Sign in to follow this  
Piett

Falklands mod - minor bugs

First let me say that I am absolutely blown away by the Falklands mod - the attention to detail is just superb. Many thanks to the mod team!

However, I have turned up a couple of minor bugs. The first concerns the drop-tanks for the Mirage III: the campaign supply and loadouts are set up for non-camo'ed tanks, but the model is set for those with camo, so you can't load drop-tanks in the campaign. Easy fix - open MirageIIIEA_DATA.INI, find the entries with M3_RP1700C and change them to M3E_RP1700.

The second concerns campaign target selection: flying Harrier GR3s for No 1 Squadron RAF in the campaign, I have been assigned targets in the British navy amphibious group. The ships in this group also opened fire on me, so this group seems to be treated as an enemy force (i.e. Argentinean). I think the problem is that it lies on the Argentinean side of the front-line - see below. Also, Port Howard is also set as being British-held at the start of the campaign. I know an SAS patrol set up an observation post here, but still, is this right? It has a AAA position and a supply dump (which I was assigned to bomb as Argentina), which seem unlikely to correspond to just an SAS patrol. Should it be Argentinean-held instead?

Falklandsmap.JPG

Edited by Piett

Dear kesselbrut, and other users.

To kesselbrut, thanks for he Falkland campaing and scenario

I have four questions, to whhich you could answer when you have time

-I had consistent CTD in campaign selection screen, after that you pick campaing save name. I think it is due to the anti-ship mission. (not the strike missions against ship target.) I had this problem in an antiship campaign I wanted to make.

What happens is that in order not to have CTD when an antiship mission is generated by campaign engine, all the cargo_ship must be labelled as Generic. We discussed this problem also with baltika for his BoB scenario and campaign. So it is a matter of educated guess turning some ship which are very nation specific to warship, so that they are not picked as targets. And labeling nation generic those that we like to picked as targets for antiship missions. By doing so I solved the problem. On the other hand no other user yet reported this problem , so I don't know. any idea?Still some anti-ship mission gets targeted off map, but I guess that this a sfp limitation (bug)

-in the Campaing data (op corporate, raf side) there is the tag FOCUSAREA; is this active in SFP, or is it an WOI only feature?

-in the campiagn data appears the target type Ammo_storage. there is no type labeled as such in terrain's types.ini

-I can't get the bombsigh in the camberra to appear with the H key.

All of those details. Nothing major, more interesting culturally wise that real problems.

Again thank you, for the scenario, the campiagn, the revamoed and the new objects.

Not really a minor bug, more of a major one.

I installed into a fresh WOV fully patched up. Followed the readme and added the C-130a lods to the C-130a and KC-130a folders.

In single mission or campaigns, for either side, I get a crash to desktop after clicking "fly". I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone else been able to get this to work with WOV?

Thanks!

*edit* - I also added an aircraft from my WOV install and added the WOV terrain and tried a single mission using those. Still got a CTD.

Edited by malibu43

Same CTD as malibu43. Wov install. :dntknw:

At a guess doesnt this mod need desert.cat to work from the original desert terrain?

If so there is a work around for this if you have WOV/WOE in the Knowledge base I believe.

At a guess doesnt this mod need desert.cat to work from the original desert terrain?

If so there is a work around for this if you have WOV/WOE in the Knowledge base I believe.

You are correct. I resolved the issue by pointing to the appropriate CAT file.

Once I fixed this, single missions worked, but campaigns still crashed. Solved the problem by copying the options.ini from my other WOV install and using it with the Falkland mod. Don't know what the issue really was, but this solved it.

This mod is awesome!!!

Fixed guys! Is the Option.ini and/or FLIGHTENGINE.ini that makes the trouble. I don´t know what´s wrong with them but the problem disapear when I replace the files. Tip from Kasselbrut. :good:

Awesome job on the Falklands mod! :clapping::ok:

I just have one problem: I keep blowing up as soon as mission starts in the runway of any Argentine air base in the mainland! Bases in the Falklands are OK to take off from but I don't know why my plane explodes at the beginning of every mission starting in Argentina.

That makes missions flown on the Argentine side a no-go if I set "Start from Runway" as the mission startup option :sorry:

Anybody have any idea why and how to fix this?

Awesome job on the Falklands mod! :clapping::ok:

I just have one problem: I keep blowing up as soon as mission starts in the runway of any Argentine air base in the mainland! Bases in the Falklands are OK to take off from but I don't know why my plane explodes at the beginning of every mission starting in Argentina.

That makes missions flown on the Argentine side a no-go if I set "Start from Runway" as the mission startup option :sorry:

Anybody have any idea why and how to fix this?

See the above posts regarding the .CAT file pointers. You may want to look in the Knowledgebase as well.

By changing the .CAT file I made airbases appear but it did not solve the "exploding on mission start" problem :(

Will check out the Knowledge base anyway, thanks! :)

lol!!!

Never mind, it worked:

falklandsnr7.jpg

:biggrin:

I forgot to change the correct Runway AirBaseData files. Thanks for the help! :good:

lol!!!

Never mind, it worked:

:biggrin:

I forgot to change the correct Runway AirBaseData files. Thanks for the help! :good:

Good! I'm glad you got it worked out. This mod is a real blast.

I am having the same problem of Argintine Planes blowing up on the runways in single missions in the Falklands 82 Mod. Where is the Runway Airbase Date file that I need to change ???

Thanks;

Panama Red

I am having the same problem of Argintine Planes blowing up on the runways in single missions in the Falklands 82 Mod. Where is the Runway Airbase Date file that I need to change ???

Thanks;

Panama Red

It´s working flawless for me since I change terrain from Desert/Desert.CAT to VietnamSEA/VietnamSEA.CAT

This campaign teach me how to make very precise bombing with the A4( you need to do well this to be able to sunk ships)

Thanks very much for the modder, this is a masterpiece,really.

Another thought:the AI is improved, since the last patch is this mod also.

Where are the folders who have the AI combat skills parameters?

If I do install old mods like korea, AI aircraft will fight with enhanced abilities too?