Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

Happy b-day America :)

Happy birthday and thanks for being there for those in need of freedom. :salute:

Happy Independance Day!

<S!>

Happy Independence Day!

:salute: to those who have served to ensure we have had 232 of them to celebrate.

Enjoy the holiday safely, everyone!

Say what you will, but the sun does not set on the American Flag...either on humanitarian missions or defending freedoms of others (as well as Her Own)...we are present on every continent and in every sea...

Not to mention one of my favorite quotes, ever:

"There is nothing in American experience or in American political life or in our culture that suggests we want to use hard power. But what we have found over the decades is that unless you do have hard power -- and here I think you're referring to military power -- then sometimes you are faced with situations that you can't deal with.

I mean, it was not soft power that freed Europe. It was hard power. And what followed immediately after hard power? Did the United States ask for dominion over a single nation in Europe? No. Soft power came in the Marshall Plan. Soft power came with American GIs who put their weapons down once the war was over and helped all those nations rebuild. We did the same thing in Japan.

So our record of living our values and letting our values be an inspiration to others I think is clear. And I don't think I have anything to be ashamed of or apologize for with respect to what America has done for the world. [Applause.]

We have gone forth from our shores repeatedly over the last hundred years and we've done this as recently as the last year in Afghanistan and put wonderful young men and women at risk, many of whom have lost their lives, and we have asked for nothing except enough ground to bury them in, and otherwise we have returned home to seek our own, you know, to seek our own lives in peace, to live our own lives in peace. But there comes a time when soft power or talking with evil will not work where, unfortunately, hard power is the only thing that works."

and, still:

"And when all those conflicts were over, what did we do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say, "Okay, we defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan, so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do? We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which they have embraced totally to their soul. And did we ask for any land? No, the only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead. And that is the kind of nation we are."

Cheers

Thank you to those have, those that are, and those that will serve.

"May the Wings of Liberty, never lose a Feather"!

Please Emperor please, a correction if I may.

There is nothing I like more, then to listen to the Brazilian anthem when I watch the celecao (Brazils natioanal soccer/football team) Going to kick ass. :biggrin:

I love it when a plan comes together! :biggrin:

Was speaking about majesty of the tone. :wink: (Would had Japan too)

On others subjects (general tone, etc) others rocks too: Brazil, Soviet/Russia, Italy, Spain...

Sparky

That is how it is too.

God bless the USA.

Was speaking about majesty of the tone. :wink: (Would had Japan too)

On others subjects (general tone, etc) others rocks too: Brazil, Soviet/Russia, Italy, Spain...

how about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID04Mb7-mTk

Edited by Silverbolt

Hey. Thanks CA Brothers! I'm still a bit confused why we go ape sierra for a day in history where we declared our independence from the country that has been our greatest ally In my lifes memory and the last century. Currently, I'm probably taxed on tea more then our founding fathers were. The comments here on this site and seeing the folks in the economy dressed in all sorts of red white and blue, or something American (We have a big rodeo in town here for the 4th) Really turns my screws and even flips my burger. The Marine Corps even sends a colar guard, Some sort of tracked snow vehicle, and a pack string (mules) from the mountain warfare training center for our parade. Oooh Wee and Well Doggies! I was oversees twice for 4th of July in the Navy. On the Coral Sea parked off of a French port on the Med and next one flying off the beech at NAF Atsugi in Japan. The French and Japanese celebrated the day just as well or if not better then USAnians would. I'm amazed and proud of how many friends we have on this day.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima