Sign in to follow this  
WDH

B-1R the furture is now

I've been researching the mordern airwar in the near furture {2012} and found this interesting.The B-1R [bEEN DEVELOPED AS OF 2004! by Boeing.] will use the same powerplants as of F-22 Pratt & Whitney F-119 x's 4.So,B-1R will have the supercruise.But,as if that wasn't enough...The B-1R will be used to launch AIM-120D [this missle will be avail in 2010] !That's right!It's true!B-1R will be used to support the F-22 & F-35.It has a range close to 6000 miles and can substain speeds of 1500 mph.Oh,it has a V-Tail for those Dale Brown fans!

Okay,i know this sounds alike a fairy tale being told out of mischief...But,it's not.You find this info and more at History.com.

Hope you enjoy this as much as do.Really didn't know if anyone would be excited about this as i am.By the way,this the greatest site on the internet .

Sincerely,Brady A. Turley III aka:Weasel Driving Hillbilly [WDH]

P.S. For those of you who know my health condition an update;Sorry to say the Lupis and Cancer has consumed my system but,there's still hope.God bless to all of you and thanks for this site!

Thx's Column5.Guess i wasn't informed as i thought i was.It's still an interesting info.History.com says it's currently in development but,shouldn't always believe what i read huh? :blush:

Was kinda hoping that modders like yourself would've been looking for something new like the B-1B and it's variants.

Thx's Column5.Guess i wasn't informed as i thought i was.It's still an interesting info.History.com says it's currently in development but,shouldn't always believe what i read huh? :blush:

Was kinda hoping that modders like yourself would've been looking for something new like the B-1B and it's variants.

Well I think upgrading the B-1B would be a good idea. Its an awesome plane. The only problem is there are not very many of them.

what about refit the B-52 with F-22 engines and give it a longer life ... hehe I can swear the B-52 lifes longer than the B-2

Yeah!Why not!There's the B-3 that's gonna reign surpreme...But,B-52's will still be the only bomber the USAF that will out live it's creators. :grandpa:

B-52's will still be the only bomber the USAF that will out live it's creators. :grandpa:

But surely it already has... and don't call me Shirley.

You wouldn't need a whole lot of B-1R's since their only for support.I'm thinking half the the size of the of our Airpower in the states only,ha!

Yeah,makes for daydreams now huh?

Only if 'someone' would mod one up?Whoops there it is.... :ok:

Is it just me or would the B-1R be called the BoneR? Come on, I think we all know why it was cancelled with a name like that. I can see it now...

*NEWS-FLASH* "Earlier today, Taliban fighters in Afghanistan were hit by a massive strike from American BoneRs."

I'll get my coat...

Edited by JimmyBib

Is it just me or would the B-1R be called the BoneR? Come on, I think we all know why it was cancelled with a name like that. I can see it now...

Wasn't the B1-R featured in the last episode of the recent series of Dogfights which dealt with future air combat alongside the F-22 which it was shown working in tandem with as a long rangew missile carrier?

Lazboy

*NEWS-FLASH* "Earlier today, Taliban fighters in Afghanistan were hit by a massive strike from American BoneRs."

I'll get my coat...

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

what about refit the B-52 with F-22 engines and give it a longer life ... hehe I can swear the B-52 lifes longer than the B-2

F-22 engines would be more than useless on a B-52.

On the other hand, engines from a modern airliner would be MUCH better for the B-52's regime of flight. And it's been proposed before.

FastCargo

I'll get my coat...

You can never resist the boner. Resistance is futile, so to speak.

I think it was a similar situation, but the 4th version would have been called the B-1R-d, and that is just too similar to the Gu-11.

:biggrin:

>Grabs jacket< Hey, Jimmy, wait up!

I think it was a similar situation, but the 4th version would have been called the B-1R-d, and that is just too similar to the Gu-11.

:haha::rofl:

On the other hand, engines from a modern airliner would be MUCH better for the B-52's regime of flight. And it's been proposed before.

Aren't they still using Pratt & Whitney JT3Ds? They've been around since the dawn of the 707 and DC-8, yeah? Aren't they particularly thirsty and, compared with something like today's Rolls-Royce Trent, particularly underpowered? Why was the B-52 re-engine program given the kibosh? Why do I sound like a 6yr old kid asking lots of questions?

Yes, JT3Ds are old and thirsty, but they're cheap to get parts for and they are paid for. Same logic we used at my airline to keep our 727s running with the old engines vs getting more efficient aircraft.

Mainly...at the time, it would have been expensive to reengine and retest.

That was at the time. Now that fuel is a lot higher in price, it's not a bad idea to revisit.

FastCargo

I'll get my coat...

Anymore bad jokes like that and I will put you 2 on moderated posting. :rofl::biggrin::haha: