Sign in to follow this  
Dave

When Is The Last Time You Backed Up Your Stuff?

I do backups all the time. I'm *so* happy that I have external hard drives hooked up to both of my computers.

Me too. However I seem to have to delete and re-install the whole damn drives' worth every time as the incremental thingy does seem to add anything new. It's a real pain. Anybody got a solution to this?

Me too. However I seem to have to delete and re-install the whole damn drives' worth every time as the incremental thingy does seem to add anything new. It's a real pain. Anybody got a solution to this?

I use a little freeware programme called SyncBack....its easy to use and quick as it only adds the files you've changed......well worth a look.

When Is The Last Time You Backed Up Your Stuff?

Never.

Cost me some good mods.

Bah.

:smile:

My current test SF install is over 30Gb. :mellow:

I use a little freeware programme called SyncBack....its easy to use and quick as it only adds the files you've changed......well worth a look.

I use GHOST 12. I makes a complete image of my C drive. Always works. I don't do incrementals. Just a new one every weekend. Keeping two good images. Also if you use GHOST, do not defrag the images.

I back up regulary to my extern Hard disk, learned the hard way I guess, thougt my files was safe at just another partion at my HD, but I had to format my drive completely when I changed back from Vista to XP :blush2: And having one single install out 7 alone which is useing 23.4 GB so far,(not finnished adding Terrains and Aircrafts yet) is to much for a DVD

The amount of time I spend getting the installs to how I want them its goota be backed up. I just copy the entire game folder for each install to DVDs.

Guys, do not underestimate the wisdom of these two worlds: BACK UP

I did today 2 DVDs backup (only TW downloads and my own work), as my computer booted strangely this morning

4GB Kingston pendrive backups on regular week shedules

And so ye have all drunk from the well of wisdom and experience.