Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

My GermanyCE tileset re-paint

Looks as good as the Payware set - million times better than the stock terrain - have you got many lines at the tile edges?

Still working on it guys, CA_Stary gave me everything needed to combine my work with his, but it will take some time, I will probably have it finished for the weekend :wink:

...have you got many lines at the tile edges?

If you mean the seams, I tried to eliminate them completely(like with my Vietnam terrain) and currently still can't find any at all, but I'm pretty sure a few small pesky ones escaped my eye...

thumbs and toes all up , ur the man ! ... i had already started a year or more ago here and there a repaint of the stock WOE tiles to 512x512 using as material the original tiles themselves and recently i picked it up again but now , man this is discouraging, i only now found this thread LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL pens all standing down, waiting for the release ..... any news??

GOOD JOB

I've been a bit pinned down with RL stuff but I still think I will be able to finish and upload some time this week...

Edited by Brain32

Yikes I just saw this now. That looks amazing Brain. I tried some tiling but gave up in misery.

I've been a bit pinned down with RL stuff but I still think I will be able to finish and upload some time this week...

Very much looking forward to it !!!!

Any idea how it will work with JSF Aggies motorway bases ?

Aju,

Derk :clapping:

:fans: Wow Man that looks the nutz :biggrin:

I tried to do vurdun from satalite img, but soon found it was way to much like hard work :diablo: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 be any kinda fun.....

Skinnin has 2 be fun and tilesets is just plan hard work!!!!!!

Thx for taking the time to finish this 1 Brain,

hope after a lil R&R U fancy hitting the isreal & new FE sets , But if U dont I fully understand :ok:

OK guys, I only have to place CA_Stary's trees and objects on river tiles and after that check if there are some errors and big eye poking seams, I have to run soon but I'll be working on it tonight for sure so I expect to upload VERY soon :yes:

hope after a lil R&R U fancy hitting the isreal & new FE sets , But if U dont I fully understand

Well I don't know about Israel, Polak has done hi-res for Gepards Israel and WOI terrain looks great judging by screens(I'm still in the process of getting it, maybe not before CD comes out :sorry: ) so I don't think I'll do Israel but never say never, as for FE since I don't have much interest in pre-WW2 planes I didn't get FE so I doubt it will happen.

As for my other projects I have Korea Autumn in high res practically completely done and a secret project that I'm working on using a bit changed tehnique which IMO offers a better look.

I'll post some screens of GermanyCE with CA_Stary's farms and forrests mod this evening so you see how it looks like now :wink:

OK guys, I only have to place CA_Stary's trees and objects on river tiles and after that check if there are some errors and big eye poking seams, I have to run soon but I'll be working on it tonight for sure so I expect to upload VERY soon :yes:

Well I don't know about Israel, Polak has done hi-res for Gepards Israel and WOI terrain looks great judging by screens(I'm still in the process of getting it, maybe not before CD comes out :sorry: ) so I don't think I'll do Israel but never say never, as for FE since I don't have much interest in pre-WW2 planes I didn't get FE so I doubt it will happen.

As for my other projects I have Korea Autumn in high res practically completely done and a secret project that I'm working on using a bit changed tehnique which IMO offers a better look.

I'll post some screens of GermanyCE with CA_Stary's farms and forrests mod this evening so you see how it looks like now :wink:

Great news Brain!

Did you wrote KOREA?! Man thats another superb news for today! :clapping:

OK guys, it's done all trees and objects are in place :biggrin:

I also fixed the seams I had on the shoreline

There's still some funky bug with the tileset where in place of one texture different textures with alpha channels exchange every second or so :blink: but right now I'm waay to tired to even think about possible cause to that anomaly and that is the sole reason I'm not uploading it right now.

However I'll fix it tommorow and finally upload it on CA

Here are just two pics I took from this evening testing:

img00005-2.jpg

img00006-2.jpg

OK guys, it's done all trees and objects are in place :biggrin:

I also fixed the seams I had on the shoreline

There's still some funky bug with the tileset where in place of one texture different textures with alpha channels exchange every second or so :blink: but right now I'm waay to tired to even think about possible cause to that anomaly and that is the sole reason I'm not uploading it right now.

However I'll fix it tommorow and finally upload it on CA

Here are just two pics I took from this evening testing:

img00005-2.jpg

img00006-2.jpg

hmmm animated tiles ... maybe we could even use animated gifs there as well, always wanted to build a sureal sim mod, the kestrel and macros fighters would fit in ... whole terrains switching in tiles waves from europe to desert, to vietnam .... on the fly, hmmmmm

Brain, as for texure switching -check your data.ini step-by-step, the Terrain Editor tends to give errors in output data (probably -old texturelist.ini provided by TW). Look for missing tga files or bmp files listed instead of tga ones. Had the same problem creating my mod.

Magnificent work :good:

Thanks very much to both Brain & CA.

Cheers :biggrin:

Actually it's much less than two weeks, I'm planting trees as we speak, 8 more tiles left for tree/building work, then just some polish on the coast and...done. Hopefully I'll upload this evening, if not then tommorow :wink:

You gentlemen do excellent work. Well done! I cannot wait to take a F-111 through the mountains as fast as it will go. Lifting a wake over the water at low level and blowing a path through snow would really be a neat effect, wouldn't it? Sorta like the Firefox blowing through the Urals in the movie of the same name.

Man this is like waiting for Christmas Eve when I was a Kid :biggrin:

Man this is like waiting for Christmas Eve when I was a Kid :biggrin:

Actually Christmas is normally way after Easter, but not in this mixed up case......... :ok:

Aju,

Derk

By the time you guys read this, it will be uploading :wink:

I have to go, hopefully when I return I'll have WoI for only 30$+a beer or two(extra price for bothering a buddy with a credit card) :lol:

By the time you guys read this, it will be uploading :wink:

I have to go, hopefully when I return I'll have WoI for only 30$+a beer or two(extra price for bothering a buddy with a credit card) :lol:

Great!

BTW. Mine copy of WOI is currently in the way via good old postal system :yes:

Approved!

Go get it!