Get the Avenger in there instead of the Vulcan lol

Thats a big plane :blink: ...what gun does it use cuz I niticed two of em.

Edited by i90807065

Thats a big plane :blink: ...what gun does it use cuz I niticed two of em.

Well, in Macross the internal guns are "energy cannons" so I can pretty much pick whatever I want to replace them. I'm thinking a chain gun with a rate of fire under 1000rpm.

Well, in Macross the internal guns are "energy cannons" so I can pretty much pick whatever I want to replace them. I'm thinking a chain gun with a rate of fire under 1000rpm.

energyguns?! would be a railgun okay for you?

hmm... i think 1000rpm are a bit to slow

Edited by dast24

WOW Grinch that bird is looking Sierra Hotel!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping: Can't wait to try it! And a gatling gun would be best for it, yeah...

When I was in Tokyo I saw one of these in 1/72 done up as a VF-102 bird in gull-grey with red/white trim. Totally needs to be a navy bird this one.

energyguns?! would be a railgun okay for you?

hmm... i think 1000rpm are a bit to slow

Tried out your railgun, not bad, I'll play with it. As far as the ROF, going off whats shown in the movie, the internal guns have an incredibly slow ROF, probably because they're high output energy cannons that need charge time between shots (or something). Also, while certainly 1000+ rpm is necassary when you have only one gun, when you have two I don't think its as important. I think the 800-1000 range works well. Certainly the Israeli A-4 pilot who shot down 2 MiGs with his DEFA's can attest to that.

WOW Grinch that bird is looking Sierra Hotel!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping: Can't wait to try it! And a gatling gun would be best for it, yeah...

I think having 2 gatling guns is a bit much, especially in terms of weight. And like I said, the ROF doesn't need to be incredibly high.

When I was in Tokyo I saw one of these in 1/72 done up as a VF-102 bird in gull-grey with red/white trim. Totally needs to be a navy bird this one.

Well, I was definitely thinking of doing an 80's US Navy scheme at some point with gull grey on top and white on the bottom.

@GrinchWSLG: thx. i think i can improvwe the railgun^^ i will shorten the tracer a bit an i try to get the tracer in a nice blue^^

when i have bit more time i make a new sound for it^^

i also have a good improved version of the AiM-120. she is good for BVR and dogfight^^

Edited by dast24

The base textures aren't even finished, but I couldn't resist.

post-10543-1210281256_thumb.jpg

Aside from that foolishness, I'm thinking of getting started on the cockpit soon. What I'd like is some advice from those who have done this before, especially on getting the cockpit started. Thanks in advance.

Wish I could help...I'm in the middle of cockpit hell myself.

I suspect 'glass' cockpits would be easier because you could go with 'planes' for moving stuff, and be able to texture entire MFDs with one base texture.

FastCargo

Wish I could help...I'm in the middle of cockpit hell myself.

I suspect 'glass' cockpits would be easier because you could go with 'planes' for moving stuff, and be able to texture entire MFDs with one base texture.

FastCargo

Well, the problem with the panel is that its a single display screen. My guess is that to have individual instruments on it I'll have to create the display as a single plane and arrange the faces to the shape of the instruments, then group select the whole shape and detach it.

I was wondering, should I start a whole new model or use the aircraft model as a base and get rid of it once I have a shell?

so, thx to ravenclaw i overworked the railgun a bit an tested it very successful on the deathglider

railgunvh9.jpg

railgunvh9.e31ebe4461.jpg

so, thx to ravenclaw i overworked the railgun a bit an tested it very successful on the deathglider

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/9897/railgunvh9.jpg

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/9897/ra....e31ebe4461.jpg

Very nice job, I think that looks just like it did in the series.

What I'll probably do is include 2 data files, one for people who want to use regular weapons, and then another for those who want to use more canon fictional weapons. This is assuming we get some of the missiles from Macross working of course.

i heard crimsonroamer was working on macross waepons.

I was playing with them, but I'm busy with exams for the rest on the month.

It's pretty easy to load up a rocket pod with heatseakers or radar guided missiles, and you do't evn have to display the missile itself prior to lauch. The only problem is that in flight it appears as an air to ground weapon only.

What I have so far is a rather crudely skinned GU-11 from the VF-0 3ds model in the download base and an unrefined AMM-1 I made myself.

I intend to refine the AMM-1 skin later and if I ever get the Be-2500 flying on its own then I may approach the VF-0 as my next project.

But just for placeholders, here are the .LODs and skins (you'll need to make your own weaponsdata.ini entry)

Keep in mind that the gunpod model isn't mine, but since the entire model is free for use I don't mind letting everyone have a taste.

Weapons.rar

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

I was playing with them, but I'm busy with exams for the rest on the month.

It's pretty easy to load up a rocket pod with heatseakers or radar guided missiles, and you do't evn have to display the missile itself prior to lauch. The only problem is that in flight it appears as an air to ground weapon only.

What I have so far is a rather crudely skinned GU-11 from the VF-0 3ds model in the download base and an unrefined AMM-1 I made myself.

I intend to refine the AMM-1 skin later and if I ever get the Be-2500 flying on its own then I may approach the VF-0 as my next project.

But just for placeholders, here are the .LODs and skins (you'll need to make your own weaponsdata.ini entry)

Keep in mind that the gunpod model isn't mine, but since the entire model is free for use I don't mind letting everyone have a taste.

I set your AAM-1 up as a heat seeker (using AIM-9M data) and loaded them into a LAU-10 pod. I get the IR growl when I switch to the pod but I never get a lock tone. Also, it displays the air to ground pipper instead of the AA cage but I assume thats a limitation of loading these in the rocket pod.

Actually you can change the pipper manually to caged, I think there's a variable in the weaponsdata

Actually you can change the pipper manually to caged, I think there's a variable in the weaponsdata

:dntknw: I can't figure it out. If you've gotten it to work, send me the WEAPONDATA entry, I'd like to see it.

Well, here's the cockpit at the moment.

post-10543-1210386838_thumb.jpg

Other then moving it around a bit and adding the smoothing I think the panel is done. Theres other bits too, and I'll model the control stick and throttle too, but you have to look down to see those. There's also some bits on the trim to add.

I've never built a pit before, so I have no idea if this is good enough, it seems a bit skimpy but then, the real thing is too. I also haven't given any thoughts to instrument placement, as you can see, the space is limited.

Thoughts, suggestions, critiques?

Ok here goes:

grinchpit.jpg

Edited by Julhelm

The MFD is big will it be mutiplexed, as to break it down to 1,2,3,4 etc boxes w/info, similar to picture in picture or split screen TV? Love the Idea of the old gauges, great to have backup incase of battle damage. Love the mirrors, looks very F1'ish. Can't wait to see her up and running.

Hey Julhelm mind editing the picture so it reads like "make stuff up?"