The Bucc will definately not be ready in time for NF3. But that just means there will be a good excuse for NF4!

Hey,that's good enuff for me!Besides with this new 9-08 update,it'll be alot work now.

Really looking forward to this mod, any updates?

Regarding the Vulcan (I understand you can't include it) will there be heavy bomber squadrons (eg b-52) that could easily be replaced with the Vulcan?

Probably a surprise, since i'm mainly interested in the RAF stuff, but what about some Swedish stuff? Viggens, Drakens and Tunnans would be a great addition - though whether they would have got involved (politically speaking) is arguable...

Also regarding what I mentioned earlier about Harriers operating from unprepared strips and even forest clearings - is this possible? Would add some excellent flavour.

Is there a Tornado F-3 modded for this game? Would love some air combat in that aircraft...

- Alex

Really looking forward to this mod, any updates?

Regarding the Vulcan (I understand you can't include it) will there be heavy bomber squadrons (eg b-52) that could easily be replaced with the Vulcan?

Probably a surprise, since i'm mainly interested in the RAF stuff, but what about some Swedish stuff? Viggens, Drakens and Tunnans would be a great addition - though whether they would have got involved (politically speaking) is arguable...

Also regarding what I mentioned earlier about Harriers operating from unprepared strips and even forest clearings - is this possible? Would add some excellent flavour.

Is there a Tornado F-3 modded for this game? Would love some air combat in that aircraft...

- Alex

Here are my thoughts on these matters:

1. ThirdWire games are, at their heart, simulations of tactical air power and that is where I plan to keep the NATO Fighters series focused. I also think that in the scenarios presented in the WOE campaigns, both sides would have their strategic forces held in reserve for the inevitable escalation--really, who thinks any such scenarios would not result in the end of the world? :biggrin:

2. Swedish, as well as Spanish, Italian, Greek and other NATO forces are hard to integrate into WOE because the map depicts the North/Central theater while those nations (except Sweden of course) would have been engaged in the Mediterranean. I'm not excluding any nations out of indifference or lack of respect, just trying to keep the campaigns believable. That said, there is a very strong possibility of Danish Drakens in NF3.

3. There is a mod that allows strips of road to be used as bases. I believe it is by JSF_Aggie. I have not tried it, though, and I would only include it if I could be certain that other squadrons would not be inappropriately transferred to those bases during the campaign.

4. AFAIK, there is no Tornado F3. Only the GR1A and IDS that I am aware of.

And what about ETA? :smile:

No "please release" intended, just to gave a sort of idea.

And what about ETA? :smile:

No "please release" intended, just to gave a sort of idea.

I can't make any promises...I'd like to say sometime in October, but it is mainly dependent on when we finish the A-7D.

Here are my thoughts on these matters:

That said, there is a very strong possibility of Danish Drakens in NF3.

C5, you just made my day with that. :good:

No Mirage F1? Sob... :sorry:

Its still possible.

Its still possible.

I like very much this aircraft, but the fact is I will take happily NF 3 the way you deliver it.

It´s never too late to thank you for all your effort. :good::clapping::ok:

2. Swedish, as well as Spanish, Italian, Greek and other NATO forces are hard to integrate into WOE because the map depicts the North/Central theater while those nations (except Sweden of course) would have been engaged in the Mediterranean. I'm not excluding any nations out of indifference or lack of respect, just trying to keep the campaigns believable. That said, there is a very strong possibility of Danish Drakens in NF3.

I have evidence on targets for italian airforce planned according to nato strategy being in yugoslavia (should it took WP's side) and mostly Hungary. On the other hand, deployments of F-104G or tornados in germany bases equipped with the same planes were done VERY often. therefore a squadron operating maybe from Erding (where often F-104G of Italian ariforce used to go, or Rammstein, is absolutely realistic. Thus saying adding a squadron and a campaing to a campaign is very easy. the advantage of the NF series is that all the modding and cleaning details part is done by column, and we all know what a PITA those little details are. Thanks column, I for one am waiting for NF3 to update (read redo) WOE central europe install

Hi again,

Just another quick (and probably already thought of suggestion) - EE Canberras, will they be featured?

- Alex

Hi again,

Just another quick (and probably already thought of suggestion) - EE Canberras, will they be featured?

- Alex

Well, Canberras are already in WOE by default even though the RAF ones are incorrect tandem seat models. Ajunaidr's Canberras might make it into a future installment , but not this one.

This weekend I experimented with adding a US Navy carrier and air wing to the 1968 campaign. The results are very nice...

Well, Canberras are already in WOE by default even though the RAF ones are incorrect tandem seat models. Ajunaidr's Canberras might make it into a future installment , but not this one.

This weekend I experimented with adding a US Navy carrier and air wing to the 1968 campaign. The results are very nice...

Would you reveal the coordinates of the carrier station you've used?

I admittedly know little or nothing about the NF1 & NF2 campaigns, so this may have already been covered. Anyhow...what about the possibility of a Canadian squadron of CF-104's or CF-5A's? Personally I'd love to see any squadron of F-5As as I'm not nearly as big a fan of the Zipper, but if it had to be a Zipper to get a Canadian squadron in I'd be more than cool with that.

Another question I have is, will the NF1 and NF2 campaigns work with WoE after the September 08 patch?

Anyhow...what about the possibility of a Canadian squadron of CF-104's or CF-5A's?

Already included in previous installments. :ok:

Already included in previous installments. :ok:

So does that mean because of their inclusion in previous NF campaigns, they'll also be included in NF3? And do the wingmen go by the callsign Canuck and append an "eh" on then end of every command they acknowledge? :biggrin:

Edited by Arrow

They are designed to work together--in fact, you can't use the later ones without the earlier ones. No com mod yet but you never know, eh?

hey column 5 could you add portuguese squadrons too? one per campaign? portugal flew F-86F´s, Canadair Sabres Mk.6 as well as G91/R3 and /R4.

oh and by the way i read that someone talked about a new F-14A. That´s great!!!! Is that true??

I´m drooling someone please GET ME A TOWEL!!! :rolleyes:

hey column 5 could you add portuguese squadrons too? one per campaign? portugal flew F-86F´s, Canadair Sabres Mk.6 as well as G91/R3 and /R4.

oh and by the way i read that someone talked about a new F-14A. That´s great!!!! Is that true??

I´m drooling someone please GET ME A TOWEL!!! :rolleyes:

Read back through the last couple of pages and you can see some discussion on the inclusion of other countries. Regarding the F-14, new models of all versions are being worked on by Mirage Factory. No release date has been set.

I understand that it is difficult to integrate other nations regarding geography but my suggestion was based in a way that NATO members would rush some forces to fortify NATO positions in the front line (Germany). But thanks anyway Column :good:

I understand that it is difficult to integrate other nations regarding geography but my suggestion was based in a way that NATO members would rush some forces to fortify NATO positions in the front line (Germany). But thanks anyway Column :good:

If we could get a Med/Southern Europe terrain, we could do some really neat things. Plenty of room for carriers, too.

I like very much this aircraft, but the fact is I will take happily NF 3 the way you deliver it.

It´s never too late to thank you for all your effort. :good::clapping::ok:

Well said and I agree. Thanks in advance!!!

If we could get a Med/Southern Europe terrain, we could do some really neat things. Plenty of room for carriers, too.

Would be sweet... French Aéronavale, Royal Navy, US Navy and of course our South European friends shooting down Soviet and their bulgarian and Romanian allies.