Sign in to follow this  
The_Editor

Sept 2008 Patch Weapons Issue and Findings Thread

Yes, here in Combatace, in the seccion of downloads in jet cockpits there is a sight mod to drop bombs at diferent level of altitude, here the link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=4915

or other mod that help you to drop bombs with more presicion:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=2691

I wait that I do help you...

Thanks, M8.

But what I need to know is how to drop the walleye, an eletrooptical guided bomb.

I thought it was like to drop a Paveway without the laser, TV-guidance, but it doesn´t working and I can´t understand why.

Those guides are for free fall bombs,am I right?

check the Arming Time value

Its in seconds

if you have a value of 5 .. that means your weapon drops without guidiance for 5 seconds before it starts to guide

and it can happen that the weapon "falls out" of its seeker limits during the free fall phase. so once it goes active it doesnt have

a chance to acquire the target

I would think that walleyes, would be, uh, aerodynamically unsound...

310px-Walleye_painting.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would think that walleyes, would be, uh, aerodynamically unsound...

310px-Walleye_painting.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn´t knew walleye was a fish name...

I think I´m forgoting to do something , because it seems to trying to lock the target on TV but it is not "fixing " in the crosshairs, so when I drop them , from 1500-2000 m at 3 km distance, it always fail to guide.

Is there a key to "lock" the bomb on target?

Yeah and sometimes my Walleye always explodes in front of the target.

Why is that so?

Is this the "right" place to post? :biggrin:

Or is it just me?

Perhaps I'm not the first to notice that, but I do have the impression that the gudiance of smart bombs (LGB and apparently also EOGB) has been changed with the patch. Both in WOE (w weapons pack installed) and stock WOV I've noticed that it's now really difficult (mildly put) to hit something with those 'smart' bombs. They simply fail to guide towards the target...something they always did in pre-patch WOE/WOV... :dntknw:

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Gocad

I have noticed almost the same.

Almost, because I have noticed that LGB guidance is OK only when you drop them from a very close distance (say less than 5 km from target)...

Not sure about the case in real life. I mean, are LGBs really dropped from a longer distance, say 15-25 or even 30 km away from target???

I wouldn't rule it out that the parameters might have been changed. I've also noticed that there is now an additional moving crosshair present in the TV display, which I would see as another indicator that TK has changed something...

I wouldn't rule it out that the parameters might have been changed. I've also noticed that there is now an additional moving crosshair present in the TV display, which I would see as another indicator that TK has changed something...

I noticed this moving crosshair, too, while flying CAS in WOE (weapon settings on hard). Some of the AGM-65 that I fired at a moving column of tanks missed, when this crosshair wasn't right on target.

Just thought this was just to make it a bit more life like - the pilot would have to select the target manually by moving crosshairs over it first AFAIK.

I have noticed almost the same.

Almost, because I have noticed that LGB guidance is OK only when you drop them from a very close distance (say less than 5 km from target)...

Not sure about the case in real life. I mean, are LGBs really dropped from a longer distance, say 15-25 or even 30 km away from target???

The distance depends on how much kinetic energy you can give a bomb before releasing it - as it has no power of its own. With JDAMs it comes down to the speed and height of the A/C.

However with LGBs only - depends on the weather as it cant see through clouds etc - modern pods can laze upto 40,000ft, 90s pods maybe 25K or more- problem is the aircraft has to keep lazing the target the whole time till the bomb hits.

Thanks, M8.

But what I need to know is how to drop the walleye, an eletrooptical guided bomb.

I thought it was like to drop a Paveway without the laser, TV-guidance, but it doesn´t working and I can´t understand why.

Those guides are for free fall bombs,am I right?

Yeah should be press E - try diving on the target - from high - never had much luck with standard Walleyes -flippin useless.

it occured to me that the wepons that are showing up are the ones you'd find on the default WEAPONDATA.INI list, even though I'm using the WEAPONDATA.INI from the Jan 08 Weapon Pack.

Strange, dude..........and very f**king annoying

Any suggestions anyone?

So I want to add some weapons to WoI for the Wyvern to use. I've got the latest patch and the Feb 08 editor from the Third Wire site, I also added the MF Weapons pack. After setting the Editor to run in Win 95 compatibility mode it opened up fine, however when I click the 'Open' button it just closes, ditto the 'Import/Merge' button, has anyone else seen this problem?

Have you tried other compatibility modes?

I use the Win98/ME compatibility mode in Vista and have no problems.

Skippy put it in your windows/system folder and make a short cut to it on your desk top. Works like a charm.

Ultramax

I can't figure out why yours isn't working.

1. Install weps pack (did it create a folder called WEAPONS in your objects folder?)

2. Delete the weapondata.dat file.

3. Run the editor (assuming you are using the Feb 08 editor)

4. If you have more than one install, are you sure you are trying to open the right weapondata.ini in the right install?

5. After running the editor open up one of the weps, (with the editor) anyone will do. The close that window, hit save and then close the editor.

6. It should work because that is 100% how I did mine.

If that doesn't work...then dude you got me.

Ultramax

I can't figure out why yours isn't working.

1. Install weps pack (did it create a folder called WEAPONS in your objects folder?)

2. Delete the weapondata.dat file.

3. Run the editor (assuming you are using the Feb 08 editor)

4. If you have more than one install, are you sure you are trying to open the right weapondata.ini in the right install?

5. After running the editor open up one of the weps, (with the editor) anyone will do. The close that window, hit save and then close the editor.

6. It should work because that is 100% how I did mine.

If that doesn't work...then dude you got me.

I've tried that loads of times. I've already reinstalled the bloody game twice. All the other mods work perfectly. I have the same weapons as the default loadout except the only difference is I have the new skins contained in the Jan 08 weapons pack.

I'm just sick of this. For the past two days I've tried to fix this problem. I'm seriously considering reinstalling the original version patched up to the 2006 patches. Never had any problems with that

I've tried that loads of times. I've already reinstalled the bloody game twice. All the other mods work perfectly. I have the same weapons as the default loadout except the only difference is I have the new skins contained in the Jan 08 weapons pack.

I'm just sick of this. For the past two days I've tried to fix this problem. I'm seriously considering reinstalling the original version patched up to the 2006 patches. Never had any problems with that

I don't know what to tell you man, The procedure is that easy and that is the way to do it. There is something wrong on your end.

I don't know what to tell you man, The procedure is that easy and that is the way to do it. There is something wrong on your end.

Dave, I was just looking at another post there where you suggested placing the latest Weapons Editor in the Windows\System folder and placing a shortcut on the desktop. I placed mine in the WOE/Objects folder. Maybe that could be why I'm banging my head off the wall for the past two days. Is it a critical factor do you think?

Weapons related things go here.

Dave, I was just looking at another post there where you suggested placing the latest Weapons Editor in the Windows\System folder and placing a shortcut on the desktop. I placed mine in the WOE/Objects folder. Maybe that could be why I'm banging my head off the wall for the past two days. Is it a critical factor do you think?

Dave; tried the above and have just spent the last half hour checking everything you suggested. At last, I've got all the bumps in the right places. You are a f**king genius mate! Thanks a million. :bowdown2:

Just thought this was just to make it a bit more life like - the pilot would have to select the target manually by moving crosshairs over it first AFAIK.

...and how should one move them. There's no special key to do so and moving the entire aircraft to keep the bomb locked onto the target until impact would not sound ridiculous, it's also not making sense since you need to a TV display for that, which you actually shouldn't need to drop LGBs on the primary target.

Bottom line is...I'm confused about how this is supposed to work now. The previous guidance method (btw, how did it work in WOI before the Aug 2008 patch?) was fine and well in tune with the 'sim lite' approach, but now it's almost useless. :dntknw:

(Don't read this as an "OMGWFTBBQ! Teh game'S broken!!!!111!!" rant, though. I just want input from those that might know more about it.)

Edited by Gocad

Dave; tried the above and have just spent the last half hour checking everything you suggested. At last, I've got all the bumps in the right places. You are a f**king genius mate! Thanks a million. :bowdown2:

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!