Sign in to follow this  
Dave

No Power.....No Nothing

We had a freak wind storm come through Dayton yesterday with 50 mph winds for about 4 hours. Tore this place to hell. Downed trees and powerlines everywhere. Roof damage. We may not have power back until Thursday. I am post from my phone. We had power for all of 15 seconds and it just went back out. So see you all when I can. If something comes up contact the staff, they can help and they also know how to get ahold of me.

Dave.....when will you learn to

STOP TESTING NUKES!!!111!!!

No its just that he has been sticking his fingers in outlets lately. Finally blew a fuse.

nothing freaky about it, it's that darn Cincinnati chili... :blowup::bad:

It's that laptop! It's still angry with you Dave. It has mystical powers that can control the weather. It must be a topsecret tesla weather controling unit! You must destroy it before it destroys the world! :rofl:

Hey Dave:

That wasn't a freak windstorm,it was the remnants of Hurricane Ike riding northwest along a very heavy cold front.

I was watching Weather Channel yesterday and the Ohio river valley took a tremendous hit from the pressure gradient(wind). 50 to 75 mile per hour winds all over northern Ohio and Southern Michigan.

Hang in there,ComEd will get their lines untangled eventually. :yes:

Hey Dave:

That wasn't a freak windstorm,it was the remnants of Hurricane Ike riding northwest along a very heavy cold front.

I was watching Weather Channel yesterday and the Ohio river valley took a tremendous hit from the pressure gradient(wind). 50 to 75 mile per hour winds all over northern Ohio and Southern Michigan.

Hang in there,ComEd will get their lines untangled eventually. :yes:

Well the morning started off cool and cloudy. Then it cleared up and heated the air from like 66 to 83, then clouded up again. The hot air rising had no place to go because of the clouds cover and wham so it fell back to earth and the winds came up. I just got power back. I hope it stays around. A lot better than what they were telling everyone.

hope everyone is okay over there...

and at least you got the power back :)

We had a freak wind storm come through Dayton yesterday with 50 mph winds for about 4 hours. Tore this place to hell. Downed trees and powerlines everywhere. Roof damage. We may not have power back until Thursday. I am post from my phone. We had power for all of 15 seconds and it just went back out. So see you all when I can. If something comes up contact the staff, they can help and they also know how to get ahold of me.

I was hit too and lost power until 12:30 am yesterday. Hope you and your family are safe. If you need anything, PM me.

Falcon

See, there are some benefits to living in FL. :wink: We get winds that fast and we don't even stop going to work! TS Fay was stronger than that and blew for TWO DAYS but only the rain was a problem. My roof still looks like it did when we bought the place 7 years ago.

Frankly, the entire country would be better off with FL's building codes, but it won't happen because of cost, not unless you get hit by storms like that so often the insurance companies make it cost-effective (by charging rates mega-high or just failing to cover those who don't conform to those codes).

We had sustained 100mph winds here several times in 2004 and 2005 and I just lost a couple (mostly dead) trees. Lost power a total of 4 hrs in all combined.