Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Achmed.......

Jeff Dunham should be banned cuz he's not funny.

Jeff Dunham should be banned cuz he's not funny.

You clearly miss the point of his act.

I completely agree ruggbutt, Jeff Dunham IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL............ HE IS F#$#king HILARIOUS. Everyone has the right to their own opinions about the man, and I respect urs, I dont agree personally as I think he is funny as hell, but again, thats ur opinion and I respect it.

We watched that video before an OEF mission about a month ago. We laughed our asses off.

So being the wise-ass pilots that I had on my crew, they waited until I had a jet on the boom and announced over the intercom "I kill you". I nearly had to call for a breakaway because I started laughing so hard.

I just You-Tubed it as I'm pretty sure my wife hasnt seen it.

BTW, they can kiss my white butt. PC-ness is for people who cant take the truth about themselves.

Jeff

Parts of his acts are funny, parts are just...meh Give me Don Rickles, Richard Pryor, Red Foxx, or George Carlin any day of the week.

I am person who loves un-pc and humor that goes after every stereotype and race on this planet.

But banning him? Well its South Africa...(yeah I know the nation's disturbing history), but I do not vote there, their decision not mine.

I doubt the man has a racist bone in his body, and even if there was the far of chance he does, who is anyone to tell him he can't have one for it boils down to personal choice? I have been in comedy clubs and seen and heard far worse (jokes that deliberately target and single out a group with violence and hate.)

But hey, South Africa is a sovereign state and they play by their own rules. I am more concerned with the pandering and censorship that occurs within U.S. borders.

Edited by ironroad

I for one wouldn't mind "Bill the dead terrorist". The contrast between the name and the puppet is kinda funny.

South Africa is the land of politically correct overreaction and a world leader in the advancement of hate speech/ thought crime codes. Many so called progressives see South

Africa as a model for future legislation in the united states.

I have the DVD and watch it alot, let that guy who complained come here and post..I'll ban him just because.

Jingle bombs anybody?

from PC baiting eccles...............................I still talk to the trees, that's why they lock me away.

Our judiciary would have laughed its arse off!

I remember some Hindu radicals wanted to go after M.F Hussein(for those who dont know-he's an acclaimed artist) because of his depiction of Hindu dieties in the buff.The judge told them to go get their heads examined.

Humor is all relative of course.

However, I believe with comedy especially, you either try to offend nobody...or you offend everybody.

Listen or watch Carlos Mencia...he's damn funny, and he skewers EVERYBODY...which is just fine. Hell, you should have watched the 'Stereotype Olympics' with events such as the...ahem...'measurement'...'fence jumping','rock throwing','looting'... Yet, as a self labeled 'beaner', he's the one always saying a) Get off your butt and make something of yourself and b) If you want to have your neighborhood be like your original country...then why the hell did you leave and come to the United States in the first place?

I've watched Jeff Dunham for about 15 years, since I first saw his act on TV back in the early 1990s. Even saw him live while I was cross country in Vegas and he happened to be at the hotel I was at. I think he's funny...and by the way, he's a pilot who has built and flown his own helicopters, and written articles for Flying magazine. A dummy he isn't.

FastCargo

Walter and Peanut 2008!

Walter and Peanut 2008!

You know, thats the best idea I've heard since this election began. Beats the daylites outta McCain or ole whatshisname...Love Walters' take on terrorists and peanut is just plain a hoot. :good:

Humor is all relative of course.

However, I believe with comedy especially, you either try to offend nobody...or you offend everybody.

Listen or watch Carlos Mencia...he's damn funny, and he skewers EVERYBODY...which is just fine. Hell, you should have watched the 'Stereotype Olympics' with events such as the...ahem...'measurement'...'fence jumping','rock throwing','looting'... Yet, as a self labeled 'beaner', he's the one always saying a) Get off your butt and make something of yourself and b) If you want to have your neighborhood be like your original country...then why the hell did you leave and come to the United States in the first place?

I've watched Jeff Dunham for about 15 years, since I first saw his act on TV back in the early 1990s. Even saw him live while I was cross country in Vegas and he happened to be at the hotel I was at. I think he's funny...and by the way, he's a pilot who has built and flown his own helicopters, and written articles for Flying magazine. A dummy he isn't.

FastCargo

Walter and Peanut 2008!

Did you see the episode with Carlos's brother came to America and participated in his first...ahem..."cock" fight"

I have read those articles Jeff Dunham has wrote too, he knows his stuff.

Comedy is just that, if anyone takes it further than what its actually is, then they miss the point on what comedy is.

I was just having a conversation about this general idea earlier today. Bottom line is, I don't think any law out there directly says you have the right not to be offended by anything anyone says. Not enough people understand free speech means people get to say things that you don't like.

Grow up, folks. Either all speech is free, or none of it is - there's no picking and choosing.

My brother and I love that show! Jeff Dunham is really hilarious!! :rofl:

I was just having a conversation about this general idea earlier today. Bottom line is, I don't think any law out there directly says you have the right not to be offended by anything anyone says. Not enough people understand free speech means people get to say things that you don't like.

Grow up, folks. Either all speech is free, or none of it is - there's no picking and choosing.

Yes Free speech is all or nothing, BUT with that said, forcing YOUR view on everyone just because you don't like it, should not be tolerated, and that's what this ONE guy has done. Like I said I invite him to come and join CA, say his piece, and then I'll ban him.Let him know how it feels having one person impose their feelings or thoughts on him.

I have read those articles Jeff Dunham has wrote too, he knows his stuff.

Comedy is just that, if anyone takes it further than what its actually is, then they miss the point on what comedy is.

Muslim clerics sound quite a bit like Catholic clerics of the dark ages. They need to lighten up. Never know what a good belly laugh might do for their attitude.

Achmed FTW!!! Renaming him "Bill" would be endlessly lame IMO - hope that Jeff Dunham isn't driven away by people who only understand their own kind of humour...

Edit: Someone do an "Achmed-Weaponspack" featuring the "Achmed Air-to-air missile" (with an RWR-mod to feature repeated warnings of "I Kill You!" when it's inbound) and the "Walter Fart-bomb" (cluster munition, 1 fart per bomblet plz)... :rofl:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Yes Free speech is all or nothing, BUT with that said, forcing YOUR view on everyone just because you don't like it, should not be tolerated, and that's what this ONE guy has done. Like I said I invite him to come and join CA, say his piece, and then I'll ban him.Let him know how it feels having one person impose their feelings or thoughts on him.

Yeah, that's basically what I was saying. Sorry if that wasn't clear.