Sign in to follow this  
kct

Simulation of HDR/Bloom effects

How? I see no MotionBlur options on SF

How? I see no MotionBlur options on SF

Stratos, it's the addon that has the motionblur option. You need to read the readme that comes with it to disable the motion blur option.

FastCargo

Still getting the same error, maybe someone can upload his tuned files here?

Stratos, start again from scratch, read my post on page one of this topic, I have given step by step instructions and have included the contents of my tweaked enbseries config.

Make sure you do not have a copy of the enbseries config in your main WOE folder as it will conflict with the one in the Flight folder. If you follow those instructions carefully I promise you it will work, you could always copy my cofig from page one and paste it over the contents of the file that will get created in your Flight folder.

Let me know how you get on. :good:

I have a problem...yesterday I tried it and run correctly...but today I modified the settings and it doesn't run...why? I don't have to use the d3d8.dll, right? :blink::dntknw::dntknw::sorry:

eagle89,

I don't have to use the d3d8.dll, right?

No it's the d3d9.dll that you want, see my link on page 2 of this topic.

Which settings did you modify and what were you trying to achieve? If you keep a backup of your .enbseries config it's easy to revert to previous settings if things go wrong.

eagle89,

No it's the d3d9.dll that you want, see my link on page 2 of this topic.

Which settings did you modify and what were you trying to achieve? If you keep a backup of your .enbseries config it's easy to revert to previous settings if things go wrong.

No, the problem isn't here...simply at the beginning it worked and now it doesn't run...when I have to enter the key code (shift+F12, no?)?!? when the sim starts to run? and where I have to put the d3d9, the enbseries and the enbconvertor? only in the sim folder or even in the flight folder? sorry, but I didn't understand... :dntknw::dntknw::blink:

Thank's a lot!! Is working now and very nice must say!

No, the problem isn't here...simply at the beginning it worked and now it doesn't run...when I have to enter the key code (shift+F12, no?)?!? when the sim starts to run? and where I have to put the d3d9, the enbseries and the enbconvertor? only in the sim folder or even in the flight folder? sorry, but I didn't understand...

O.K lets start from scratch and take it step by step:

1. Delete any enbseries files from your WOE/Flight folder and main WOE folder.

2. Place the d3d9.dll in your main WOE folder.

3. Start the game and load a flight. you should see some green writing in the top left corner of your screen as the .dll loads.

4. Exit the game and look in your WOE/Flight folder, you should find a file named enbseries (configuration settings).

5. Open the enbseries file with notepad.

6. Highlight and copy the following data from this page:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=0

InitProxyFunctions=1

ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=1

AlternativeDepth=1

AllowAntialias=1

BugFixMode=3

SkipShaderOptimization=0

QuadVertexBuffer=0

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=0

EnableReflection=0

EnableMotionBlur=0

EnableWater=0

EnableShadow=0

DepthBias=1

[iNPUT]

KeyUseEffect=123

KeyBloom=120

KeyOcclusion=121

KeyReflection=122

KeyCombination=16

KeyShadow=119

KeyWater=118

[REFLECTION]

ReflectionPower=15

ChromePower=10

UseCurrentFrameReflection=0

ReflectionQuality=0

ReflectionSourceSpecular=50

ReflectionSourceTFactor=50

UseAdditiveReflection=0

ReflectionDepthBias=0

UseLowResReflection=0

ReflectionSinglePass=1

UseEnvBump=1

EnvBumpAmount=100

EnvBumpOffset=100

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=12

BloomFadeTime=150

BloomConstantDay=1

BloomQuality=0

BloomScreenLevelDay=40

BloomCurveDay=2

BloomPowerNight=25

BloomConstantNight=5

BloomCurveNight=10

BloomScreenLevelNight=20

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=50

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=50

BloomAllowOversaturation=1

[sSAO]

UseFilter=1

OcclusionQuality=2

FilterQuality=1

DarkeningLevel=30

BrighteningLevel=30

IlluminationLevel=30

AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30

UseAmbientOcclusion=1

UseIndirectLightning=1

FadeDistance=50

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=8

ScreenLevelDay=60

ScreenLevelNight=20

DarkeningAmountNight=5

GammaCurveDay=0

GammaCurveNight=0

ColorSaturationDay=1

ColorSaturationNight=0

UsePaletteTexture=0

[PLUGIN]

WeatherMod=0

[WATER]

UseWaterDeep=1

WaterDeepness=20

WaterQuality=0

[sHADOW]

ShadowFadeStart=40

ShadowFadeEnd=80

ShadowAmountDay=60

ShadowAmountNight=30

ShadowScreenLevelDay=60

ShadowScreenLevelNight=20

ShadowQuality=0

UseShadowFilter=0

FilterQuality=1

ShadowBlurRange=30

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=1

MaxAnisotropy=16

ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0

DisplayRefreshRateHz=60

[MOTIONBLUR]

MotionBlurQuality=1

MotionBlurVelocity=10

MotionBlurRotation=10

6. Either overwrite the data in the enbseries file or delete all the data in the file and paste my data in its place. Alternatively you could compare my data and the data in the enbseries file and change the data to match, making sure to save any changes.

The main changes you need to make are to this section:

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1 ........this means that only bloom is enabled.

EnableOcclusion=0

EnableReflection=0

EnableMotionBlur=0

EnableWater=0

EnableShadow=0

DepthBias=1

this section:

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=12

BloomFadeTime=150

BloomConstantDay=1

BloomQuality=0

BloomScreenLevelDay=40

BloomCurveDay=2

BloomPowerNight=25

BloomConstantNight=5

BloomCurveNight=10

BloomScreenLevelNight=20

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=50

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=50

BloomAllowOversaturation=1

and this section:

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=8

ScreenLevelDay=60

ScreenLevelNight=20

DarkeningAmountNight=5

GammaCurveDay=0

GammaCurveNight=0

ColorSaturationDay=1

ColorSaturationNight=0

UsePaletteTexture=0

Make sure that this line near the top:

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=1

is set to 1, that way the effect will be enabled when you run the game.

I hope you manage. If all of this is too complicated and it still doesn't work let me know and I'll upload a ready made file. (can't do it at the moment as it's on a different computer.

Good luck, Geoff

:sorry::sorry: It still doesn't run... I have to install the newest thirdwire patch or only put the files into my SFP1 folder? Please give me precise intructions... I know I'm an incompetent but please HELP ME!!!

Put the supplied .dll file into your game folder, and start a game. Then, exit the game, and check your flight folder. There should be a .ini file called enbseries.ini, and then that is where you get started.

I think the tuner is in Russian. And i get pretty weird picture in the game. A lot of aliasing. And the dll creates another config file in the main folder of the game. So basically there are two of them. One in the Flight folder and one in the main directory. I copied the suggested settings into both of them with no luck. I deleted the one in the main directory but it was created again. I run the game at 1680x1050 and my enviro file is quite customized with mainly lexx_luthor's things and some other stuff. At the moment seems like no go.

This is what some others have advised to do. Place ONLY the .dll into the main game folder (without the .ini), then run the game once and exit it. After that, you would see the .ini file created in the FLIGHT folder. That is the file where you would open, and overwrite the text with the recommended settings.

Hope that works.

And that's exactly, what i've done. The config file in the main directory always comes back and has only got a few lines. Have a look at these.

img00025.bmp

img00026.bmp

Which version of the .dll you're using? In addition to that, you have to turn down some of the settings.

The shots were taken with the 0074f GTA SA dll. I've tried the 0075 as well, but that was worse. I'm using Geoff's suggested values for the cfg and i turned the day bloom down to 9.

In the new version, it adds Depth of field. So you have to retune the enbseries.ini to get rid of the depth of field.

Use ONLY the .dll first and load the game, then exit. After that, copy the recommended values by some of us here into the enbseries.ini file created in the FLIGHT folder.

dannn::

I run the game at 1680x1050 and my enviro file is quite customized with mainly lexx_luthor's things and some other stuff.

At this point, I would avoid mixing my stuff with HDR bloom stuff. I have not looked at the HDRBloom, since I think some of the basic ideas I use are available in Enviro.

I'm starting to think I got lucky in labelling my stuff "siberian" as perhaps the label serves as a warning to the innocent and unwary of the weirdness lurking within. USAFMTL was cheering me on during my nuc development, but then after releace, he said he could not use it. I felt kinda bad about that, but I do push the sim beyond what most would desire I think.

The d3d9.dll doesn't like the Gripen very much. d3d9.dll crashed 2 times the first time was directly after loading to 100% and the second when I accidently crashed my Gripen. I've tried the F-14D also with it and that did not crash.

Any guesses why im getting those white triangles in the background...I havent enabled bloom as Im using the dll to take advantage of the immense performance surge Ive been experiencing(without bloom)...what id like to resolve are those white triangles...

This is a great mod guys, just another way to modernize the SF engine. This with forced AA and AF through the video card drivers makes it look as good as all the other flight sims.

One thing, I'm using the recommended settings but the sky and clouds are very bright during the day, what value can I change to tone that down?