Sign in to follow this  
column5

ThirdWire Update

Since TK went all HUD on us, I've been afraid he was going to drop the ball. But it looks like he's still bouncing it.

Not to mention he already assured most of the fans that he would NOT be doing a modern sim (although I hope he does have coding that allowed us to implement some features of modern planes more effectively, although I could live with some limitations...).

Not to mention he already assured most of the fans that he would NOT be doing a modern sim (although I hope he does have coding that allowed us to implement some features of modern planes more effectively, although I could live with some limitations...).

I had the impression that TK modifies the code with regards to the projects he's working on and AFAIK one reason he has given why he's not doing a modern sim was that modern aircraft with their adavanced avionics and weapons are much more difficult (meaning they demand more time & money) to model. Therefore I doubt that there will be any advances in this field for the time being.

:blush: Ooops! That's right, it's a F-84F, I didn't know the French ever had them, let alone operated them in the Suez. Now when I think aboout it, I thought the guns were looking a bit misplaced...

I had the impression that TK modifies the code with regards to the projects he's working on and AFAIK one reason he has given why he's not doing a modern sim was that modern aircraft with their adavanced avionics and weapons are much more difficult (meaning they demand more time & money) to model. Therefore I doubt that there will be any advances in this field for the time being.

Not to mention we won't get an even remotely accurate representation of the avionics inside at least half of the fighters currently being flown (or those being flown in the last 10 years) at this moment due to 'national secrets'. Which is still the case today.

Edited by kct

:blush: Ooops! That's right, it's a F-84F, I didn't know the French ever had them, let alone operated them in the Suez. Now when I think aboout it, I thought the guns were looking a bit misplaced...

As far as I know, it was the only occasion where the Streak was used in anger ,

Aju,

Derk :good:

I dont know about you guys but I am pretty excited about this.

Yea, no SAMs.

Every TW release is exciting in its own way. This one brings attention to a little-known conflict, and gives us some planes that we have not had in decent quality.

Conflicts of the 1950s! Bring it on! :biggrin:

i would like to try it. i wanted to try also WOI.

but for me there's no way of buy it from TW store, and, since is not sold on CD/DVD i have to just use the patch for WOE.

Why not? lacking a credit card? If you have a checking account, you should be able to get a debit card, it works just the same except it deducts cash from the account instead of giving you a monthly bill to pay. Or is it a bandwidth thing?

Has there been any news on this Add-On? It's now Summer of 2009 and I don't think I've seen it anywhere yet.

No news I'm afraid.

It makes sense for it to come out after SF2I - and I can't wait for the Meteor F.8 !!!!

It will be interesting to compare TK's P-51 flight model to that of AvHistory.

It will be interesting to compare TK's P-51 flight model to that of AvHistory.

Yeah, but if he uses all those numbers AFTER the decimal point he'll never finish it!

In fact the only planes TK has modeled with a HUD are the F-15, F-16, A-10 and Harriers. That's 4 (6 if you count all Harrier variants) out of about 38 total flyables if you count all sims released to date plus the Suez planes. Just to put it in perspective.

The A-7 has a HUD.

IRC back in Sep 2008 we didn't have TK's late Corsairs

IRC back in Sep 2008 we didn't have TK's late Corsairs

LOL! Just realised the post that I'm quoting was written way back in Sep 2008.