Sign in to follow this  
column5

September - Screenshot of the Month

In first

post-24797-1220365685_thumb.jpg

Nice country you got there, be a shame if someone were to.. carpet bomb it!

img00006he3.jpg

An F-15E Strike Eagle "Helang" M54-10 of the 23 Squadron "Helang" (Eagle), from the Royal Malaysian Air Force.

(I skipped 22 Squadron, since we used linear squadron numbering for probably any new squadrons formed, which means like if we got 22 squadrons, the new one would be called 23 Squadron. So far we got 21 in real life. Aircraft registration ranges from M54-01 to M54-18, which, I luckily skipped M53-xx since that is for a 737.)

Edited by kct

Stormbringer

You got lucky kct!

:biggrin:

gallery_12105_43_126493.jpg

ACTIVE in more appropriate dress.

External model needs a few tweaks...in particular, there are 2 small humps on top of the intakes that are not on the standard Eagle. I strongly suspect they are for the canard movement mechanisms.

Can anyone note (besides the TVC, canards, and paint) any other changes between this and the standard F-15D? You'd have to be pretty sharp eyed to notice...or fly the Eagle a LOT...

Also, FM has been worked on through trial and error...mostly error. Much less twichy at the limit now, no more silly excessive pitch rates...in fact, it's very stable. With TVC and the canards, I can pretty much slow to 60 knots and maintain level flight at about 70 degrees AOA...with the keyboard! I think this one's going to turn out nice...

FastCargo

Buying the stairway to heaven

post-28461-1220392073_thumb.jpg

Or, "Yo ho, Yo ho a Pirate's life for me!"

edit: YOINK! broke the chain!

Edited by Rambler 1-1

Bombcats. Yes it sucks but it bought the Tomcat an extra 10 years. Anyway--newly repainted LANTIRN pod and the LGBs are roughly positioned.

bombcats.jpg

Oh God, what a tease there...any chance of the VF-103 Jolly Rogers scheme in the final release?

EDIT: More Eagles...

img00008ny4.jpg

Edited by kct

FinalCountdown2.jpg

Just in case you never looked close enough at the B-29's name in the last picture.

And no, I didn't shoot it down. Before I could take a shot this weird storm came out of nowhere, green clouds and crazy lightning, and the next thing me and my wingman were flying in clear skies like nothing had ever happened.

When we landed there was a limo at the end of the ramp. It had dark windows so I never saw who was the passenger, but the number plate said FBR512....

Edited by allenjb42

Doing an RMAF Super Hornet, something more than a mere "what-if"...more like "we could be buying it if both sides weren't circlejerking towards each other" (Boeing asked us first anyway...but we still bought the Flankers first).

img00009gl3.jpg

Edited by kct

Thunderbolt GR1-B of 20 sqn RAF over Northern Germany, August 2003...gallery_28053_127_272385.jpg

F-35

oooOOOOOOoooohhh.... VERY nice!

Mine's no teaser, but it sure is funny!

post-28461-1220573611_thumb.jpg

I like my AAA... crispy.

RAFPhantomF312.jpg

Phantom F.3 of No.5 squadron, leaps into the skies to chase a red dot around Europe.