S'cool!

Prolly the Red Lion. I have hoisted a few there.

Shoot, you could probably slum it, and wander up the South hill and tip a few back at my abode.

Open invite to any CA'ers in town, with just a touch of forewarning, o' course...

I'll shoot some questions your way Spectre, although I'll warn you I like to ask questions and collect info.

Drove 100 miles just for a drug test today, one less thing to worry about.

Okay, so I guess I'll be modelling my pylons and racks from the ground up. Anybody know of some source material I can use to get started? I think if I just go making stuff up it won't look so good.

EDIT: Orrrrr I could just go make stuff up because I have nothing better to do.

post-10543-1223837423_thumb.jpg

What do you think? Untextured at the moment of course. Can't say I know a whole lot about weapon systems so I'm pulling it out of my butt here.

Grinch, what are you trying to achieve...that will determine what kind of pylons are needed (assuming there isn't reliable source material available)?

FastCargo

Grinch, what are you trying to achieve...that will determine what kind of pylons are needed (assuming there isn't reliable source material available)?

FastCargo

Not quite sure. There will be one set of pylons on the wing proper, sort of what you see in the picture, except I moved it out a bit. Those are dedicated to A2A missiles. I've placed another set at the wing root, which is between the wing and the fuselage, you can sort of see the are in that picture above. Thats for mounting single larger A2A or A2G ordnance. Two more near flush hardpoints will go inbetween the engines. Those were supposed to just mount large bombs and such but I think I'm lacking room for missiles, may have to make them long enough for larger missiles. Also possible to put one more set of pylons on the outter wing.

EDIT: Here's what I put together today.

post-10543-1223854664_thumb.jpg

post-10543-1223854657_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrinchWSLG

My opinion, based on what little it's worth, is since this aircraft is similar in general layout to a Tomcat, to make the available pylons a similar setup (ie take advantage of the room between the nacelles). The only other thing I might add is make custom IRM plyons to fit the 'winder class missiles closer together. Also, vertical stacking/staggering works just as well as horizontal spacing...look at the F-8 IRM pylons as an example. As a side benefit, such an arrangement would give the model a more 'anime' look I think. You could even do that for the inner glove pylons...possibly so you can fit 2 AMRAAM class missiles on it.

Interesting work.

FastCargo

Looking great so far! :good:

Okay, took a look at the way the F-14 handled some of its weapon stations and that gave me some ideas. I'll play around tonight and see what I can come up with.

Edited by GrinchWSLG

I can safely say that of all the things being done this is the one I anticipate most eagerly... How's it coming along?

Sorry for the lack of anything guys. My life went through some big ups and downs lately. As it is I've recieved my facility assignement (Spokane International) so I'm buried in paperwork and travelling all over doing physicals and medicals. Truth is, even if I wasn't super busy, I'm not sure I could finish this, the cockpit modelling is way over my head. I was really hoping someone would take me up on my offer to help me finish this but I never got any biters. I think in the end my talents only lie in modelling/skinning and not so much in cockpit creation and flight modelling. :smile:

Anyhow, my previous offer for help still stands. Lets say if nobody offers before I move out to Spokane I'll try to remember to just upload what I have. Thanks for the interest guys, it means a lot. Sorry for not being able to finish this like I had wanted to.

by the way, what do you mean, "I never got anny bidders!?" in all seriousness, i dont want to take away your project, but i would be glad to help

Anything new on the YF-19? With the X-29 out and the Berkut advancing through its WIP stages, it'll be very interesting which inverted-wing fighter will be the king of the skies... My vote goes for this one, out of sheer sexyness!!! :clapping:

Anything new on the YF-19? With the X-29 out and the Berkut advancing through its WIP stages, it'll be very interesting which inverted-wing fighter will be the king of the skies... My vote goes for this one, out of sheer sexyness!!! :clapping:

Not much, haven't touched flight siming in a while. Life is...not going well as I would like, both for me and family thanks to government idiocy and the financial crunch.

I'll probably be taking a look at both those aircrafts' flight data files to see what I can glean from them. The current flight data is a mix of Mirage Factory's F-15, some data I got from the Rafale, and crap I made up. It flies but...well, its interesting...

I think I sent a message to FoxMonter asking for his pilot model to use. That way I could just retexture it to look like Isamu, but I never got a reply.

May as well make a list of to-do's so you guys can heckle me:

Finish Texture Work- Weathering, details, lights, landing gear, gear bays and doors. Also need to make a more organized PSD for the texture kit.

Finish Weapons - Most hardpoints are in place, adjustment of weapon positions and texturing of hardpoints needs to be done. Middle gunpod hardpoint is still missing.

Finish Cockpit- This is the biggest hurdle. No texturing is done. Attempts at the 360 degree HUD were only marginally successful, greatest problem was the textures became blurry at larger sizes. I also have little/no knowledge on creation and placement of the instruments and I just have no urge to do it. Thinking of borrowing displays from the F-35 and reworking the icons.

Finish Data Files - Probably more work here than I realize. Tons of data leftover from the F-15 that needs to go. Lots of data causing frequent crashes because of all the editing I've done without cleaning up the file. Also need to make the flight model behave more like it should. Thrust ratings from the movie are WAY too much for reality.

I'll probably pick up SFP2 soon, so expect any release to be to that standard at least. Assuming its ever released. :rolleyes:

Good to hear it's still alive, Grinch! And hang in there! This thing really deserves to conquer the skies! :clapping:

Wish I could help but sofar even my retexturing efforts are coming out... mediocre, so far as to me not having dared to try to publish anything... :blush:

I hope that it'll be useable in WoE though although you're getting SFP2... :good:

i suggest to make it for WOE

you will have a bigger number of users, so a greater feedback, and maybe a bit more appreciation of your work.

Post October patch it really doesn't make any difference, so instead of it being "limited" to just WOE, anyone can fly it in the WoX series :good:

Post October patch it really doesn't make any difference, so instead of it being "limited" to just WOE, anyone can fly it in the WoX series :good:

Hmmm, haven't gotten around yet to applying the Post October patch, I'll give it a shot though...

post oct patch is nice if your use to the none patch right out of the box game ull have to change your play style and tatics tho

Cool vid, makes me wonder if a "VF-51"(the one that launched from the sub) is in the works :wink:

Thanks for posting the link!

BTW, hows the model coming?

Cool vid, makes me wonder if a "VF-51"(the one that launched from the sub) is in the works :wink:

You mean the SV-51? FoxMonter got it besides his VF-1, non-transformable, but haven't heard anything about it... Guess still having problem with the 3d exporter.

WHAT?! :blink: So its done but cant be exported?

Can someone help this guy! :good:

Well you guys should go thank the Desert Storm Mod team for getting me back into Strike Fighters if only for a bit. That and I'm feeling a little better today since the FAA finally got my psych test scheduled (the right test too, unlike the last two times).

I downloaded the F-29 Polecat and gave her a go. Interesting flight characteristics, wasn't impressed with the slow speed maneuvering. I plugged in some of the main wing data into the YF-19 and gave her a go. Pretty impressive, the positive G maneuvering was very nice. Some problems with rudder control while maneuvering, and spins in the negative G though. I wish the Su-47 team would release a beta so I could gank their values. :biggrin: I'll have a chat tonight with my good friend who's an aeronautical engineer with Cessna, see if he can help me sort out some of this aerodynamics mess. It still escapes me how and where these Sunday modders get their aerodynamic data from.

I also went to work cleaning up the .ini file. Removed most of the troublesome stuff and found items I had missed. Lots of stuff still there that needs to be reworked or removed but I think I eliminated the stuff that was making the game crash. At least I was able to exit a mission without it crashing.

Does anyone know how to make the aircraft accept generic fuel tanks? I think the YF-19 will carry enough fuel internally ala F-35, but I'd like the option to be there. I thought setting FT on a hardpoint would do the trick but no tanks show up in the list.

Finally, this is by no means a new feature, its been there since before texturing, but I love seeing it work in game. Its probably because I figured out how to do it on my own that I'm so proud of it. Anyway, I thought I'd show off some of the vectoring effects, you can also see the canard movement as well.

gallery_10543_38_252868.jpg

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,ARM,LGB,EOGR

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=Right_Fuel

PylonMass=72.58

PylonDragArea=0.02

FuelTankName=F16WTank

Taken from the F-16XL data.ini

You have to put this in to specify what tank you're going to use, and only one.

And looking awesome man :good: