thumb.jpg

post-406-1205189455_thumb.jpg

post-406-1205189497_thumb.jpg

Edited by squid

Nope, 6 Series

Thats why, 6 & 7 series with lower bandwidth (i think 7800-7900 are excepted) are benefited from the new forceware, (i think nvidia is still giving the 169.2x For sure they are available at guru3d.com) Actually i think what they do is restoring performance back to the 84.56 levels on these cards.

*Comes back from Sinai, leaving MiG wreckages all over it*

Squid this is nice report :good:

I do have to explain some things...

1. Yup those roads are a pain to align, I don't know how I didn't notice that before, thx for reporting it will be fixed

2. Airbase tiles don't exist on GermanyCE tileset, they are instead placed on huge green areas, since thousands square miles of nothing but low green grass do not exist in Germany(don't know how did TK's terrain guys come up with that :blink: ) I had to make a compromise, fixing it would require hand tiling of every airfield, on my list but no promises

3. Yes I noticed that too, however target placement is my red line, sorry guys...

4. As for the river colour, I didn't made up the colour, it's a photo, generally clean rivers on a clear sunny day will appear blue, as all water does. All in all if you set mission weather during the middle of the day and sunny, colour is correct, evenings and early mornings especially cloudy or with rain, colour is not correct. I generally got tired of hangover gone bad river colours so I made it this way :biggrin:

5. Ok, but all questions and comments should go to CA_Stary as he did the trees, and I just included them in unchanged state :wink:

6. Maybe but I like it this way, not every road looks like a Versailles parks and driveways :)

7. I agree with you completely, but this is pretty much game limitation, while down low things will look better without those shadows, when you go just a bit higher on some mid altitude, the terrain will look highly artifical and maybe the proper word is cartoonish. Possibly a matter of taste :wink:

Oh and there are some cows, you guys just need to look harder :biggrin:

2. Probably Airbase tiles are needed ? (or something i screwed up in my inis?)

It took me a while to understand that that was an incorrect tile. I actually think it looks really good that way!

i suspected that you would go as far as having cows somewhere , still searching ! LOL LOL

1. I bet they are !! lol SO glad you made the terrain and i quit my own tile painting !!

2. okie dokie. i may give it a try , still just for my personal fun

3. hmm maybe somebody else with experience in this kind of editing would fancy lend a hand hmmm ........ (btw what was that cloud doing down there? are your tiles affecting climate maybe too?)

4. thats more personal taste than anything else indeed. I am still going to give a try here just again for my own fun (you have just provided such a huge fun of a toy to play with lol)

5. oh no questions or anything, just experimenting adjusting his tree colours specificaly to your tiles. In some other terrain the tree colours i am making most probably wont look right or have the distance poping up smoothening effect.

6. too bad :P i wanted to take an autobahn ride in the new terrain with one of those willys siting on the airbases , not to mention its more fun strafing convoys between treelines, or that the roads are easier to spot this way from a distance :P

7. yeap one can only do so much with tiling. I am still trying also here something although i doubt it will give any better result just as you said. Just out of curiosity

:worship:

Edited by squid

YGBSM!?!!??!?!?!?!

You guys are nit picking this GREAT tileset for a "mild tile misalignment", "at least one bridge misplaced". Is that all you do is fly around and look for every little thing and complain about it?

If he never does another terrain I would fully understand why.

<pounds desktop> Ya'll kill me! :blowup:

Brain32 it's a great tileset as are all your works. :good: You have boocoo more patients than I when dealing with the "rivet counters". :ok:

i think you need a space between "be" and "careful" :biggrin:

Edited by squid

i think you need a space between "be" and "careful" :biggrin:

NO, I DON'T!

Brain32 it's a great tileset as are all your works. :good: You have boocoo more patients than I when dealing with the "rivet counters". :ok:

Hehe, thx :biggrin:

As for the patience it's really a non issue for me, I see where did things go wrong and if it pokes my eye too I write it down for future correction, if I consider it too minor to be bothered with...ah well we have an old saying in Croatia: "in on one ear, out on the other" :biggrin:

YGBSM!?!!??!?!?!?!

You guys are nit picking this GREAT tileset for a "mild tile misalignment", "at least one bridge misplaced". Is that all you do is fly around and look for every little thing and complain about it?

If he never does another terrain I would fully understand why.

<pounds desktop> Ya'll kill me!

Maybe this should not just been read, but thinked of!!!

Cause HrntFixr is absolutely right!

Yes he is. Amen on that.

Now go back flying cause this tileset is worth every single minute spent in air above it!

To my defense, if you are serious, then probably i have failed to convey the point, and the point is missed. I praise and appreciate whats being offered the least as much as everybody else and i am sure this has been absolutely clear. My point is not criticizing but helping and discussing. (*) Nothing but constructive intentions and motives. Actually is the outmost form of respect. Is there any product release policy or attitude in the world that doesn't include bug hunting and beta testing? Especially when the producer has invested energy, motivation, will, talent, time, research, brains, art, determination and commitment to his creation?

Imagine your wife/gf dressed up all classy and sexy for an evening out and you spot a bit of salad on her font teeth. I guess you wont let her walk out the house like that. Because you care. About her.

I am an art director in the firm i work. I didn't get there, neither my fellow designers, or my own, and the company's output got nominated by not checking and not noting down what could possibly be improved and IF possible. I am sure Brain32 is the worst critic of his work, i dont think i or anyone else could come that close to nit picking as he does before he releases something.

And its not guys. It has been just me. What can i say, you can call me Monk if you want.

(*) and discussing and exploring is fun. Ask LexLuthor and CA_Stary

Edited by squid

Brain32, your tileset has taken WOE to a whole different level! I'm spending more time just cruising around sightseeing, too distracted to even look for something to shoot or blowup. This work is absolutely beautiful.

YGBSM!?!!??!?!?!?!

I believe I've already posted this is a wonderful addition but if anyone read my post in the 'Acronyms' you will know that I'm hopeless with these 8@\$% symbols so just what does YGBSM mean?

Edited by Brainless