Sign in to follow this  
NeverEnough

Mirage III CJ Handles Like A Dumptruck

Was the Mirage III CJ really as bad an air to air ride as it would seem from the April patched WOI? I had completed a Six Days War campaign in the Mirage III and chalked up a decent number of kills, but the newly patched WOI makes me a MiG chew toy. Using a Mirage tip posted here earlier, I could fight MiG's by popping the airbrakes and reversing over the top. Now, they just shred me using my previously successful techniques.

I had pretty much decided I just suck at BFM, but I've been getting six to nine kills per single mission in the MiG-17F since giving up on the Mirage III CJ. I'm flying with Normal FM.

Is anyone else having the same experience with the post-patch Mirage III CJ. I really loved the ride pre-patch.

Well, all deltas seem rather hard to control after the patch. But you might get more out of them, if you avoid combining elevator and aileron input - those use same control surfaces after all...

Noticed another thing - these things (at least Neshers) are not very well balanced. Actually awfully balanced if you carry any ordnance. Flies well if you keep it level - try a roll and it' will resist. And if you flip over and push the stick, the plane with go into a spin. Dropping all the weight under wings is necessary for gunfight.

All the Delta's bleed energy like crazy if you try any kind of hard turn. This seems about right from what I've read.

You've gotta love em though, the IIICJ whilst not the most agile is potent if you keep your energy up. Boom and zoom's the way to go so I've found.

Well I have done something, I would never thought I would. I reinstalled WOI and not patched it up. It broke more than it fixed IMHO.

Well I have done something, I would never thought I would. I reinstalled WOI and not patched it up. It broke more than it fixed IMHO.

Speaks volumes. And makes me worried for future patches

Speaks volumes. And makes me worried for future patches

Why is that?

Why is that?

Well, I own WOI, but I shelved it and did not patch it, guessing it was most due to personal tastes.

So mostly I don't even know WOI that well.

If USAMTL decides to reinstall and not patch, well this is not a good symptom isn' it?

Furhtermore next patches for SFP series will be based on WOI, so that's why my worry

Canadair

Don't read more into than there is. TK said he would hot fix some stuff and that is what I am waiting on. Soon as he fixes it, I will repatch, but my word isn't gospel and WOI works fine out of the box. I still fly it a lot. So please do not make this out to be bigger than what it is.

Oh and TK does fix things, so I am not worried in the least bit. So you shouldn't be either.

Oh and TK does fix things, so I am not worried in the least bit. So you shouldn't be either.

Yes Sir!

:biggrin: :yes: :biggrin: :yes:

I am not asking for anything but a well done patch. If anything it will fuel WOE for the DesertStorm mod!

Was the Mirage III CJ really as bad an air to air ride as it would seem from the April patched WOI? I had completed a Six Days War campaign in the Mirage III and chalked up a decent number of kills, but the newly patched WOI makes me a MiG chew toy. Using a Mirage tip posted here earlier, I could fight MiG's by popping the airbrakes and reversing over the top. Now, they just shred me using my previously successful techniques.

I had pretty much decided I just suck at BFM, but I've been getting six to nine kills per single mission in the MiG-17F since giving up on the Mirage III CJ. I'm flying with Normal FM.

Is anyone else having the same experience with the post-patch Mirage III CJ. I really loved the ride pre-patch.

I flew the Brazilian AF Mirage IIIEBR and though the motor was better than the CJ it still was only good enough for one really spiffy maneuver and you were out of energy. If the real one was a little bit of a dog then the sim FM is probably correct. Remember you can get real spoiled flying around in a Typhoon and when switching back to a early Mirage, it is not quite the same thing. Also, most jet pilots fly with their feet on the cockpit floor except for a few situations, but century series fighters and those of that time were particularly responsive to high angle of attack use of the rudder. Next time you are mixing it up with a Mirage against say a MiG-17 and the stick is back in your lap, move your feet. Hooah!!!!...................a whole new world.

Edited by Jug

If your going to dog fight in this aircraft drop all unneeded stores and don't drop below 400 kts because delta winged aircraft love love speed and handle better w/speed drop below that 400kts and you can get yourself into trouble quick. 1-2 maybe 3 ACM moves if the 1st 2 were'nt really aggressive. then get your speed back up make the migs turn for you and have them scrub their speed. Fake them out. That airbrake thing only works in the movies. SPEED IS LIFE. wikipedia this "Dicta Boelcke"was written for WWI, but it still applies to to modern aircombat.

Later Peeps be safe, oh and..... GO RED SOX!!! :good:

I am not sure where the WOI update is taking the series, but I find myself unable to go back to earlier revisions once TK gets everything nailed down until the next big release.

In my opinion, SFP1 SP2a was better than any of the SP3 or SP4 (current state of SFP1/WOV/WOE) patches in terms of flight modeling and AI...

but who wants to give up clouds, aircraft carriers, 1970s avionics, etc. ?

A lot of things were arbitrarily changed or even outright broke in SP3.

SP4 with final hotfix was a solid release, but some of the broken things remained broken.

WOI didn't fix some of the things broken by SP3/SP4 either.

I am sure the code is so complicated and large at this point, that every little alteration TK makes to add new features or fix broken ones somehow causes unintended consequences.

TK also has a tendency to make a few typos in the ini files, which leads me to two concerns:

1. How many errors in the ini files has the community missed and are still causing some weird bugs?

2. How many other typo errors exist in the rest of the code that are causing some of the problems being reported, but we have no way of knowing they are even there much less finding and fixing such errors?

Good Words Streak!

I think we should count ourselves lucky that if wanted, you can always revert to an earlier patch level or FM. In real life those guys flying the real deal have to make do with what they've got. They can't just do a new installation and hey presto, everythings as you like it.

You've got to take the rough with the smooth. Nothings perfect, is it.

I actually like and enjoy the challenge of trying to down ac's that turn better than mine the ai in WOI has turned me into a better pilot, now i must fly smarter even before i try to mix it up with migs stick and move baby btw i STILL have not been able to finish a campaing without being shot down. I would not have it any other way lol :biggrin: My Karnass has taken a real beating :blink: