Sign in to follow this  
kct

Simulation of HDR/Bloom effects

Took some screenshots of how the bloom effect works with the adjusted textureset files that you recomended. Pretty much, things were able to be lit up by sunlight quite well. In some cases sometimes too much. But overall, the visuals are pretty much dazzeling.

Metal seems to refelct quite well here on the Eagel...

bloomfx-5.jpg

...as well on the Fulcrum...

bloomfx-3.jpg

...really well on the Fulcrum.

bloomfx-4.jpg

The metal skin on the Eagle stands out better from a distance...

bloomfx-1.jpg

...maybe too much.

bloomfx-2.jpg

Those aircraft are not classical heavy metal, should they shine like that?

Server::

The metal skin on the Eagle stands out better from a distance...

:

:

...maybe too much.

thumbs.gif

The two observations seem contradictory yet both are correct. This is because computer monitors cannot even start to model the brightness depth of the real world. When direct sunlight or its mirror or "metal" reflection is present, we are trying to deal with something having far greater brightness intensity than anything else in view (with one exception). So you have to choose between...

(1) Long distance image modelling which attempts to capture what you see at combat distances, and...

(2) Closeup static cameo screenshots popular in the gaming review rags and on combat flight The Sims webboards.

I generally choose (1), but try to get (2) when both are possible.

For long distance visibility of shine, reduce sky and terrain brightness. Then aircraft stand out like sparks in the distance when they directly reflect sunlight, as they should. This is for classical metal, not flat paints (???). The only thing relevant to simming I can think of that competes with, in fact far exceeds, the brightness intensity of direct sunlight and its mirror reflection is nucular fireball pulse.

---

um...thinking again...welding arcs have high brightness intensity also. But that may be more relevant to an aircraft manufacturing simulator. :wink:

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Cool fix geoff. So does BloomPowerDay determine how bright objects are during the day?

BloomPowerDay seems to determine the amount of light bloom around bright objects during the day, e.g. the sun, clouds, the horizon and even the amount of haze. With the settings that I posted above, which are very similar to those I use in FS2004 you will get an increased sense of depth and luminosity, and some objects (see the silver MiGs in my screenshot) give off a reflective glow depending on the angle of the sun.

Still no luck on the motionblur

CA_Stary, check that you have deleted all enbseries config files from both the main WOE folder and the Flight folder then start again from scratch, if you use the settings that I posted or simply make sure you've got EnableMotionBlur= set to 0 you should get no motion blur effect.

In FS2004 and LOMAC the enbseries config is created in the main folder containing the .exe, whereas in WOE for some reason it gets created in the Flight Folder, until I discovered this I couldn't get the thing running because I had an enbseries file in both the main and the Flight folder.

How to activate them?! Have downloaded the files and put them into my main folder but nothing happen?!

If you use my settings the effects will be activated when you run the game, it depends on this line:

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=

being set to 1, to toggle the effect on and off in game use shift F12

Make sure you do not put the enbseries config file in your main folder, follow the procedure in my previous post.

Lexx, your Siberian Sun looks great with this mod, have you tried tweaking this section in the enbseries file yet?

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=8

ScreenLevelDay=60

ScreenLevelNight=20

DarkeningAmountNight=5

GammaCurveDay=0

GammaCurveNight=0

ColorSaturationDay=1

ColorSaturationNight=0

UsePaletteTexture=0

This can also make a huge global difference to darkening/brightening/colour saturation etc. with having to tweak any other internal config files, with the added benefit of being able to toggle it on and off in game!

A couple more screenshots:

Bloom off:

post-7594-1210595270_thumb.jpg

Bloom on:

post-7594-1210595338_thumb.jpg

I followed you procedures in your previous post but there was no enb... ini file created by itself. ???? What`s wrong?! Do I have to define the shift F12 key thing or is it automaticly defined?!

Those effects looks great!

Perhaps your'e using the wrong .dll, here is the link to the download:

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/enbseries_gtasa_v0074c.zip

Put only the d3d9.dll file in your main WOE folder nothing else, run game once, exit, have a look in the Flight Folder for the enbseries config file.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards Geoff

Nice to hear your progress geoff! I'll probably try your fixes sometime tomorrow and see what happens.

I intend to run this along with Lexx_Luthor's Siberian Sun (in the previous page there is a pic of both mods in action).

Edited by kct

Re. my post above, sorry I gave the wrong link. Having messed around with so many .dll's I got confused about which one I found worked best. I'm not sure if the one I linked to works in WOE or not so just in case here is the one I'm using in both WOE and FS2004:

enbseries_gtasa_v0074f.zip

Regards Geoff

These are carried out with the -c version, with the fix specified by geoff. First column is with bloom off, second column is with bloom on. First sequence of the pictures shows how Lexx_Luthor's Siberian Sun turned into a huge supernova.

Test mule is for this experiment here is 'Christine', which some of the Tomcat fans here might have known about.

EDIT: Didn't realize that this is post number 111 too.

Edited by kct

geoff::

Lexx, your Siberian Sun looks great with this mod, have you tried tweaking this section in the enbseries file yet?

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=8

ScreenLevelDay=60

ScreenLevelNight=20

DarkeningAmountNight=5

GammaCurveDay=0

GammaCurveNight=0

ColorSaturationDay=1

ColorSaturationNight=0

UsePaletteTexture=0

This can also make a huge global difference to darkening/brightening/colour saturation etc. with having to tweak any other internal config files, with the added benefit of being able to toggle it on and off in game!

I prefer to use the config files internal to the game, and other manual external methods such as skin or terrain tile brightness changes, as I have control over specific items in my attempt to model the brightness depth of the real world on shallow brightness depth computer monitors. Fortunately, the game offers this tweaking ability. Many other games do not.

Since we're basically using a .dll file from another game to add a visual effect for WOE/WOI, I wonder if there is a .dll that we can use for other visual effects such as exhaust/heat blur, night vision, various clouds, etc...

Hi, I've been trying out this effect, and I really quite like it so far, but I do have a couple of points to mention. The biggest so far is the fact that when this effect is enabled the canopy for the F105 blooms like mad :S It really obscures the forward view. Other aircraft don't seem to suffer this, any idea what's going on? The pics below show the "nromal" view and the view with the bloom enabled.

post-33254-1210797402_thumb.jpgpost-33254-1210797388_thumb.jpg

The other more minor issue that I have found is the the effect tends to wash out a lot of detail from the clouds, which is a shame. But overall I like the what you guys have discovered so far : )

Samtheeagle,

Try editing the bloom section of the enbseries config in your flight folder. You could for example change this line:

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=12

to

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=10

or even lower, it's really just a matter of experimenting with the different parameters to suit your taste. I'll try checking out the F105 later and see how it looks with my current settings.

A lot of people using this with LOMAC are reccomending a setting of BloomPowerDay=7

Thanks Geoff, I'll have a fiddle and see what I can come up with : ) As I said, it's strange as it's only this aircraft that I've noticed the issue with thus far. I wonder what it is about it that causes it? The only thing I can think of is the fact that the centre front panel of the canopy is very small... It perhaps exaggerates the effect more in such a confined space?

So has anybody tried contacting the creator to see if he could tailormake one for us?

excuse but i don't really understand how i can install this mod?

should i unrar the files in my woi/sfp1/woe folder? or what

thanks for your answers

Edited by Murphy'S

Exist any easy step by step guide to install this please?

Drop dll in game folder, run game. Press shift-f12, exit game, look for config file created in flight folder, edit, run game again.

Thank's Julhem, any kind of edit that is already tested and working?

Drop dll in game folder, run game. Press shift-f12, exit game, look for config file created in flight folder, edit, run game again.

i unziped the dll gaved in the begining of the thread in my woi folder and did what you said but i did not find any config file in my flight folder

ps: i put the d3d8.dll in my woi folder

ps: i put the d3d8.dll in my woi folder

You're using the wrong .dll. If you read this topic thread from the beginning (come on it's only 3 pages) you will find all the instructions you need including a link to the d3d9.dll that is the one you should be using and a suggested config that I posted.

Geoff

I'm getting this, any idea of why??

img00001.jpg